The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

It doesn't get much more universal than onion wrap in your socks! 🤣

Some people don't need onions in their socks!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Along with their passion for swing music, [Sir Rod Stewart] and Holland bonded over a love of model railways.

Sir Rod's face lights up when the subject is brought up. "There's not many places you can go, especially in the music world, and talk about model railroads for a few hours and send each other pictures."

"What Rod hasn't said there," picks up Holland, "is that we do speak for several hours and exchange pictures about details, because it's a study of landscape and architecture."

The discussions to plan their musical collaboration were quicker and simpler. "When it came to talking about the record, I would say we'd probably spent 10, 15 maybe 20 minutes.

"I'd say, 'What about this song?' and he'd say, 'Great', and that would be it. Not much of a discussion. We'd just go and record it. Railways we'd take the time over."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68449163

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

meandmy.jpg.6defa317fe9f7ce1ad1827bc21fc799b.jpg

You need to see more of the sentence before you know which is correct. for example:

The waitress bought the food to my hushand and me, but the food was not what my husband and I had ordered.

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Vistisen said:

You need to see more of the sentence before you know which is correct. for example:

The waitress bought the food to my hushand and me, but the food was not what my husband and I had ordered.

As the post refers to pictures of couples then my husband and I is correct if the woman

responded , here is a picture of ,  just as it would be my wife and I if a man replied .

• Like 1

On 29/02/2024 at 22:10, Hroth said:

Perhaps he's annoyed that she has a series of popular books AND a tv series, and he hasn't...

... and she's more famous, funnier, younger and better-looking?

e.g. her appearance on WILTY (series 16, episode 6)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j0ll/would-i-lie-to-you-series-16-episode-6

And the walk-by cameo appearance at 1:04:15 in The Dectorists 2022 special

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001gp05/detectorists-2022-special

• Like 4