Chesterton, mirco layout

matt-b

Hello people.

Here is my new layout.

I have at the moment a Regional Railways 150 and 156 (away for weathering) for passenger services then a EWS 66 + 3 VGA`s for freight use.

Hoping to get my Mercig models out on it over the next few weeks and add some more pallets to the yard.

Thanks, Matt

P1000054_zpsac60b58a.jpg

P1000048_zps8e4030cc.jpg

I know what you mean . I get a new peace if stock and just use that and put the rest to one side haha . I need to start weathering and detailing more of my stock now. There are some pictures of my 58 and 47 on my layout thread it's called Stuart's lane .

yeah i could, the run around loop gives me room for 3 coaches, which is a ###### as most need 4 coaches plus... although back when blue and grey ruled i think some scottish 37`s used to split there trains, so they ran is shorter lengths... though what would be a era change.

naaa its just made up, i didnt build it myself, i got it done by someone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

A lovely little layout you have there, I can only think of one thing i would add and that is some signals (perhaps semaphore's), other than that i think it looks fine, many layouts are ruined by having to much going on. But yours looks spot on to me.

Graham.

Thanks for your replies.

I think i`ll look into getting afew more passengers for the platform and some high fencing for the yard.

I like the VGA wagons cause of there size, i know they used to run to Bloxwich carrying pet food, but these ran in long rakes.

There was afew sometimes at Georgemas, with the safeways containers, does anyone know what these carried? i think they carried onto Thurso yard?

Thanks, Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This looks really good. Plenty of atmosphere and the right degree of weathering. Personally I would go easy on the people...smaller layouts in particular look a little odd with lots of frozen people and road vehicles. Ideally have a few passengers waiting, better still sitting, and a couple of parked cars; you hint at activity...open doors, propped bikes etc. But not too much...as has been said, you don't want your model looking cluttered.

I would, however, add a few more trees along the back.

• RMweb Gold

Very, very nice! Ground texture, colouring - all spot on. It has that nice minimalist "rationalised branch line" feel. One small recommendation - round in the corners of the backscene. You'll be surprise how much difference that makes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived