Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wright writes.....

No A4s I'm afraid at the moment Tony (my four Dapol ones are still in 'as purchased' condition) but a couple of LNER pacifics going very slowly through the works.

However, I would like to share a couple of Dapol A3s. In front is a 'Grand Parade' model in the process of being converted into 'Harvester' in c. 1933 condition (right hand drive and still fitted with Westinghouse brakes). This was purchased as one of two non-running models from Dapol for which I've repaired the valve gear on both and fixed a couple of other issues to bring them into running condition - the other is awaiting the start of its conversion into 'Isinglass' in A1 condition.

The rear model is of 'Sceptre', again c. 1933 with Westinghouse brakes. This one was originally a BR liveried A3 in a very sorry state that I was donated! Luckily I had a spare LNER liveried boiler, cab and driving wheels which has saved some time. However, the splashers, bogie wheels, cartazzi wheels and tender have had to be repainted in Doncaster Green and lined out with a bow pen. I am fortunate that Precision gloss Doncaster Green seems to be a very good match and weathering will hide the slight mismatch.

I've also painted out the green on the valances and, although not visible, I have also lined out 'Sceptre's' tender frames. I own a total of nine Dapol A3s and, once I'm finished, all will be visually different.

attachicon.gif20180204_123212.jpg

Under the models are drawings to assist in my efforts to turn a Farish A2 into one of its ancestors!

Great stuff Steve, many thanks for posting.

This sort of personal work is exactly what I was mentioning earlier...............

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No A4s I'm afraid at the moment Tony (my four Dapol ones are still in 'as purchased' condition) but a couple of LNER pacifics going very slowly through the works.

However, I would like to share a couple of Dapol A3s. In front is a 'Grand Parade' model in the process of being converted into 'Harvester' in c. 1933 condition (right hand drive and still fitted with Westinghouse brakes). This was purchased as one of two non-running models from Dapol for which I've repaired the valve gear on both and fixed a couple of other issues to bring them into running condition - the other is awaiting the start of its conversion into 'Isinglass' in A1 condition.

The rear model is of 'Sceptre', again c. 1933 with Westinghouse brakes. This one was originally a BR liveried A3 in a very sorry state that I was donated! Luckily I had a spare LNER liveried boiler, cab and driving wheels which has saved some time. However, the splashers, bogie wheels, cartazzi wheels and tender have had to be repainted in Doncaster Green and lined out with a bow pen. I am fortunate that Precision gloss Doncaster Green seems to be a very good match and weathering will hide the slight mismatch.

I've also painted out the green on the valances and, although not visible, I have also lined out 'Sceptre's' tender frames. I own a total of nine Dapol A3s and, once I'm finished, all will be visually different.

attachicon.gif20180204_123212.jpg

Under the models are drawings to assist in my efforts to turn a Farish A2 into one of its ancestors!

I think that's the first reference I've seen for an A3 having Westinghouse brakes - what stock was similarly fitted to need such a large loco to haul it?

edit: Of course now I have Googled it, it would seem that *that* run behind a certain Duck named streak was using Westinghouse brakes... Always learning :)

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 1

Great stuff Steve, many thanks for posting.

This sort of personal work is exactly what I was mentioning earlier...............

Thank you Tony,

As you know, I am attempting the model the LNER over a roughly ten year period (c. 1929-39 with some oddities thrown in for good measure). In this respect, the N gauge modeller is nowhere near as luckily as the 4mm one in terms of what is available RTR or even in kit form. There are only four models currently available from Farish and Dapol that fit into my time period (A3, A4, B17 and J39) and the old Farish V2 (of which I own two) now longer meet my expectations in terms of detail. Therefore I'll have to design several classes (using my usual 3D printing techniques) and adapt RTR chassis (I've not progressed to scratchbuilding these yet) to make a reasonable representation of what would have been seen on the Southern end of the ECML during this period. As a result, I'm happy to accept RTR offerings when suitable as they are a great time saver (and generally haul well).

I think that's the first reference I've seen for an A3 having Westinghouse brakes - what stock was similarly fitted to need such a large loco to haul it?

There was a batch of North British locomotives so fitted but these were all removed by the mid 1930s. Typically they were for the Northern areas but apparently could be seen at Kings Cross occasionally.

Edited by Atso

A couple of observations: firstly on exhibitions -

Why disquieting? Observing, and experiencing for myself, the incredible arrogance of so many of the visitors - pushing in front of, blocking the view, gathering in exits and entrances were the very people you might least expect to show such bad manners. Men of advancing years. A wide range of visitors were at the show, young, old, couples, families, children - lots of families with children. 

Ok, I admit to being a little sociophobic, I don't do crowds too well but when you've been barged, bumped, almost dry-humped... a dozen times in an hour. It wasn't even that crowded.

In the end I just picked up a couple of bits from the various trade stands and gave up. So I didn't get to see any of the demonstrators this year, or get back to see the exhibits that warranted (for me) a second visit.

I am in my sixties, I think I have manners, I would always defer my needs so that someone else could also share a worthwhile experience. Why is it that most offenders are my age or older?

I just wondered if others have experienced this at other exhibitions. If you have, how does it make you feel about visiting an exhibition where you have to drive for two hours or more, each way just to feel uncomfortable.

Regards

(a possibly paranoid) Billj

Billj, I couldn't agree more this is exactly why I do not attend more shows and exhibitions. I am only in my forties and it disgusts me the absolute utter rudeness that a lot of people demonstrate at these shows, especially from those that are old enough to know better. My wife completely refuses to join me at any event for these reasons alone.

I only go to my local exhibitions and I experience this so most certainly will not travel any distance to be physically and socially abused. This does mean that I miss the fantastic demonstrations and probably have missed, and will never, learn valuable modelling skills and build friendships with likeminded people thus expanding the wealth of knowledge, experience and skills that can be shared.

Additionally where I live does not have a local model shop and the nearest one (about half an hour drive on a good day) has recently closed thus ensuring that any liquid type products i.e.paints and glues either incur a heavy courier costs for a pot of paint. So such shows and exhibitions are being more important for me from a consumer aspect as well. Of course I could delay each project or kit build until I have a long enough list to ensure value for money on courier costs but this I fear will make starting anything a military planned manoeuvre, eliminating any modelling enjoyment or satisfaction.

I think it clearly reflects today's society and how an ever increasing majority of self centred, obnoxious people are destroying community spirit and social inclusion. That said there are still many amount of people of all ages that will and do happily help and include others, (although they are now the minority it seems) as proven by Tony's thread.

Apologises if a little negative but I hate to see a beautiful hobby that offers so much in a way of variety of interests, skills and friendships be destroyed by modern society's lack of reasonable social interaction and single minded self centred rudeness.

Tony I hope MO is on the mend and you are well.

Thank you for your superb; DVDs, photographs, books and articles. They are a tremendous source of knowledge and inspiration, as are so many other contributors to RMweb.

Unfortunately, show organisers needs for visitors through the doors means that they have to attract all comers. That means families on a day out, railway enthusiasts who aren't very much interested in modelling, etc.

So if you find most shows "uncomfortable", then I suggest that you try ExpoEM at Bracknell, Scaleforum and Railex, both at Aylesbury. Not overcrowded, but with a great selection of modelling, demonstrators and traders. There are others, but these would certainly be the top of my list of shows that are well worth attending and where you won't feel crowded.

• Like 2

The ultimate would be Full Rotation Locking with the Home signal released for one pull only, until the Starter as been pulled and put back, and all done mechanicly.

Here's a drawing of "Full Rotation Locking", this uses lifting tappets, and can not be applied to a "Modeltec" frame, but it could be modified to work with springs, the same as Harold's conditional locking.

post-702-0-47653900-1517753778_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Andrew,

Many thanks. 

I did tell the group which built Wickwar that they were running an individual WD far, far away from its native road. I stopped short of saying it should have a different top feed and a tunnel for the fire-irons - correct for WR-allocated ones. 

I must have the condition.................................

Afternoon Tony,

poor old Wickwar, I'm feeling slightly guilty picking on it now. I suppose they still have the consolation of a nice trophy to polish. When I was a wee nipper, and taken to model railway exhibitions by my Father, I was in awe of the fantastic modelling. Naturally I assumed that everything was being meticulously recreated as it was back in the day, a condition that those not in the know still believe today. Imagine the shock when a non railway modelling friend discovered that people for the most part don't build there own locomotives any more, what a con perpetrated on the great British public, she wanted her money back.

It wasn't until I got involved in modelling as part of a group that I discovered to my dismay that my childhood amazement was all smoke and mirrors. The majority of it all was just made up, with the prevailing attitude being, nobody will know the difference. Talk about heroes with feet of clay. It did inspire me in a way, in that the seemingly unreachable levels of modelling were actually nothing of the sort. Off course, there was always a minority more committed to a more prototypical approach, those such as yourself that were striving to do what I naively thought everybody was doing when I was a kid.

This is not an A4 either. In fact almost at the opposite end of the power and speed spectrum!

[attachment=961022:image.jpg

Enjoyed building this and have been able to get this done in a month. Something of a record for me!

Jon

Lovely work, Jon; my compliments.

What's its origin, please? 

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there helping a friend operate his layout. I'll bring a steam engine and accordingly expect to win the trophy you and Mike are bringing. ;-p

The "prize" Clive and I will be bringing is the enjoyment we will get by stamping on said winning locomotive.

Mike.

While we are providing picture examples of scratch-built models, here's one I came across while looking through some of my old photos (for something else). It's N/2mm scale and based on one of Hawkshaw's towers at Cannon Street station - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hawkshaw and is made mainly from plasticard with a wood carved curved roof section.

post-33-0-95331300-1517761301_thumb.jpg

post-33-0-99985300-1517761870_thumb.jpg

I've also started a thread for a few other pics of the layout here: www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130850-my-old-layout-pics/ that might be of interest.

G.

• Like 15

Afternoon Tony,

poor old Wickwar, I'm feeling slightly guilty picking on it now. I suppose they still have the consolation of a nice trophy to polish. When I was a wee nipper, and taken to model railway exhibitions by my Father, I was in awe of the fantastic modelling. Naturally I assumed that everything was being meticulously recreated as it was back in the day, a condition that those not in the know still believe today. Imagine the shock when a non railway modelling friend discovered that people for the most part don't build there own locomotives any more, what a con perpetrated on the great British public, she wanted her money back.

It wasn't until I got involved in modelling as part of a group that I discovered to my dismay that my childhood amazement was all smoke and mirrors. The majority of it all was just made up, with the prevailing attitude being, nobody will know the difference. Talk about heroes with feet of clay. It did inspire me in a way, in that the seemingly unreachable levels of modelling were actually nothing of the sort. Off course, there was always a minority more committed to a more prototypical approach, those such as yourself that were striving to do what I naively thought everybody was doing when I was a kid.

A most interesting post, Andrew; my thanks for writing it. 

I, too, was taken to model railway shows as a wee boy by my dad. It would be in the '50s and they were staged in Chester's town hall. Chester MRC used to put it on, and (from memory) it was all their own work. There was usually an O Gauge layout and a large OO system, featuring a continuous run, with a terminus in the middle. Was it called Chestergate, I wonder? Everything on it was made, including some fantastic, elastic-band-driven chassis and Emmett/Heath Robinson-like creations, run sporadically, to a commentary, to please the kids (and not just the kids). It was wonderful modelling, and it left an indelible memory. 

A little later on in my life (though still a sprog), I was being fitted out for a new school blazer at Bradley's, in City Road in Chester (does anyone remember the firm's slogan 'Boys Can Be Boys in Bradley's Clothes?) . The chap who measured me up (it was a Barathea blazer, and I was under fear of death if I damaged it!) was a member of the club, and I recognised him. He invited my dad and me to the clubrooms (though I cannot remember where they were). I was still too young to take the hobby 'seriously', but later on I actually joined the club as a junior. There was a different OO layout there then (the clubrooms by now were in Chester Northgate Station - how appropriate), overseen by a fierce character called Ted. My friend and I started running some Hornby-Dublo two-rail stuff on it, at speed, and Ted nearly exploded. 'Get that rubbish off!' he exhorted' I've built that track and you'll damage it with your crude models!' 

It was clear, the philosophy at Chester MRC was 'we build things'. Granted, today's RTR offerings are probably superior to what the likes of Ted and the Bradley's man made, but the former's no-nonsense attitude probably sowed the seeds in my mind to follow a similar 'make-it' path. I'd like to think so.

What does all the above show? That we've actually gone backwards with regard to 'modellers' actually making things in this hobby (and not just locos/rolling stock)? Certainly, if recent visits to model railway clubs are anything to go by, a large majority of the members are just happy to turn up and run their latest purchases, round and round on the test-tracks. I took a couple or so of my recently-built locos along and there was incredulity among some; questions such as 'Did you really make those?' being asked, as if they'd never seen the like before. There was also incredulity at the price I'd paid for the bits. 'That's over twice as much as I paid for this' said one, as he proudly stuck a straight-from-the-box Hornby Pacific under my nose. And, he still thought that the prices he was having to pay now for his RTR items were 'stupid'.  

I am not denying anyone the right to own the models they wish, but is this typical of many model railway clubs these days? Though I'm still a member (I might even still be the President) of Wolverhampton MRC, because of geography now I rarely attend, but it was never like that there. The OO test tracks were Stoke Summit or Charwelton and, though these were both used for running RTR stock, there was always a majority of kit-built stuff which was being tested.

If the future for model railways (in all scales/gauges) would appear to be so RTR-dominated or 'modellers' being reliant on commissioned work, then, please, count me out. It certainly wasn't at Chester over 60 years ago, so why should it be now? 

I'm with you and your LS colleagues. Let's make things ourselves; it is, after all, a constructional hobby. Or, is that a bit 'elitist'? I hope not.

Regards,

Tony.  

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

LNERly Class J79, here's the crane tank version.

attachicon.gifJ79 590 Springhead.jpg

Those driving wheels look like something turned out by a very average model engineer in 5” gauge: cute tho’.

Just found the wheel components for my next loco in the bits boxes. They are roughed out fabricated spokes, hubs and rims begun by the late Denys Brownlee. They will need finish turning and some tricky insulation for the likely drive gearbox. Quite nice continuity, actually, as I used 16 of Deny’s wheels on Lord President.

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 1

A couple of observations: firstly on exhibitions -

Why disquieting? Observing, and experiencing for myself, the incredible arrogance of so many of the visitors - pushing in front of, blocking the view, gathering in exits and entrances were the very people you might least expect to show such bad manners. Men of advancing years. A wide range of visitors were at the show, young, old, couples, families, children - lots of families with children. 

Ok, I admit to being a little sociophobic, I don't do crowds too well but when you've been barged, bumped, almost dry-humped... a dozen times in an hour. It wasn't even that crowded.

In the end I just picked up a couple of bits from the various trade stands and gave up. So I didn't get to see any of the demonstrators this year, or get back to see the exhibits that warranted (for me) a second visit.

I am in my sixties, I think I have manners, I would always defer my needs so that someone else could also share a worthwhile experience. Why is it that most offenders are my age or older?

I just wondered if others have experienced this at other exhibitions. If you have, how does it make you feel about visiting an exhibition where you have to drive for two hours or more, each way just to feel uncomfortable.

Regards

(a possibly paranoid) Billj

Billj, I couldn't agree more this is exactly why I do not attend more shows and exhibitions. I am only in my forties and it disgusts me the absolute utter rudeness that a lot of people demonstrate at these shows, especially from those that are old enough to know better. My wife completely refuses to join me at any event for these reasons alone.

I only go to my local exhibitions and I experience this so most certainly will not travel any distance to be physically and socially abused. This does mean that I miss the fantastic demonstrations and probably have missed, and will never, learn valuable modelling skills and build friendships with likeminded people thus expanding the wealth of knowledge, experience and skills that can be shared.

Additionally where I live does not have a local model shop and the nearest one (about half an hour drive on a good day) has recently closed thus ensuring that any liquid type products i.e.paints and glues either incur a heavy courier costs for a pot of paint. So such shows and exhibitions are being more important for me from a consumer aspect as well. Of course I could delay each project or kit build until I have a long enough list to ensure value for money on courier costs but this I fear will make starting anything a military planned manoeuvre, eliminating any modelling enjoyment or satisfaction.

I think it clearly reflects today's society and how an ever increasing majority of self centred, obnoxious people are destroying community spirit and social inclusion. That said there are still many amount of people of all ages that will and do happily help and include others, (although they are now the minority it seems) as proven by Tony's thread.

Apologises if a little negative but I hate to see a beautiful hobby that offers so much in a way of variety of interests, skills and friendships be destroyed by modern society's lack of reasonable social interaction and single minded self centred rudeness.

Tony I hope MO is on the mend and you are well.

Thank you for your superb; DVDs, photographs, books and articles. They are a tremendous source of knowledge and inspiration, as are so many other contributors to RMweb.

Southampton was excellent as a show on the Saturday when I attended but then I did spend a fair (large) amount of time with Tony and Mo plus a gentleman ( one of Tony's students ) whose name escapes me from Oxfordshire. My only criticism is in post 22236 on this thread which partly agrees with you. Please do not misconstrue my haircut comment long hair is fine if clean, I just like good manners and a little bit of cleanliness in a human being.

Regards

Peter

Edited by petrovich

A couple of LOUSY pics of my Bachmann Blue Pullman on a Model of the Monsal Dale Viaduct that I had, I sold the BP, and the Viaduct is now in the hands of the Derby Museum.

The Viaduct was due to be built into a Midland project.

post-9335-0-32053000-1517765286_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43839900-1517765333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

What does all the above show? That we've actually gone backwards with regard to 'modellers' actually making things in this hobby (and not just locos/rolling stock)? Certainly, if recent visits to model railway clubs are anything to go by, a large majority of the members are just happy to turn up and run their latest purchases, round and round on the test-tracks. I took a couple or so of my recently-built locos along and there was incredulity among some; questions such as 'Did you really make those?' being asked, as if they'd never seen the like before. There was also incredulity at the price I'd paid for the bits. 'That's over twice as much as I paid for this' said one, as he proudly stuck a straight-from-the-box Hornby Pacific under my nose. And, he still thought that the prices he was having to pay now for his RTR items were 'stupid'.  

I think that those who exclusively purchase RTR do not often consider the amount of time, effort and money that goes into designing and making a model. Over the years I've seen several posts along the lines of 'injection mouldings cost pence to produce so why are we being charged so much?' It seems to me that those who build kits and/or scratchbuild gain a better understanding of the time it takes to design and make masters/moulds via the (sometimes lengthy) construction process and therefore better appreciate the value of a model. How the likes of Hornby, Bachmann, Dapol, etc manage to produce such lovely models at a very competitive price is beyond me.

However, I must confess to being somewhat hypocritical here as I can't remember the last time I bought a RTR locomotive at the RRP. That said, this is more to do with my current employment/financial situation than an aversion to paying that kind of money. My solution has been to look out for either cheaper second hand items or returns in need of repair. In the case of the later, I can only marvel at some of the complexity that goes into a modern N gauge steam locomotive and I've learnt a lot by having to pull apart, repair and reassemble locomotives. If I was doing this for a living then I think I could easily triple the cost of an RTR locomotive with some of the work (and time) required and I fully understand why the big manufacturers often replace, rather than repair, defective items.

Lovely work, Jon; my compliments.

What's its origin, please?

Thank you Tony.

The kit is a J79 from Connoisseur Models. They are available in 7mm but this one is from a small run that was produced in 4mm about three years ago.

I have a vague idea to build a small dockyard to display a Flower class corvette. The ship is half built and “resting” on a shelf at the moment. I think that the J79 would a good little dockyard shunter to go with the ship.

Must remember to finish the corvette sometime.....

Jon

• Like 1

Thank you Andy for the picture of the Midland Pullman on Monsal Dale Viaduct. It gives my a flavour of what I missed.

Our leader wrote "I am not denying anyone the right to own the models they wish, but is this typical of many model railway clubs these days? "  

Well in my experience that is entirely typical even up to the premier model railway club. This is the reason why I do not bother with the local clubs (there are a few within a reasonable distance from me) as I find that their philosophy and ethos is so different from mine. That is why I value this thread as to me it is like a club night where we have films,photos, reminiscences, tall stories and modelling techniques and discussions thereon. Best of all it is every night and not just one appointed one!  I regard the folk who lurk here as friends and colleagues and enjoy their contributions.

Best of all no subscription or exhibition duties!

Martin Long

Edited by glo41f
  • Like 1

Clive, you are correct about the Class A, but you won't find the "K" in a LNERly book, they never quiet made it, the NERly withdew them in April 1922. I'm on with a "K" in Gauge 1, picture of the real animmal attached.

attachicon.gifK No Unkown Alexandra Dock.jpg

Mention has been made of homemade wheels, here is a wheel centre for my Gauge 1 engine. It originated as a piece of 1/4in brass plate. Still some fettleing required.

post-702-0-16835800-1517767977_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I think that those who exclusively purchase RTR do not often consider the amount of time, effort and money that goes into designing and making a model. Over the years I've seen several posts along the lines of 'injection mouldings cost pence to produce so why are we being charged so much?' It seems to me that those who build kits and/or scratchbuild gain a better understanding of the time it takes to design and make masters/moulds via the (sometimes lengthy) construction process and therefore better appreciate the value of a model. How the likes of Hornby, Bachmann, Dapol, etc manage to produce such lovely models at a very competitive price is beyond me.

However, I must confess to being somewhat hypocritical here as I can't remember the last time I bought a RTR locomotive at the RRP. That said, this is more to do with my current employment/financial situation than an aversion to paying that kind of money. My solution has been to look out for either cheaper second hand items or returns in need of repair. In the case of the later, I can only marvel at some of the complexity that goes into a modern N gauge steam locomotive and I've learnt a lot by having to pull apart, repair and reassemble locomotives. If I was doing this for a living then I think I could easily triple the cost of an RTR locomotive with some of the work (and time) required and I fully understand why the big manufacturers often replace, rather than repair, defective items.

Thanks Steve,

I doubt if many modellers pay the RRP for their RTR items, but, even if they did, they'd still be excellent value for money. 

My only involvement with the production of RTR products has been as an adviser. I've helped Hornby a little in the past, but my 'input' in more recent years has been with Bachmann's Thompson cars and Heljan's O2s. Though I'm not claiming either product is 'right' or 'good' because of me, the amount of research, test model-making and effort which went into those models was incredible (not by me, I hasten to add). The research lead times were long, and that time/resource has to be paid for in the long run. 

Obviously, both products ended up with compromises, but I still think what ended up for sale was very good. Yet, didn't we have the moans along the lines of 'I'm not paying £50.00 for an RTR coach. You must be joking'? Yet, those same moaners (who are probably incapable of making anything to the same standard) conveniently forget that the cost of the bits for an equivalent kit is probably more. 

Heljan's O2s got a bit of a rough ride to begin with (largely, in my personal experience - I fixed over 40 of them - due to poor quality control and, in some cases, real clumsiness on the part of those who took them from their boxes). Yes, I agree, plastic handrail pillars are not the best, but the Heljan O2 is a very powerful 2-8-0 and, with a bit of work, a fine model at source. But, the moaners were out in force, bleating about how expensive it is. Have those bleaters built an equivalent kit, and made it run as well as the RTR O2? The kit, plus parts, will probably be £100.00 more than the RTR item.

Anyway, who forces anyone to but things? The choice is always theirs. 

All the above might sound a bit hypocritical, especially since my last post moaned about the demise of folk actually making things. However, I still think I can exhort folk to have a go themselves by using RTR models as a starting point. They're no lesser modellers than those (like me) who prefer to make kits, and some of the end results can be stunning. They get far more respect from me than those whose principal skill is to open boxes or get others to do their 'modelling' for them.

And, anyway, I'm in a bit of a no-win situation (of my own making). It's quite flattering to be approached by reputable firms asking me for my assistance. To turn them down would be churlish, though some might see my helping them as being a bit of a 'poacher-turned-gamekeeper'.

Just how good a starting point the models mentioned above are, I hope is illustrated by the following pictures. I've done a fair bit of work on them, and the results have been seen in BRM. 

post-18225-0-31121600-1517775106_thumb.jpg 

post-18225-0-72902800-1517775149_thumb.jpg

post-18225-0-00801900-1517775173_thumb.jpg

post-18225-0-80927800-1517775190_thumb.jpg

The O2 immediately above has since been sold-on, but the other (weathered perfectly by Geoff Haynes) and the carriages see regular use on LB. 

Keep up the good work, my friend. 

• Like 16