Kernow Models O2 CAD update

Andy Y

The second set of cad-cams have arrived with Kernow Modelsfrom Dapol and they are now in the process of checking these.

The headcode disks will be separate fittings as with the Beattie Well Tank. Attached are various angles but there will still be some amendments to these.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Further ordering information can be found on Kernow's site here - http://www.kernowmod...team_Locomotive

Many thanks Andy and Graham for this advance info.

The ony question for me will be not "if", but how many. And in this case I hope for Era 3 IoW versions. I believe there will be three liveries: lined olive green, utility black, and unlined malachite.

Rivet counting will not affect my choice, though there is one caveat for buyers who might wish to add alternative names and numbers. The repair (welded?) patch to the bottom of the side tanks came relatively late in life, and might not be appropriate for every loco in the fleet. Dated photos should confirm.

And by the same Board decision that allocated O2s to the S&D, Gate Stock carriages were loaned to the Island, especially for the Freshwater branch. Who can do Photoshop?

PB

Rivet counting will not affect my choice, though there is one caveat for buyers who might wish to add alternative names and numbers. The repair (welded?) patch to the bottom of the side tanks came relatively late in life, and might not be appropriate for every loco in the fleet. Dated photos should confirm.

PB

Also wondering if there will be Adams/Drummond boiler choices offered too.....they did swap them about a bit!

JF

A further detail variation is the cab roof sliding ventilator, this was not fitted to all O2's, photos will need checking for which and when, I am not sure if this was an Island modification or was applied elsewhere as well.

The O2's sent to the island postwar did not have it.

As Pete Bedding stated the tank patch along the bottom of the side tanks also varied, some locos had this full length (As Calbourne) others only part way. Earlier in their lives, no patch at all.

The location of the injector behind the cab steps is also a later alteration, as built the injector was fitted up under the running plate just forward of the steps.

All details to watch when ealier liveried versions come out.

Pete

• AY Mod locked this topic

Archived