Jubilees? (I hope!)

Kind regards,

Jock.

I can legitimately put a Jubilee at the head of one train and actually there are pictures of this formation on Dent previously. But that is not the answer Hahaha. :jester:  

• Like 4

ITS A SLEDGE

HAMMER

though the Helix

HO HO HO HHHHOOOO

What a good idea, one point for ingenuity if nothing else.............but wrong again!

I do hope my mate brings his stock or I'll be eating humble mince pie! AND I hate mince pies cause its Christmassssssy

• Like 2

What a good idea, one point for ingenuity if nothing else.............but wrong again!

I do hope my mate brings his stock or I'll be eating humble mince pie! AND I hate mince pies cause its Christmassssssy

I'll have ALL your Mince Pies please, I love em.

I now know what it is

EWS 66's over the S & C.

hahahhahahhahh ho ho ho :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

I'll have ALL your Mince Pies please, I love em.

I now know what it is

EWS 66's over the S & C.

hahahhahahhahh ho ho ho :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Mince pies, you can have all those bakery sweep ups they have been collecting from the floor and storing for 12 months! YUK!

Oh! Almost forgot its NOT a class 66 either!

All will be revealed later when I finish work Hohoho!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not quite festive but I don't recall seeing any livestock on the layout (could it be huskies?) but it may just be that I should have gone to Specsavers - other opticians are available.

Surely as it involves a mate who normally visits with some of his own 'toys' to play trains, it must be to do with stock so I would guess blue diesels, unless of course the said friend is a drover brining sheep to the fells!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

:no: I've got it,

YES THIS TIME I REALLY HAVE GOT IT

ITS

THOMAS THE BLEEEEEEEDIN TANK

:no:  :no: :no:  

Anhydrite Wagons Mick..............If only, what a Christmas present that would be! Sadly its the wrong answer.

Ah, but you don't believe in christmas smiley_boy_happy.gif

Still it was better than suggesting you were going to populate the cattle pens with pigs ready for transportation to the Bitton sausage factory :jester:

Not quite festive but I don't recall seeing any livestock on the layout (could it be huskies?) but it may just be that I should have gone to Specsavers - other opticians are available.

Not even warm Ray!

Surely as it involves a mate who normally visits with some of his own 'toys' to play trains, it must be to do with stock so I would guess blue diesels, unless of course the said friend is a drover brining sheep to the fells!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Definitely 5 points out of ten for effort Jock.

Last clue before I have my tea and post some pic's.....This was the original question....

Just had two mates around and there is something 'seasonal' appearing on Dent on Friday evening, guesses welcome!

Jock, among all the strange and bizarre answers (yes you Andy) Jock is the closest. Its an era-hoping display of a 'special' seasonal variety!

That's it, no more clues. I'm having my tea then I'll put you all out of your misery... Hoho

:no: I've got it,

YES THIS TIME I REALLY HAVE GOT IT

ITS

THOMAS THE BLEEEEEEEDIN TANK

:no:  :no: :no:  

Absolutely NOT!

• Like 2

Ah, but you don't believe in christmas smiley_boy_happy.gif

Still it was better than suggesting you were going to populate the cattle pens with pigs ready for transportation to the Bitton sausage factory :jester:

I'll just dig out those Hornby 'Palethorpes' vans I have, Oh just realised I got rid of those decades ago, so it another NO Mick!

• Like 3

Hi all,

I'm sure you all want putting out of your misery. No one got it right but there was a couple of close calls and I'm sure you Andy, yes you Andy thought it was a snowplough, well even I had no idea there was a snowplough coming so I could avoid giving you any credit and just hide the thing, but hey, its okay I never knew you had such an insight. So primarily for you here are some unexpected snowplough duties.

post-5296-0-28431800-1419102748_thumb.jpg

Class 25, 25034 has been set back into the 'Down' refuge to allow the crew a brew up!

post-5296-0-68025300-1419102768_thumb.jpg

Arty shot!

post-5296-0-73208400-1419102799_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-37908100-1419102811_thumb.jpg

25034 Having cleared the Down Main to Garsdale then crossed over to the 'Up' and fought its way through for another brew up in the 'Up' refuge!

The whole point of all this frantic activity was to allow for the passage of............WAIT FOR IT.............this is the answer to the quiz.............ARE YOU READY?

What type of trains commonly run throughout the railway network day and especially night were increased with 'SEASONAL TRAFFIC' at this time of year......................Take a look at the various era's beginning with the good old BR days 1948-1968

post-5296-0-65894900-1419102830_thumb.jpg

Just for Jock: Ex: LMS Jubilee 4-6-0 45629 'Straits Settlements' is charged with an 'additional' seasonal southbound mail service which she will haul as far as Leeds.

post-5296-0-65196100-1419102848_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-57616400-1419102867_thumb.jpg

Era hopping to follow....

• Like 12

Part two.....

1967 onward.....

Some gallery views of Class 46 No 46035 as it works the Mail train through Dentdale

post-5296-0-75193800-1419103904_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-61100200-1419103814_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-24530500-1419103821_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-85289100-1419103827_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-98592400-1419103832_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-70682000-1419103838_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-79671600-1419103844_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-74779600-1419103850_thumb.jpg

Same coaches in BR Corporate Blue and Grey don't look quite as 'bright' in comparison.

Era hopping again into the 90's now....

post-5296-0-90673600-1419103800_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-99812000-1419103807_thumb.jpg

Class 40, 40012 'Aureol' Heads the southbound 'Royal Mail Letters' train through Dent bringing loads of presents to everyone, well one can hope! These same coaches do look 'brighter' I must say, still, not to my taste though.

Edited to correct at one point. Doh!

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 14

Mike,

Sorry mate, close but no coconut! And dad drove the mails sometimes to make it worse! Sad to say that I've even seen a Duchess lowered to such a mundane task but there's a thought for Dent?

Have to say that there is no contest in my less than humble opinion, the Jubilee is a living breathing thing of beauty while, as I believe Jason said, the other things are just coloured boxes with engines! Even the exhaust doesn't smell nearly as nice HaHaHa!

Good fun quiz though and we look forward to some more lovely pics if you decide to take a little time off work over the festive season,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

I have one you could borrow!!

On second thoughts, I also have a Lime 'Palethorpes' Siphon - make a big sausage train!!

Sorry mate! I was so excited at having no winners to the quiz I never spotted the above posts. Andy would like BIG sausages I'm sure.