• RMweb Gold

Going to did my wellies out now for my trip to Swadlincote!

Are you going on Saturday or Sunday Mike? I'll be there for a couple of hours on Sunday with my nephew. Would be great to say "hi" if we're there on the same day!

Regards, Neil

• Like 1

Morning Mike, I hadn't realised that you meant you were coming down for out little gathering this weekend, it will be good to see you. Bring some dosh with you as I have loads of S & C / Dent Locos and Stock for sale, (not really). hhahah

• Like 2

Are you going on Saturday or Sunday Mike? I'll be there for a couple of hours on Sunday with my nephew. Would be great to say "hi" if we're there on the same day!

Regards, Neil

Hi Neil,

Sorry mate I have to go tomorrow as my mate John who is coming along is working on Sunday. There will always be anotheran we can meet up at - see what I did there, clever eh! Oh okay maybe not Hahaha

• Like 2

Morning Mike, I hadn't realised that you meant you were coming down for out little gathering this weekend, it will be good to see you. Bring some dosh with you as I have loads of S & C / Dent Locos and Stock for sale, (not really). hhahah

Sorry Andy, bit of a mix-up mate, I'm not going to Swad I'm afraid. I think our next path crossing will be Stafford!

OK, pleased you like it, instructions by email sometime tomorrow.

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for the info, I am not going to try until Saturday night or Sunday as I'm away tomorrow to Wakefield and we play trains tonight so will have some NEW pictures to post in the new awesome format! Cheers mate.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry mate I have to go tomorrow as my mate John who is coming along is working on Sunday. There will always be anotheran we can meet up at

Never mind, looks like I got the wrong end of the stick anyway. I thought you meant Swad.

However, Stafford is my home show, so should see you there!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 1

WOT NO PICS YET?

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

None till tomorrow, I'm cream crackered from standing watching 'Gresley Beat' at Wakefield. It was a pretty good show with a decent level of trade support which I supported in various purchases the best of which was a Bachmann Mk1 1st Class Open from the club shop for only £15.00!!! Bargain.

• Like 3

None till tomorrow, I'm cream crackered from standing watching 'Gresley Beat' at Wakefield. It was a pretty good show with a decent level of trade support which I supported in various purchases the best of which was a Bachmann Mk1 1st Class Open from the club shop for only £15.00!!! Bargain.

And you ONLY BOUGHT ONE? hahhahha

Hi gang,

Following a hectic weekend including a lengthy drive over to Wakefield (exhibition) yesterday and another stint in the den today casting and placing some walling on top of 'Widdale Fell' among other things! I never do one thing at a time.

Forgot to mention, on my little foray to Wakefield I spotted and old Toton colleague of mine - Big Chris as I have always called him. We were paired as fitters together for quite a while and had many a laugh, we were like little & large as he's got to be 6' 6" and I'm a diminutive 5' 5" ! It was really good to catch up if your reading mate.

Anyway, Mick (Donnington Road) kindly instructed me in the black art of picture re-sizing for a clearer photo so here goes......

post-5296-0-39853100-1417383617_thumb.jpg

Ivatt 4MT hauls a lengthy and heavy steel pipe train originating from Ravenscraig in Lanarkshire and destined for the South East.

post-5296-0-49631800-1417383626_thumb.jpg

Here I am having a bit of fun, been using this photo as one of my reference works

post-5296-0-59460300-1417383634_thumb.jpg

And here we have a near copy in model form. Britannia 70025 Western Star on a mixed freight heads north.

post-5296-0-08313400-1417383643_thumb.jpg

XP64 liveried Brush Type 4 hauls a short Freightliner and is held at the signal.

post-5296-0-17809500-1417383653_thumb.jpg

Viewed from the opposite side

post-5296-0-88197300-1417383665_thumb.jpg

8F No. 48739 is charged with a Carlisle-Washwood Heath mixed freight

post-5296-0-38408900-1417383687_thumb.jpg

Both freights, the old and the new about to cross each other

Part 2 to follow....

• Like 16

Its with a great debt of gratitude to Mick (Donnington Road) for the much clearer images, much appreciated Mick.

Your welcome Mike, easy to do now you know :boast:

The photos are much better now than the postage stamp size you were posting before.  One click on a photo and I've got a screen full of S&C, great :sungum:

Edited by Donington Road

Hi Mike, Some much better pics mate, love your scenery mate, the Rock Faces are stunning and some great walling.

Mick is a Genius with computers and has me sorted as well. 

If I could model like you guys then I might be a genius, until then I'm just an ordinary bloke with a little bit of computer knowledge just trying to help out :scratchhead:

• Like 1

If I could model like you guys then I might be a genius, until then I'm just an ordinary bloke with a little bit of computer knowledge just trying to help out :scratchhead:

hahhahahhaha more like a LOT :locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:  

• Like 1

Anyone seen Mike?

Where's Mike gone?

Not seen Mike for a couple of days or more, where is he?

He's not Fell in the Fell has he?

Or had a Dent in his Car maybe?

Or even gone round in circles like a Helix?

So where is he, where's young Mike?

• Like 1

Anyone seen Mike?

Where's Mike gone?

Not seen Mike for a couple of days or more, where is he?

He's not Fell in the Fell has he?

Or had a Dent in his Car maybe?

Or even gone round in circles like a Helix?

So where is he, where's young Mike?

Love that bit and the 'Fell running' reply from Ray.

You have just about covered it, I have been beavering away on the south FELL casting walls then fitting and painting them whilst standing inside the HELIX, but luckily I have not DENTED my car Hahaha

Other things I have been doing is adding some further detail to the station building, in the form of guttering and roofing slates etc.

Also some re-wheeling of yet more stock and getting really pis*ed off with my 2 Hornby and 1 old Airfix 4F's which due to their humongous wheels will not run on Dent, the only difference I find between the makes is the makers name even though they were manufactured about 20 years apart! Looks like I will have to ebay those and get some Bachmann

• Like 2