Well worth the wait for the quiz outcome.

Andy deserves an extra mince pie for coming close and someone deserves to get a new pair of specs for christmas, fancy missing that yuletide log in the station road entrance.

This is my favourite

attachicon.gifpost-5296-0-57616400-1419102867.jpg

Well spotted Mick! It was in the station yard awaiting a path for an out of gauge load!

To get my own back neither you nor anyone else noticed I had fitted the ridge tiles to the station building! All that hard work obliterated at the stroke of a 'pencil' rather than a 'pen'. Well I don't like to be a conformist. Here are a couple of shots showing there is only the drainpipes to add plus a few minor details.

post-5296-0-11807700-1419147494_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-23334900-1419147500_thumb.jpg

Its becoming very delicate to move around now so once its complete I'll be putting it in a drawer for safe keeping Hahaha

• Like 13

Morning Mike, glad to hear you, like young Jeff are busy making walls, the main difference being that yours can be laid at a scale half a mile a day.

O.K. With the sky the darker to the top, look out at the horizon and its almost white irrespective of the weather compared to over head, so the Blue at the top, just have the white ready for a dash of cloud, but I would refrain from using that until the blue has dried, otherwise IT WILL RUN.

I'm not sure of the grey, it may work but in reality I would be using that instead of the blue, to form an overcast sky instead of a bright sunny day.

When layering the top colour, be it the Blue or the Grey, DONT do a solid spray, whisp it about from SIDE TO SIDE as though your conducting an orchestra in light movements so that you don't end up with a solid line where the colour changes. 

I have just show one of mine again as an example of what I mean about NO SOLID LINE between Blue and White.

attachicon.gifClub fields etc 003.JPG

attachicon.gifClub fields etc 013.JPG

attachicon.gifClub fields etc 020.JPG

I hope this helps mate, and I'm looking forward to seeing your results, remember, if you go to low with the Blue, then use the White at the lower part once dry, it may pay to do that in places anyway, I had to.

Hi Andy,

I'm just about to tackle the forbidding sky job, I'm starting with the blue to the top ..............wish me luck. Pic's later!

• Like 1

You'll not be smothering it with talc in the spirit of the season then Mike.

A very merry Christmas and happy new year

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

I don't do Christmas so there will be NO TALC anywhere!

A very merry Christmas and happy new year - to you to!

The people in platform 2 must be waiting for a roof over their heads, no hanky panky in that building just yet :nono:  :beee:  :beee: :beee:  

I'm waiting to order the windows and doors for this and the Station Master's house together to keep the costs down, still need to make the shell for the SMH but may get that done over the break.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Not a lot to report over the weekend and what I do have is not up to much. I had a go at doing some sky but as I said previously I'm no artist' ! Here are the results ...................

post-5296-0-44673200-1419191964.jpg

post-5296-0-10067500-1419191967.jpg

post-5296-0-29690500-1419191969.jpg

post-5296-0-73382800-1419191971.jpg

.........a work in progress - shall we say. Perhaps it was the wrong under arm spray I was using eh! Andy!!!!

Or nearer to the point as my teachers said in ALL my reports 'must try harder'

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mike

You do appear to have mastered that. Perhaps you could give that bodgit bloke some guidance. Have you seen the mismatch on the back scene in some of his latest posts? Was it really he who wrote those magazine articles?

Edited to Add:

The comment here is a light-hearted reference to this post on Andy's Bitton thread. I apologise if my post caused offence before this edit was added.

Edited by Ray H

Thanks guys,

It does look better than I was expecting but I think a little more work is still required, it looks better in the photographs than it actually is but I can tinker with it in good time.

I am surprised, it looks better than I was expecting and has saved me perhaps £100 on photographic backscenes! New controller beckons!

Ray, I hope your'e keeping your head down! 

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Your backscene is looking pretty good to me buddy, I can't even draw match-stick men properly!!!

I like your 'festive' trains too but like Jock says, best hauled by a living breathing, fire snorting machine, wonderful.

All the best for Christmas and a very happy 2015 too,

Festive cheers,

John.

• Like 1

Mike

You do appear to have mastered that. Perhaps you could give that bodgit bloke some guidance. Have you seen the mismatch on the back scene in some of his latest posts? Was it really he who wrote those magazine articles?

Ray, the two Backscenes your referring to on Bitton were done as two separate articles for Railway Modeller, the one on the Left is hand painted and the one on the right done with an Air Brush, there not meant to be joined up, or together, they were just laying there out of harms way when I took the photos.

And yes it was me that did the articles.

• Like 1

I've slightly missed the moment with the snow-related posts but posting this nonetheless:

post-16151-0-76727700-1419277213_thumb.jpg

I tooked this all by myself some 30+ years ago (yikes!). 5690 + 1000 forge up Mallerstang with the 14 coach Cumbrian Mountain Pullman. Still one of my favourite moments on the S&C and a scene unlikely to be repeated.

Merry Xmas and thanks for one of most enjoyable threads on RMWeb.

(PS - new backscene skies look great!)

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 12

I've slightly missed the moment with the snow-related posts but posting this nonetheless:

attachicon.gifS&C_2651.JPG

I tooked this all by myself some 30+ years ago (yikes!) Still one of my favourite moments on the S&C and a scene unlikely to be repeated.

Merry Xmas and thanks for one of most enjoyable threads on RMWeb.

(PS - new backscene skies look great!)

On Boxing Day 1981 we had trip like that behind Sir Lamiel.  We stopped at Appleby for the kids to see Father Christmas in the waitng room.  I went up front to the engine which was blowing off and we all got showered in minature icicles as the steam froze and came back down, bu**er, I have never known it that cold before.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 5

Hi all,

I don't know what to say! All those 'positive waves' flowing in makes me feel like 'Oddball' in Kelly's Heroes (we'll leave that there shall we!) Seriously I am quite pleased at the outcome but I think I overdone it at the North end with a bit of a brooding sky there. Those tins don't go far so I was spreading it out on the other 4 boards as I had no more to finish it, so in all honesty the result is probably due to poor quantity control! haha

Thanks a lot guys, Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year. Keep looking though as I will be beavering away on something most days while off work.

Agreed, they are good, he must have been a sober artist :jester:

Hi Mick,

A sober artist! I'm a sober everything cos' I don't drink! BUT I will manage a glass of white wine over Christmas dinner and a Malt Whisky at New Year, just to be sociable you understand and nothing to do with being happy!

Best wishes for Christmas and New Year and many thanks for your input, help and direction over the past year, really appreciated.

• Like 5

Hi Mick,

A sober artist! I'm a sober everything cos' I don't drink! BUT I will manage a glass of white wine over Christmas dinner and a Malt Whisky at New Year, just to be sociable you understand and nothing to do with being happy!

Best wishes for Christmas and New Year and many thanks for your input, help and direction over the past year, really appreciated.

You're welcome Mike.

The larger photos (when you remember!) have really brought Dent to life in my opinion.  In fact, you could even even try 1500 instead 1200 and see what those look like.

Seasons greetings to you, take it easy on the plonk and remember pigs in blankets Bitton style are great for christmas dinner. christmas_smiley4.gif

• Like 4