westerhamstation

Westerhamstation

Fantastic piece of modelling, all the colours and tones, are all bought together in perfect harmony.Which reminds me I must go out and check that plant, japanese garden (sounds posh but theres just a LOT of bamboo, a few small plants 10 years a go have all gone potty) here I come, to imitate those lovely trees. (some people might consider the garden centre as those as dead seed heads

edit= oops left mine a bit late, a lot of the seeds are gone...and new growth is appearing, still managed to crop a number. Will go back and read your carefully . :sungum:

Edited by Jaz

Hi Ron, yet another picture from a different angle that I havn't seen, it's going to be useful because I need to model that little hut on the right, also the loading gauge is going to be a scratch built item as well, so thanks for that all the best Adrian

Interesting that, on the last day, there's still a wagon in the yard. I'm not aware of a goods train running on the last day so I wonder when it was picked up. Or did they abandon the wagon there to be used for coal storage?

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that, on the last day, there's still a wagon in the yard. I'm not aware of a goods train running on the last day so I wonder when it was picked up. Or did they abandon the wagon there to be used for coal storage?

Hi Ron, do you or anyone else know if there was ever a coal office as such, or was that low level structure behind the railings at the entrance to the goods yard it. Another picture of the goods yard throat by D Nolan taken on the the last day shows two coal wagons in the yard.

post-17489-0-86616800-1394799724_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think this is the first time I have come across this layout and I have to say your modelling skills are superb.

The detail of your loading dock you have just created is amazing. One minute there are coffee stirrers on glue, the next minutes they have been transformed into aged wooden planks that look like they have been there for years!

If you get chance to provide details of how you are creating these masterpieces, then I would love to learn.

Also could you tell me what you have used for the trees too? They look very realistic.

Regards

Dave

Edited by Rammy

• RMweb Gold

I think this is the first time I have come across this layout and I have to say your modelling skills are superb.

The detail of your loading dock you have just created is amazing. One minute there are coffee stirrers on glue, the next minutes they have been transformed into aged wooden planks that look like they have been there for years!

If you get chance to provide details of how you are creating these masterpieces, then I would love to learn.

Also could you tell me what you have used for the trees too? They look very realistic.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your kind words about my layout, the details for the trees and bushes are on these pages (page 15 post 372 and page 18 post 429 give more detail).

The loading dock timbers were just given a wash of very watered down poster colour, mainly white and a touch of burnt umber and black. The detail of all my bits and pieces are in the various posts, the majority of materials that I use are  from what I can adapt from some other use and it saves money aswell, thanks for looking regards Adrian.

Hi Dave, thanks for your kind words about my layout, the details for the trees and bushes are on these pages (page 15 post 372 and page 18 post 429 give more detail).

The loading dock timbers were just given a wash of very watered down poster colour, mainly white and a touch of burnt umber and black. The detail of all my bits and pieces are in the various posts, the majority of materials that I use are  from what I can adapt from some other use and it saves money aswell, thanks for looking regards Adrian.

Thanks for the info Adrian. Settling down now with a cuppa and reading through the whole thread.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The 4.50pm Dunton Green to Westerham at Brasted with class 'H'

Great photo, superb modelling, BUT...

Lamps, man, lamps! :nono:

(I just know you're going to find a photo of mine without any...)

:D

• RMweb Gold

Relax, old chap  ......    the Fireman has just gone to refill them   ........     It's Ok, he will be back shortly and then they can be on their way  ....     :senile:  ....  :angel:  :angel:

You can't have lamps yet, I havn't built the lamp hut. :scratchhead: 

• RMweb Gold

Relax, old chap  ......    the Fireman has just gone to refill them   ........     It's Ok, he will be back shortly and then they can be on their way  ....     :senile:  ....  :angel:  :angel:

Ah, of course, so he has...

I think I'll go and have a lie down now....

Nurse!, nurse! I want my nice jacket...      where's my nice jacket?

The one with the straps on the sleeves...

:crazy: :tease:

Oh dear that's bad news for the Fireman  ............

You can't have lamps yet, I havn't built the lamp hut.

..................   that means he will have to exit Layout at the gate and get some paraffin from the local Hardware Shop, off scene  ......................   he could be a while, as I haven't seen his bike recently   ...........    and much worse...... :O

.............   doesn't that take him past the local Pub  ..  [remember them??  ..  :drag: ]

• RMweb Gold

If you want to get the coaches to be a little more friendly with each other, mainly eliminating the gap between corridor connectors, I recommend use of a pair of Kadee #18 couplings, which will clip straight in.

• RMweb Gold

What's harder to get than rocking horse poo, answer SR Swan Neck lamp posts.

So the possible solution may to be to have a try at making some myself (non working). The lamp post will be made out of two sizes of poly tube left over from the point operation, the barley twist will use florist wire, swan neck will be a paper clip, and a raid on Mrs W & B stations earing box may provide the lamp, we shall see (i hope she doesn't). any way here is progress so far, the first pic is what I am attempting to make.

post-17489-0-16917300-1395068561.jpg

post-17489-0-46651900-1395068586_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-12791800-1395068601_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-92808600-1395068613_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-32187700-1395068632_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-62413400-1395068647_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-55731200-1395068661_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-84068900-1395068679_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-03379500-1395068694_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-20423800-1395068711_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What's harder to get than rocking horse poo, answer SR Swan Neck lamp posts.

So the possible solution may to be to have a try at making some myself (non working). The lamp post will be made out of two sizes of poly tube left over from the point operation, the barley twist will use florist wire, swan neck will be a paper clip, and a raid on Mrs W & B stations earing box may provide the lamp, we shall see (i hope she doesn't). any way here is progress so far, the first pic is what I am attempting to make.

Superb bit of work Adrian, absolutely brilliant.

Love the use of the "poor man's lathe" ;)

Al.