JBM37404

Haha I think it was held on my wall by double sided tape so Velcro is a step up

Its not a great fix velcro tape as it barely takes the weight of the backscene boards and if it does they lean back on angle! I need to put some time into fixing them properly and less time on the stock...Have had great fun weathering the Buxton 37 though which has given me an appetite.

• 1 month later...

Some more shots, not the greatest pics (not a great photographer by any means) but I have a light inside the drivers mess hut, if you look closely you may see the pool table and interesting wall pictures...!

Last one shows a bit of 47194 which is waiting weathering and hiding its full self until that is done..!

Overhead wires is firmly on the agenda now as my confidence has risen!

post-6392-0-87347600-1370040195_thumb.jpg

post-6392-0-45293600-1370040203_thumb.jpg

post-6392-0-86850300-1370040209_thumb.jpg

Some more lights have arrived in the post this morning so I will assemble them later as I have a free evening (although why it does not involve lots of ale and Metal I dont know...!)

I really like layouts with almost hidden detail. Makes you look again.

Looking great, david

Thanks, if you look closely on 47194 I have 'rebuilt' the buffer beam at one end were it was cut away and the other end retains a cut away one as per the engine which had a rebuilt cab at one end.

Work commenced on OHLE last night, first dropper soldered to guitar string, as Cavan has so helpfully explained guitar wire really does solder well....

Also gave in to temptation and have an 85 in the fleet now!! What a model, with a bit of detailing and weathering it could be the layout favourite.

Nice to hear the OHLE is underway. I think you will find it quite theraputic to do. Nice choice on the 85. I have a fully detailed weathered and sound fitted one I might have been convinced to part with haha.

Cav

Nice to hear the OHLE is underway. I think you will find it quite theraputic to do. Nice choice on the 85. I have a fully detailed weathered and sound fitted one I might have been convinced to part with haha.

Cav

Cav,

Sound will happen also one day! currently sorting a mortage out with all the stress and costs that go with it so the 85 is the last spend for a bit. Incidently have you modded the pan on the Bachmann 85 to suit the overheads as you made them or does it run out of the box so as to speak?

John

The spring tension is perfect and runs a treat but you do need to do the pan head mod as the way Bachmann have done the mechanics is all wrong and actually tilts the pan the opposite way to how it should. I can do you a how to if you like.

Cav

The spring tension is perfect and runs a treat but you do need to do the pan head mod as the way Bachmann have done the mechanics is all wrong and actually tilts the pan the opposite way to how it should. I can do you a how to if you like.

Cav

That would be great, I thought it looked odd that would be why!

John,

Finally got round to reading your thread!, Locos and layout looking fantastic, shall keep my eye on it, but I'm sure you'll keep me posted!

Hope to see you soon, and keep up the cracking work! :)

Regards,

Cameron

As I have made some wire with guitar string and layout wire I tried it with the Dapol masts as I don't have all the bits yet for the scratch build yet (Wigan show this weekend should sort that). Verdict on the Dapol masts is they look good but are hopeless!

John

Been there discovered that! Looking forward to seeing some knitting going up soon!

Cav

It makes handy for a template though. Very much a chocolate fire guard

and I do wonder how Dapol got on in the development process with wires for it.

post-6392-0-12227600-1371463239_thumb.jpg

Quick camera phone pic of a mast (Not finished) Chose to start making one last night and failed miserably, 20 mins work this morning produced this, needs a clean up but am fairly pleased with it.

• 1 month later...

Are you tensioning by spring as that should allow for changes in temp.

Cav

Yep spring at one end. Could do with finding some Guitar wire that is longer than what I am using which is Ernie Ball 1010 on the pack.

Archived