Model Rail Scotland 2013

davefrk

Hi all, just to let people know. The annual Model Rail Scotland exhibition website is here - http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/index.html Hopefully the link works, it is a new site still under construction due to ... well we won't go into that here.

The exhibition is chock full of interesting railways from Z to Gauge 1 with (my own interests) 4 EM and one P4 layout. Hopefully this exhibition will be as successful and enjoyable as previous ones.

Oh, and 'Alloa' will be making a welcome return with new stock and more practiced operators. Yeah right....

Will post more details soon.

Dave Franks

First outing of the year for Meopham East Junction. I pray it's not snowing on the A66 this time or it's a long diversion AGAIN via the M62!

Sorry Judge, but the long range forecast is for snow on Stainmore.... :O :o :O

Dave Franks

Oooooo, er..... which Stainmore though?!

Stainmore (EM) will be travelling via Stainmore......

If it gets stuck at the top they could assemble the layout there to entertain fellow motorists. Could be a first - a model of a location in the middle of nowhere exhibited at the exact spot it depicts.

Hi all, just to let people know. The annual Model Rail Scotland exhibition website is here - http://www.modelrail...o.uk/index.html Hopefully the link works, it is a new site still under construction due to ... well we won't go into that here.

The exhibition is chock full of interesting railways from Z to Gauge 1 with (my own interests) 4 EM and one P4 layout. Hopefully this exhibition will be as successful and enjoyable as previous ones.

Oh, and 'Alloa' will be making a welcome return with new stock and more practiced operators. Yeah right....

Will post more details soon.

Dave Franks

....So we have about 9 weeks to practice then...in yer dreams!..and while we are on about operators..I trust you will be available and up to scratch!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick bump to remind everyone that it is only 6 weeks until Model Rail Scotland 2013.

Don't know if Dave Franks will be up to speed by that time though.

Jim

Hi Jim, I'll be up to speed, don't know about all the others...... :locomotive:

Next club night will be interesting now.... :jester:

Hi Guys.

Hey, what's this in ma coffee. :O       :angel:  :angel: :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  

Dave Franks.

Guest Natalie Graham

Hi all, just to let people know. The annual Model Rail Scotland exhibition website is here - http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/index.html Hopefully the link works, it is a new site still under construction due to ... well we won't go into that here.

Is it just me or is the is the site not working properly? When I click on the links for the exhibitors I still get the big white panel with the index and sponsors on over the top of the list, obscuring (I presume) a significant part of it.

Hi Natalie, I can't see a problem with the site. If I click on to the links, the white panel remains at the left of the page but doesn't seem to obscure any of the information being displayed. Hasthis just happened to you today or has it been ongoing for a while?

Your prolific build rate is explained at last. Probably got Hawkwind on in the workshop too!

What prolific build rate? I haven't finished anything for myself in ages, been making buffers for all you lot over the past  3 years. So there!

Dave Franks.

And it's not Hawkwind on, it's Jo Bonamassa's Sloe Gin just finishing. :sungum:

Just three N gauge modern image layouts, and still no DCC

Looks like I won't be going again

I've not been to TINGS for three years now, so most likely to be attending that instead

Three "contemporary", one "modern image" and one undefined as "UK". So maybe 50% of the N gauge is "modern" and loads of modelling in other scales to enjoy. None of the exhibiting layouts are defined as DC or DCC so I'm not sure what you mean by "no DCC"?

Regards,

Stewart

Just three N gauge modern image layouts, and still no DCC

Looks like I won't be going again

I've not been to TINGS for three years now, so most likely to be attending that instead

And other people might say not enough T, 2mm, TT, OO, EM, P4, S, S7, O, 1, (delete as appropiate) .

You can't please all the people etc. etc.

Dave.

What prolific build rate? I haven't finished anything for myself in ages, been making buffers for all you lot over the past  3 years. So there!

Dave Franks.

Hawkwind and Jo Bonamassa, and modeling? do not try playing the air drums with the soldering iron, it is not a good idea, found out by experience!

see you in six weeks

Gary

Hi Jim, I'll be up to speed, don't know about all the others...... :locomotive:

Next club night will be interesting now.... :jester:

Hi Guys.

Hey, what's this in ma coffee. :O       :angel:  :angel: :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  

Dave Franks.

Is that why you didn't turn up then?????

Dave Franks.

And cracking buffers they are too Dave! keep 'em coming! :boast:

Guest Max Stafford

Keep up the good work Dave. I could use a couple of those funny cranked vac pipes for the D11/2 when you get a minute!

And thanks for all the useful stuff you've done already!

Dave.

Keep up the good work Dave. I could use a couple of those funny cranked vac pipes for the D11/2 when you get a minute!

And thanks for all the useful stuff you've done already!

Dave.

No Dave, thankyou for the encouragement. I'm going to be doing some more types of vac pipes to suit some locos so we'll see.

See ya a Glasgow. (I've still got a coach for you if you're still interested.)

Dave Franks.

ScRSG wrote,

Is that why you didn't turn up then?????

Did you miss me, awe that's nice.

I was going to be there later but I was in shock after signing up for a new kitchen, I'm still shaking yet. :scared:  :O  :dontknow:  :superstition:

I'll tell you all about it on Monday.

Archived