Model Rail Scotland 2013

davefrk

Guest Natalie Graham

Just looking down the list of layouts it is disappointing that once again they are almost all post-nationalisation layouts. I don't know whether it is the organisers who are not inviting them or the modellers who aren't building them but it would be nice to see some pre-BR and preferably pre-grouping layouts to add a bit of variety.

I have assumed The Circle Line was not UK, so those are the 3 modern image N gauge layouts I would be attending to view

Sadly I have seen them before

However, I have arranged for Shawplan to bring this order with them again, for me to collect

I may also be able to pickup some N gauge stock (last time the range was very limited)

Our new club n gauge layout - Glenburn - making its debut at the SECC - will run as steam and green diesel on Friday and Saturday but will run as modern image on Sunday so that would be new layout that you will not have seen but I don't know what day you will be there. Max Fowler

Our new club n gauge layout - Glenburn - making its debut at the SECC - will run as steam and green diesel on Friday and Saturday but will run as modern image on Sunday so that would be new layout that you will not have seen but I don't know what day you will be there. Max Fowler

I am attending on the Friday, my order from Shawplan has now been confirmed as ready

Don't get me wrong as it is N gauge I will be spending some time viewing

I am trying to avoid OO gauge as I had this in the past and don't want to be tempted...

Hi All

The Hardy lads from Wexford Ireland are getting ready for a long Day on Friday a 4am start

to drive to Dublin Airport then to Prestwick and onwards to show returning that evening

arriving home approx 1am Sat

Looking foreward to meeting some old friends and hopefully new ones

David Wexford

• Administrators

Hi all,

BRM will be running a great subscription offer at Model Rail Scotland this weekend.

FREE Bachmann 4MT locomotive worth £99.95 (which you take away with you at the show) when you take out a 2-year subscription to BRM (£90 which needs to be paid up front). We only have 40 locomotives left, so this will be on a first come, first served basis!

Visit the BRM stand to take advantage of this great offer!

Steve

Crated and ready to go. Tullygarth (a new layout....first outing) will be running BR 85-93 through the Scottish Hills, all sound and fury. Guest drivers aplenty, including some who know how the real things works (in theory), coming in from Lisbon, Zurich, DRS Gresty Lane and elsewhere. See you there. Come and talk to us, we are (normally) friendly!  Si

Crated and ready to go. Tullygarth (a new layout....first outing) will be running BR 85-93 through the Scottish Hills, all sound and fury. Guest drivers aplenty, including some who know how the real things works (in theory), coming in from Lisbon, Zurich, DRS Gresty Lane and elsewhere. See you there. Come and talk to us, we are (normally) friendly!  Si

Hi,

Good luck with the new layout - saw it at the really early stage! Did you say 'friendly' :O  :O !

Bill.

Good grief, so soon? I'll have to stop showering and start packing the rucksack.

You will need to find some 20 years out of date attire and get your flask and sarnies done by tour Mam (who you still live with) while your at it........  :no:

Hi,

Good luck with the new layout - saw it at the really early stage! Did you say 'friendly' :O  :O !

Bill.

Probably NOT for the first hour!!!

Hi everyone,

Rannoch is now finished! Is a layout ever? Stock packed, layout will be going in its frames soon ready for loading tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you all there and please come by and say hello!

Si - Tullygarth looks good will need to come and have a look at that.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Rannoch is now finished! Is a layout ever? Stock packed, layout will be going in its frames soon ready for loading tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you all there and please come by and say hello!

Si - Tullygarth looks good will need to come and have a look at that.

Thanks

Mark

I've followed your build here since the first post. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Does anyone know if this year's exhibition is in two halls like last year or has it reverted back to one hall? There is no floor plan on the website like last year and there is no mention of one or two halls, even the SECC website doesn't mention either.

Looking forward to the show as always and will be making the pilgrimage from the North East with 30+ members from the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society.

Best wishes to Ian and the team and I hope everything goes smoothly (I know it won't but here's hoping).

Regards

Chris

Guest 40-something

EKMRCs Annan Road is all set up and ready to go.  Situated between the Bachmann and Hornby stands.

Looking forward to a good show, drop by and say 'hi'!

Home again after a there and back run - certainly as good as usual, and had fun running Florida City for half an hour under supervision - by heck, his son has shot up like a weed!

My turn tomorrow afternoon then. And lots of EM to look at this year too. See you tomorrow folks

Archived