Bristol O gauge Show - 20 January 2013

cromptonnut

Hi Brian,

Not 100% certain I can make it, but any chance you could find room for your JLTRT 33?

Thanks, Rich

Hi Brian,

Looking less likley I will make it to the show. It may be best to leave your 33 at home!! Thanks anyway,

Rich.

Just spoke to the organiser to confirm we are still on the list !!!

Not sure who you spoke to but whoever it was he was definitely confused as I'll be setting up on the Saturday !!! :-)

Am working in the evenings like a loony at the moment trying to finish off Severnside in time so nearly fell off my seat when I saw that !

See you all there :-)

Cheers,

Andy

That's news to me !!!!!! I have the van booked up and ready !   Who exactly did you talk to ?

Cheers,

Andy

Rob Savage (the "evening contact" listed on the website).  He wasn't quite sure which one it was that had pulled out because it had been sold apparently - so I read the list of layouts off the website and he said that was the one.  I guess he had got it confused with someone else.  Will look forward to seeing you there then :)

Had a quick search to remind myself which one was Courtover Town and being a fellow "modern modeller" it's most definitely on my "visit list".

No worries, it's just by then my Heljan 33's sound chip should be back with me and installed, and it would have been nice to have given it a blast on something bigger than the 8ft I currently have for it to run on.  It's still unnumbered and unweathered as I wanted to get the sound chip in first before progressing on with that.

Is there a (correct?/up to date) list of the layouts attending anywhere? - assuming the website is incorrect (from comments above) and there have been more recent additions? - could someone from the Bristol show post the latest situation on here?

Cromptonnut the Buzz range is Kits, Bits and Accessories. I have a small range of modern wagon kits at the moment but I am getting some new kits on the way. I have had a bad year in 2012 but I hope 2013 is looking better. When it comes to the website I have kicked my webmaster into life and hoping to change the content to show the Buzz Range. If you are coming to Bristol come and say hi.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the weather is not as bad as is forecast for South East Wales. I will be there. I will be the one in the red WRU base ball cap.

I will be going to see Rob on the Laser craft stand to see about the signal box for Ranelagh. Dropping lightning off to Fred Welsh Wizard Lewis for a re weather. Nice and dirty this time and just having a good look round so see you all there. Hopefully!!!!

Certainly a bit concerned about the weather at the moment, not only about getting myself there but whether half the traders/exhibitors won't be able to make it either.

I know we can't say for sure what the weather is going to do, the forecast seems to be changing by the hour, but as much as I'd love to get there the thought of being stuck in the snow for hours (or even worse getting to the Travelodge and not being able to get there the next morning) does not fill me with excitement at the moment.

just been on the BOGG web site. they say they are definitely open on Sunday even if it snows. Still looking out the window at the moment it looks bleak on this side of the water. I too am slightly worried about traders exhibitors making it to the show as I suspect a lot will be travelling down tomorrow. I'm going to keep a check on there web site before I venture out Sunday morning.

As always, the motorways will probably be fine but it'll be the small roads from the motorway to the venue that are the problem - hopefully the council will be aware there's an event on and at least give the roads a token gritting.

Will have to decide in the morning whether to risk it or not based on the information available to us - will hope to get there if I can.

Andrew, can you give us a bit more detail about the Buzz Models range?  I'm not quite sure what you do by looking at the website, you have one picture of a wagon but four showing in the gallery for example.

Buzz kits.

FNA Resin Body with white metal bogies TBC

HAA Resin body white metal underframe £49

MHA Resin body white metal underframe £35

MEA Resin body white metal underframe £40

MFA Resin body white metal underframe £35

FFA/FGA White metal body brass underframe £70

IWA Resin body white metal bogies TBC

• RMweb Gold

As always, the motorways will probably be fine but it'll be the small roads from the motorway to the venue that are the problem - hopefully the council will be aware there's an event on and at least give the roads a token gritting.

Will have to decide in the morning whether to risk it or not based on the information available to us - will hope to get there if I can.

The venue is about a mile from the M32 (junction 1) on the A4174, which is a major dual carriageway. I've just driven on it now and it's fine!

Neil

The weather/roads have been changing every 5 minutes so I think I'll have to "Leeroy"* it unless it really does look dreadful.

Particularly looking forward to staying at what has been termed "the most windswept and desolate Travelodge in the UK" though...

* If you play World of Warcraft, you will understand.  If you don't, you probably never will.

Archived