Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling a traditional parcels train

Where's the parcels train in that picture, Porcy?

Bu**er!   Wrong thread! Trying to work with no mouse, ailing pc and tiny screen. (Well that my excuse and I'm sticking to it...)

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways. Better post it in the right thread.

Nice pic though, and there could be some parcels in the BSK. There might even be a PostOffice van on the overbridge. ;)

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think the last of the 42' vans went in 1977, whilst the BR Standard CCT lasted a year or two more.

I photographed a Curzon St - Worcester parcels consisting of a Rat with a single CCT at Barnt Green late 1982 / early 1983. Most of the ones after that seem to have been deparmentals.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I photographed a Curzon St - Worcester parcels consisting of a Rat with a single CCT at Barnt Green late 1982 / early 1983. Most of the ones after that seem to have been deparmentals.

Hi SE

That'll be 3V01

In the late 60s arrived at Worcester at about 06.45 on a Sat AM

At its most ridiculous D373 was on a single 12t van!

Cheers

Phil

Hi SE

That'll be 3V01

In the late 60s arrived at Worcester at about 06.45 on a Sat AM

At its most ridiculous D373 was on a single 12t van!

Cheers

Phil

Presumably conveying that mail-order traffic from Worcester (was it Kays or GUS?) that didn't go to destinations served directly from Worcester; there used to be a similar working from Banbury to Coventry for Kaleidoscope.

• RMweb Gold

Presumably conveying that mail-order traffic from Worcester (was it Kays or GUS?) that didn't go to destinations served directly from Worcester; there used to be a similar working from Banbury to Coventry for Kaleidoscope.

Mail order traffic from Worcester was regularly despatched in Vanfits in the late 1960s - they were a common cause of the 19.53 Kidderminster - Paddington running late.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kays from Worcester!

Cheers

Phil

No mention or shots of PCVs yet, or do they fall out of the 'traditional' category? Same with all red and RES parcels/mail sets of the 90s and the OP mentions this thread to cover the 60s to the 90s. (admittedly my works computer won't let me see all the pictures which is where I've gone through most of this thread so I apologise if I've missed them)

So does anyone have any good bright 90s images they'd like to share with the class?! ;)