Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

im afraid i have just ripped up the layout mate.i have had enough of things going wrong so this is the last you will see of glebe road junction.

Unfortunently, this is what is left of the tunnel area near the turners depot... :(

Please don't shut down the account :(

EDIT: For some reason the link will not play when posted on this particular post so see below

Edited by Swifty11

To all

Yes this is the end of glebe road junction as i got so frustrated with it i have totally destroyed it with a hammer.

I am gutted and very angry with myself as a lot of time and hard work went in to building this layout.

I may re visit the loft in the future and see if i can salvage anything from the layout and maybe rebuild but for now

It is finished with.if anyone would like to buy any of my locos or buildings just give me a shout.

I will also be leaving the euro partnership so would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all the members and

Thanks for letting me join.

I will be closing down my youtube account as well as my rmweb account.

So good luck to you all.

Terry

To all

Yes this is the end of glebe road junction as i got so frustrated with it i have totally destroyed it with a hammer.

I am gutted and very angry with myself as a lot of time and hard work went in to building this layout.

I may re visit the loft in the future and see if i can salvage anything from the layout and maybe rebuild but for now

It is finished with.if anyone would like to buy any of my locos or buildings just give me a shout.

I will also be leaving the euro partnership so would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all the members and

Thanks for letting me join.

I will be closing down my youtube account as well as my rmweb account.

So good luck to you all.

Terry

I understand then, but please keep the rmweb and YouTube as it will be a shame to see you go and also then you can still comment on stuff and it would be nice still to chat to you?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bloody hell mate, what went wrong? We all have frustrating days (maybe not to hammer level) but sometimes it is best to just take a break for a while and come back to whatever was annoying later in a different frame of mind. If you give up then you may well live to regret it so why not keep a few favourites, downsize slightly (e.g. Double track, couple of sidings, etc) and just get back to running a few trains round for a bit before thinking about where you want the layout to go. A clean slate may be just what you need, try something different, concentrate on what you like (e.g. Forget third rail if it does your nut in) and get the love back.

Your modelling Is coming on in leaps and bounds, especially scratchbuilding.

Give steam a go, it's much more interesting :D

From what I have read on the Youtube site, it is little wonder Terry is doing what he's doing. Such a tragedy puts railway modelling in perspective. Even though, in my opinion, it's the best hobby, it is after all, just a hobby. Very sorry to see you leaving, as you were up there with the best of them for modelling skill and fantastic, inspiring videos. My condolences to you and your family.

Dave K

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss Terry, my thoughts and condolences are with you and your family. 

Just looked on your Youtube account, there are some seriously messed up people out there. My advice? They won't stop because they are just idiots, so I would just delete the videos and account so that they don't have an opportunity to write such hurtful comments. It'll be a shame for your videos to go, but you don't need to be dealing with the likes of that at the moment.

• Like 4

Again I would like to add my condolences and I hope you are feeling ok after what the idiots wrote on your video. I know that this gets said a lot but just ignore them! They are selfish d*** heads who have no brain or self respect.

Edited by Swifty11

Hi all

Just want to say thanks to every one for leaving nice messages and i appreciate very much.i have now deleted the video from youtube as some ###### (Boris) was 

leaving very nasty comments about my dead daughter and cannot believe some people can be that horrible.

It is also nice to know that there are some decent people out there who care such as yourselves so want to say a big thank you to you all.

Anyway i will remain on rmweb to see how you are all getting on and for a chat and maybe just maybe it may help me get back into the hobby at a later date 

once i have got everything else back to into order.

regards

terry

• Like 5

Hi all

Just want to say thanks to every one for leaving nice messages and i appreciate very much.i have now deleted the video from youtube as some ###### (Boris) was

leaving very nasty comments about my dead daughter and cannot believe some people can be that horrible.

It is also nice to know that there are some decent people out there who care such as yourselves so want to say a big thank you to you all.

Anyway i will remain on rmweb to see how you are all getting on and for a chat and maybe just maybe it may help me get back into the hobby at a later date

once i have got everything else back to into order.

regards

terry

I have removed the link from my last post. I've posted a new video of an exhibit i went to today Terry, i will send you a PM with a link Edited by Swifty11

I'm so sorry to hear about your Daughter  :( 

Youtube is sadly filled with complete b*stards who can post some rather vile comments because they know they can get away with it. They should consider tightening up the rules so there will be consequences for those who do this horrible thing. 

Give the hobby a break, after some time you might want to rebuild Glebe Road Junction :) 

I'm so sorry to hear about your Daughter  :( 

Youtube is sadly filled with complete b*stards who can post some rather vile comments because they know they can get away with it. They should consider tightening up the rules so there will be consequences for those who do this horrible thing. 

Give the hobby a break, after some time you might want to rebuild Glebe Road Junction :) 

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

Terry I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Its very sad news indeed.

I can not beleive someone would post such vial and disrespectful comments as that person did under your video. Its horrible to think how sick and twisted some people can be.