Alcanman

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

I've finally tracked down a reasonably priced Bachmann Seacow on ebay, so now I can match my earlier prototype pic with 3 ballast hoppers. :no:

post-7898-0-80679900-1369502078_thumb.jpg

A little earlier, the driver of  25276 had just finished his lunch, and judging by the colour of his face, must have eaten a 1980s British Rail pie!

post-7898-0-59810000-1369502326_thumb.jpg

Mal

Good stuff, Mal!

You know the other day I dreamed of BR Blue and Yellow big GE locos hauling Double-Stacks - must have been the Abbott's I had drunk!

Now, there's an idea........

Best, Pete.

Thanks Pete. It's nice to know that you can get some decent ale in Gotham City.

Sorry, I can't quite manage to fulfil your dream, but how about a nice BR Blue and Yellow EE loco.

post-7898-0-79773000-1369653864_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-13123900-1369653891_thumb.jpg

A few days later 37408 turned up at Glasgow QS looking a tad grubbier!

post-7898-0-47547600-1369653986_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-78508800-1369654004_thumb.jpg

Mal

Thanks Pete. It's nice to know that you can get some decent ale in Gotham City.

Sorry, I can't quite manage to fulfil your dream, but how about a nice BR Blue and Yellow EE loco.

attachicon.gif37408 at Sprinburn 002.JPG

attachicon.gif37408 at Springurn 2 003.JPG

A few days later 37408 turned up at Glasgow QS looking a tad grubbier!

attachicon.gif37408 at Glasgow QS.jpg

attachicon.gif37408 at Glasgow QS (2).jpg

Mal

Just love those pic's of 408 at Glasgow!

That's what it's all about...

Thanks.

37408 'Loch Rannoch' is a replacement for Railfreight 37693 which has returned to South Wales (my brother's loft layout). I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that 37408, which was of the original Bachmann 37/4s, was fitted with an 8 pin dcc socket. :blush_mini:

Unlike many RMwebbers who seem to be able to fill their TMD layouts with dozens of locos, Springburn Yard has an acute motive power shortage, so 37408 is welcome addition.

Hopefully, more locos will be coming along in the near future.

Meantime, 25276 continues to provide regular power on ballast trains.

post-7898-0-41650200-1369840809_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-93697700-1369840837_thumb.jpg

Mal

Thanks.

37408 'Loch Rannoch' is a replacement for Railfreight 37693 which has returned to South Wales (my brother's loft layout). I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that 37408, which was of the original Bachmann 37/4s, was fitted with an 8 pin dcc socket. :blush_mini:

Unlike many RMwebbers who seem to be able to fill their TMD layouts with dozens of locos, Springburn Yard has an acute motive power shortage, so 37408 is welcome addition.

Hopefully, more locos will be coming along in the near future.

Meantime, 25276 continues to provide regular power on ballast trains.

attachicon.gifEngineers ballast train at Springburn Yard.jpg

attachicon.gifEngineers ballast train at Springurn Yard (2).jpg

Mal

Since I have started fitting sound chips to my locos the number I have is much reduced, it's not only the money but some how I don't need as many, they're more like assets that have to work for a living rather than all the Lima boxes I used to have. Perhaps it's because they can stay in view on the layout longer too, even when standing there they are entertaining with their tickover and random noises

Steve

• 2 months later...

At long last Springburn Yard has a new loco!

20128 has arrived and is fitted with superb 'Legomanbiffo' custom sound. The factory weathering isn't too bad either, just needs the bogies weathering and details added.

post-7898-0-25938800-1375269196_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-31577100-1375269224_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of real Scottish 20s at Motherwell on 11th Sept 1982. Note the unusual light grey roof on 20122.

post-7898-0-19899200-1375269519_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-41609400-1375269550_thumb.jpg

Mal

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent Mal,

But it might need a few more palm trees for my liking :)   

I love the whole feel of it, I'm sitting here in Orlando trying to come up with a new idea and i think this could be it.. for Florida not Glasgow that is....

Keep up the brilliant work and keep posting the videos 

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm so envious that you're out there in the Sunshine State.

Funnily enough, I'm also trying to think up new ideas for a layout and one of them is similar to your 'Alaska/Florida City'. Moving Springburn Yard a few thousand miles away!

North Haston is inspirational has also given me some ideas too.

cheers,

Mal

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mal, just had a read through and this looks really good, I have seen what was Ting tong several times and I still can't get that name out of my head, ahhaaaa.

You plan looks superb and some really good scenic treatments.

Well done. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Andy :sungum:

• 3 months later...

Great news!

Springburn Yard has been allocated it's own yard shunter. Today 08661 arrived

As there is no run around at Springburn, 08661 will enable train locos to be released assisting train reversals.

attachicon.gif08661 at Springburn Yard 001.JPG

As has been well documented on RMWeb, the Hornby 08 has superb detailing and smooth operation at low speeds, perfect for shunting. If fact, at step 1 (of 128) movement is barely noticable.

However, I did have some doubts regarding the factory fitted sound after reading comments in 'DCC Sound'. I have to agree that the sound doesn't match the performance of the loco.

The sound is pre-set at maximum and is rather raucous to say the least. I've turned the volume down to less that half which seems to make the sound 'cleaner'.

I'm afraid sound has become rather addictive, so no more silent diesels for me. However I do I prefer operating only 1, or max 2 sound locos on the layout otherwise it becomes a cacophony of sound.

attachicon.gif08661 shunting Springburn Yard 007.JPG

attachicon.gif08661 shunting Springburn Yard 005.JPG

Mal

I have this loco (the Hornby dcc sound one) and am a bit worried about its accuracy as it has round buffers arent the buffers supposed to be oval? also theres 3 rear lights and not two as shown on a picture of the real train. Can someone confirm what ive said is true, cheers.

• 11 months later...

I remember seeing this layout a few months ago ,being impressed, and reading all the posts.

It must have disappeared for a while,(or I've missed it!)so today I've enjoyed re-reading the four pages and catching up.

Nice work weathering the locos. Also interesting to hear how you've become addicted to sound fitted locos. I'm cautious about bringing anything too complicated into my modelling, but I've been impressed by what I've seen - and heard - at exhibitions.

The photo backscene of the factory buildings also fits the layout perfectly and looks really good.

Cheers

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived