Ideas for Dave and his team.....

mark alden

What is wrong with the current Dapol terrier?

One problem is that it has nothing to go with it - the subject of another thread very recently. If the research were done for some Stroudley 4 wheeled coaches, then it could be used in 2mm, 4mm and 7mm to go with the trainless Terriers in each of those scales.

Just a thought.

Best wishes

Eric

joining in with the wish list:N gauge LMS Jubilee, Ivatt tank, Duchess / streamlined duchessI'd still love an LMS Garrett and an ex L&Y pug.

What's wrong with the Farish Jubilee? Only grumble from me is they haven't done a crimson short firebox one, but its a mild grumble. The Ivatt tank Dapol already do is a little basic but there is an etched chassis out there if anyone fancies a go and Farish have a Duchess on their todo list which I imagine will be very good.

Pix

Why not something from Dapols history, the J94/Austerity, done to the standards of the terrier or pannier, A seemingly endless arrays of liveries, lots of oppurtunites for special editions and easily transferable to 00 (replacing the aging ex Dapol version in Hornby's range) and I would imagine has good sales potential in O.

On a personal level I'd love a GWR 56/66xx and/or 42/52xx.

How about some Dapol 00 Gauge Class 58's please Dave as the Heljan ones had some many issues, and if I am correct your N Gauge model was a major improvement.

Also, the Class 58 Loco Group will be will to help out with any details your require.

Regards

John Arnold

C58LG Web Master

Their 00 gauge clas 22 seems to have been a great success by the number you see on layouts. I gather an N gauge one is on the cards and for me it would be ideal in 0 gauge.

It is a main line loco but small enough to work the sleepiest backwaters and very short trains. It woul be good if it could be persuaded to go round tight curves without impingeing on the realism but I suspect that most people's first O gauge effort will be a shunty plank of some sort ( mine is being planned as we speak), so probably as long as it will go round Peco points it'll do fine.

Also Dapol currently have a monopoly on this class so speak up Dave-or is this already commercially sensitive info? :O

Ed

Dapol Daves got plans taking us to 2015 maybe not complete or final plans but the ball is already rolling so anything here is unlikely to get an airing until 2016 and puts paid to those wishing for something here and expecting it in the "near" future.

I would just enjoy what weve got now.  I have a few ideas I would like Dave to consider but dont see any merit posting them here at this particular time.

Maybe it would be better coming from Dave when he is ready to invite us to post our thoughts say if they have another production slot become available and need something sharpish.....? 

He may have specific areas in which they dont want to go or vice versa otherwise we could be scratching around creating another 1500 post thread leading nowhere and I for one have already had a bellyfull of that on the Hornby thread.

I hate wish lists, but here goes. The Class 25s were the 2nd most mass produced mainline diesel type, they lasted for 26 years and could be seen on any region pulling any type of train. They were characterful gutsy hard working but have always been overlooked. There is no class 25 made to modern standards in any of the 3 main scales.

As a younger modeller, I would also like to see some new rtr realistic looking ready weathered track. Current track off the shop shelf doesnt feel like good value for money.

Oh and please do a re-run of the N gauge Dogfish wagons!

Can I also by the second ask for the OO Class 59 as the Hornby version is a bit Meh! Some National Power 59/2's along with the associated hoppers. Not too sure of the classification. I would love these as they have all been through my local docks :)

What's wrong with the Farish Jubilee? Only grumble from me is they haven't done a crimson short firebox one, but its a mild grumble. The Ivatt tank Dapol already do is a little basic but there is an etched chassis out there if anyone fancies a go and Farish have a Duchess on their todo list which I imagine will be very good. Pix

Sorry, meant Fowler Tank

Hi from Japan everyone,

Well this turned into a wish list quite quickly didn't it? Lol

Anyway, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything except yes I have my plans laid until 2015 at he moment.

However, ones I won't be touching as I understand others are apparently (look out for announcements soon) include,

In N gauge an N15

In 009 a Manning Wardle

In OO gauge Sarah Siddons, and Underground stock with an 84 soon after (unless that changes due to poor electric sales)

Remember you read it here first. Dave, first with the news! (Until the egg appears on his face that is) lol

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi from Japan everyone,

Well this turned into a wish list quite quickly didn't it? Lol

Anyway, I'm not going to confirm or deny anything except yes I have my plans laid until 2015 at he moment.

However, ones I won't be touching as I understand others are apparently (look out for announcements soon) include,

In N gauge an N15

In 009 a Manning Wardle

In OO gauge Sarah Siddons, and Underground stock with an 84 soon after (unless that changes due to poor electric sales)

Remember you read it here first. Dave, first with the news! (Until the egg appears on his face that is) lol

Cheers

Dave

So you are researching for doing some Japanese models then!!

In 009 a Manning Wardle

Damn :) you sure that i can't bribe you to do it after all? :D Not even if i ask really really nicely :)

I all seriousness though, i await your next announcement with baited breath, there is always something to make my wallet lighter in your announcements :D I was 'OO' until you came along, and now I am N as well, with a possible foray into 'O' on the cards :)

EDIT: So Ffestiniog 009 is still on the cards then? :D

Archived