RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Aureol takes a rest as the light fades

attachicon.gifIMG_20180731_182459.jpg

Great atmosphere on all your shots, really lovely model making. It's a shame the Bachmann Class 40 windows suffer a bit from 'chunky window frames' syndrome and are always a bit of a giveaway (although nothing like as hideous as the old Lima/Hornby moulding).  Those Shawplan etched window surrounds still provide a neat solution if you ever wanted to hack them about.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Can you expand on 'til backscene' I'm always interested in other views of what I've done. And hopefully I can improve on it.

Thanks

Sorry I was thinking in Danish, and writing in a mixture of Danish and English. What I was trying to say is that I love the way the printed background flows into the 3D modelling. You have done a good job that fools the eye. Because when going back at looking at the photo again I realise that there are things that don't make logical sense. For example that the bridge ( complete with the obligatory bus) is actually a bridge to no where. But this does not matter because the whole thing still looks real. I assume that is covering the entrance to a fiddle yard, which makes it more impressive as the continuous scene is actually going round a 90 corner as well. Can I ask at what point did you choose the picture for the background, was it before you did the modelling? I am just starting a ( for me) major project and was planning to take a lot of panorama pictures on the sommerset area which is where I am modelling. But I'm beginning to wonder if I should start with getting the background done first and the modelling up to/in it. rather than plonking down a lot of buildings and hills and then trying to match a photo to them.

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 2