Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

..never mind the bikini clad burd..they're ten a penny..whats that on top of the pump?

I think it's a Tiger to go in the tank?*

I remember my local Esso Garage had a illuminated tiger globe on top of one of it's pumps at about the same time you got a free imitation tigers tail to hang out of your filler cap. For dozens of different reasons, I can't imagine that promotion going down particularly well these days.

*Only folk over a certain age will get this.

P

Edit:

Thought so; a quick giggle turned this up.

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/brightwells/catalogue-id-srbr10045/lot-c67b5f35-7e67-4d8f-883d-a44701750866

I can't remember what happened five minutes ago, but the headpiece still isn't to bad on what happened fifty years ago. 1965/66 I reckon.

EDITED to put words in correct order and insert missing words.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

You can still get variants on that I saw a limo on a hen do going past the other day and it had something like that hanging out the fuel tank but pinker and a lot ruder.

So if all the gals in that limo were models (a distinct possibility on the North Yorkshire moor tops at this time of year!) but had pink and rude things hanging out, that wouldn't make them very realistic models.

P

(making a forlorn attempt at getting things back on topic)

So if all the gals in that limo were models (a distinct possibility on the North Yorkshire moor tops at this time of year!) but had pink and rude things hanging out, that wouldn't make them very realistic models.

P

(making a forlorn attempt at getting things back on topic)

Depends what scale they were...and who the manufacturer was?

Stewart

I think it's an Tiger to go in the tank?*

I remember my local Esso Garage had a illuminated tiger globe on top of one of it's pumps about the same time you got a free imitation tigers tail to hang out of your filler cap. For dozens of different reasons, I can't imagine that promotion going down particularly well these days.

*Only folk over a certain age will get this.

P

Edit:

Thought so; a quick giggle turned this up.

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/brightwells/catalogue-id-srbr10045/lot-c67b5f35-7e67-4d8f-883d-a44701750866

I can't remember what happened five minutes ago, but the headpiece still isn't to bad on fifty years ago. 1965/66 I reckon.

Cortina is a '64 and looking pretty good..front wings on Fords had a 4 year lifespan then so yep would agree 65/66.

Edited by vitalspark

Cortina is a '64 and looking pretty good..front wings on Fords had a 4 year lifespan then so yep would agree 65/66.

I used to work with a spark who drove an identical Mk1, same colour and also on a B plate. It was still immaculate and in daily use in 1982. Strangely the driver was called "Scooby".

Remind me on at Glasgow to tell you a strange story about the boot in that Cortina.

P

..I'm intrigued…thinking about it I could tell you a few stories that took place in a few of my Cortinas..still fondly remember my '71 1600GXL ..complete with vinyl roof .

Straight out of 'Ashes to Ashes' and could top the ton..happy days.

ISTR cycling to my local Esso and persuading them to give me stick-on bullet holes. They appeared on my tracker bike and bedroom window, Dad wouldn't have them on the car nor I on my best bike (Raleigh Riviera, bottle green bought from Currys in Dumfries in 1965 for passing the 11+).

Ed

I was thinking along the same lines myself ........

attachicon.gifWreck 2.jpg

Great shot..I have a beautifully weathered 'Dutchman' desperately looking for a Chocolate & Cream coach to toiw ..and a viaduct like that.

I would like to see that shot in black and white..plus a few more from the rest of the layout?

Your wish is my command. Apologies to those who have seen some of these before.

attachicon.gifWreck BW.jpg

attachicon.gif5326 coaling.jpg

attachicon.gif5173.21.jpg

attachicon.gifshed1 BW.jpg

Your Brit is looking good..and I am glad to see you have included the draught screens on the tender..makes a big difference.

Mind you to be realistic I suppose they should be torn and useless!

My Dutchman is not to hand but McGregor shows them to effect.

Good pics..well done

post-2371-0-29686000-1452361120_thumb.jpg

Dave

• Like 8

Thats a bit unkind..nice little locos.

In my yoof I couldn't understand why they called them 'Baby Deltics' as I thought they looked more like EE Type 4s..until I heard one start-up at KX..!

Good pics.

Thanks mate, 5905 was my xmas present, cracking models for the money at the mo.

Cheers

James

They are that and probably will still be tempted to buy one although it will no doubt sit on the shelf next to 10001..Lion.. Falcon.. Kestrel.. DP2 and all the other beautiful models that I cant find an excuse to run on a Scottish layout! 

It looks well and nicely weathered..looks to be a nice layout too.

Dave.

..sneaked 10001 on to the trainset when no one was looking..

post-2371-0-75460200-1452382869.jpeg

• Like 17

They are that and probably will still be tempted to buy one although it will no doubt sit on the shelf next to 10001..Lion.. Falcon.. Kestrel.. DP2 and all the other beautiful models that I cant find an excuse to run on a Scottish layout!

It looks well and nicely weathered..looks to be a nice layout too.

Dave.

..sneaked 10001 on to the trainset when no one was looking..

IMG_0398-1.jpeg

Well it would be rude not to add one to that collection! I can just about justify it as 5902 did come to Harrogate as part of a fuel injection conference, might get round to renumbering it.. i did replace the BR totem on the side as the Heljan ones dont look too good.

Nice pic too, looks to be a very nice train set, 10001 sits very well in that scene

• Like 1