Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

A bit of East Lancashire's L&Y in the original Washington DC. That's Washington, Ceremonial County of Durham not the American one.

It's designed to be semi permanent so may see one or two exhibitions. Plenty of stock almost finished for it, but there is about sixty feet of random stone to hand carve and it's all been done by one person cos it's his baby. Progress is "in the right direction".

"The Town" is just mocked up at the mo. We're aiming for something like this but probably lower town in stone and upper town in brick. Then there's the mills.

17253372531_d5d57b3f20_c.jpgCrowborough Street, c.1967 by Visual Resources @ MMU, on Flickr

This is the standard he's working to.

attachicon.gifStd5onCrockD-008sm.jpg

P

Another stunning masterpiece from the north east..I can visualise the quality already.

What are the details of the Standard 5 ..it is also stunning.

Beautiful model that deserves a quality viaduct.

• Like 3

I'd prefer a class 100!!!!!!

Its coming ..did I tell you I'm practicing retirement..if I can now just get Sue some meaningful employment it would allow me to properly 'retire'..to the attic and the bench.

One of my Class 28s will be suitably weathered and run in hopefully for Glasgow…don't mention to Davy D!

The Gloucester..I can guarantee it will be ready for the Larbert unveiling!

more action at Kingsbridge Regis from the old Bradford Barton books.

attachicon.gifparcels B&W f1a.jpg

attachicon.gifparcels B&W f2a.jpg

Very very nice..weathered NB hydraulic is superb.

Reminds me of the superb 'Hornsea Broadway' and 'Shenston Rd' EM layouts both from memory run 22s.

Always liked these NB oddballs and can't believe its taking so long to produce the d/e 21 for us north of the border ..thought it would be a natural follow on! 

What are the details of the Standard 5 ..it is also stunning.

Basically the old Alan Gibson kit. Built to P4 with a dose of added detailing. I've passed on your compliment on to Mr Rick.

The station throat viaduct section has been progressed over the last couple of days. I've told him it's had it's interwebby baptism so that should keep him on his toes.

Here's another view of the Standard:

post-508-0-01014100-1452648229.jpg

Is that your Waldridge Incline 08 Porcy?

Nah John. It's far too clean. The Waldridge/Pelton Fell shunter still needs all it's Tyne Yard radio externals fitting. That mod was done to the prototype around 1963-4 ish.

This one must have just been out-shopped from Darlington Works and is having a run down to Croft on a running in turn. Looks like it will have to go back into shops to have some remedial work carried out in correcting that gap between the body and running plate!

Don't quite know how but I somehow ended up with four Green 08's so this one was passed onto Axlebox.

post-508-0-18303800-1452648206.jpg

P

• Like 12

Basically the old Alan Gibson kit. Built to P4 with a dose of added detailing. I've passed on your compliment on to Mr Rick.

The station throat viaduct section has been progressed over the last couple of days. I've told him it's had it's interwebby baptism so that should keep him on his toes.

Here's another view of the Standard:

attachicon.gif1stToshTest_009Edit2.jpg

Its stunning..my compliments indeed.

D

Many Thanks Vitalspark for your kind comments and high praise. If only it could be as good as Kier Hardy's layouts.

Aye..Wibdenshaw is a favourite of mine..ticks all my boxes.

Haven't seen the new one though but have heard great things about it.

D

I think someone is doing a two day rob job, I'll wake up in the morning an the rail will be missing!! :O

Ha I'd keep an eye out My uncle once went spotting down a colliery branch line got so far and realised the track had disappeared had to run back up the branch and wave the train to stop

The swines took a nice big chunk out the track

Brian

• Like 4