Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium
On 14/07/2022 at 08:42, deepfat said:

@Aymod This topic should be front and centre on RMWeb to showcase members' amazing work.  It's also a shame so many images have been lost. If I was running RMWeb I'd make this a monthly competition based on likes from us and give small award or badge for the best 

It already does on this topic....

Show us yours - Realistic modelling - Page 148 - Get Britain Modelling - RMweb
"Realistic"
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/156891-show-us-yours-realistic-modelling/page/148/#:~:text=Show us yours --,Realistic,-modelling

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Ian Rathbone said:

30926 by the lifting shed at 82G.

Wonderful work Ian. 7mm scale I hope? Else I will give up....

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 2

On 17/07/2022 at 10:39, 30368 said:

Wonderful work Ian. 7mm scale I hope? Else I will give up....

Kind regards,

Richard B

I’m afraid it is. I only built the loco so I thank the 82G team for the backdrop. The loco is a David Andrews kit with additional inside motion, dcc and sound. Repton was an occasional Royal engine so I painted it as it might have been two weeks after such a duty, still fairly clean with the bulled up brass and copper starting to tarnish.

Ian R

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Ian Rathbone said:

I’m afraid it is.

Phew!

Still lovely work - I get the intended condition and the result is spot on, indeed inspirational.

My modified Backmann 6P with my attempt at weathering, a stranger on Basingstoke shed...

IMG_7434-1.JPG.907aa1f36529ea5c31f0ce0579f59b19.JPG

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
On 18/07/2022 at 23:28, Sasquatch said:

Early morning at Queensbury the sun light is pouring into the waiting room on the Keighley Halifax platform.

Promises to be a lovely day!

846184257_7.18sunlite(2)-Copy.jpg.6453902587d1d8fcaa2f3f68d93f19e8.jpg

Rather than take the building out into the day light, you can bring the sun light in! 

One of the most realistic model shots showing illuminated interior detail that I've seen.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

As pointed out on the Grim-Up-North thread, Queensbury was closed to passengers in 1955 which means colour photos are rare.

Which also means, that the layout might look better in Black and white!

666756363_AroundQueensburystation(2).JPG.141503ba9c321044eb063e3bebd10acb.JPG 

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 18

7 hours ago, 30368 said:

Forgive me this is a work in progress so it doesn't really fit the bill I guess. However it is on the way...

My 4mm model of Basingstoke Engine shed which, I hasten to add, is not complete. My first attempt at a "proper" model railway. I build loco's primarily but phase 2, the shed yard, is next to get the scenic treatment once the wiring is tested out. A number of Drummond types on shed or waiting to go on shed.

IMG_7451-1.JPG.48a5cfcc376e27f011e3b00ea8b97358.JPG

My OO gauge layout is still under construction. It hasn't got any scenery on it at the moment but trains are running.

• Like 2