Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely convincing amd believable, but I wonder if DP1 ever actually got into this state.  EE owned and ran it, BR only providing the driver and fireman, and from photos one would have to say that they kept it clean and shiny at all times!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Absolutely convincing amd believable, but I wonder if DP1 ever actually got into this state.  EE owned and ran it, BR only providing the driver and fireman, and from photos one would have to say that they kept it clean and shiny at all times!

It was kept clean when it was running but after an engine failure it was put in store and never ran again.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Check out the shot on the Shamrock at Great Bridgeford, towards the bottom of the page linked below.  She looks like a working locomotive, on a nasty winter day.

https://davidheyscollection.myshopblocks.com/pages/david-heys-steam-diesel-photo-collection-14-pioneer-main-line-diesels

Edited by TheEngineShed
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 29/07/2022 at 14:30, Ruston said:

Faded and shabby but still working. An Andrew Barclay 14-inch Special saddletank with dropped footplate and cut down boiler fittings.

DSCF9260s.jpg.a14010aa0f11c95a8737250371e59775.jpg

Suspect the driver is a Modelu example. That layer of realism makes the difference.  

Andy

• Like 6

On 12/08/2022 at 18:59, The Johnster said:

On 12/08/2022 at 11:11, Staffordshire said:

I know the setting is not realistic,  but I thought the weathering work on this model was worthy  of placing on here ...

DP1.complete.RMweb.1.jpg

Some great pictures of DP1 here looking less than spotless. 

https://dieselfutures.tumblr.com/post/124930921843/english-electric-dp1-deltic-prototype

• Like 3

My latest model finished from my Crossways model bus fleet picks up passengers at a local bus stop. There's more detail on the model itself on the fleet thread (link below), so I won't go into too much detail here, but hope it is of interest.689446994_Envirobabyfrontcopy-min.png.b7a972160bdd288dd54ac66c201790fb.png

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Ruston said:

A Peckett bursts into the sunshine from the restricted clearance tunnel on the Harboro Stone Company's quarry line.

DSCF9288sf.jpg.b18b4560c427d03b6bac9e06084d9723.jpg

Although the engine and wagons are exiting - apparently - unscathed, it looks an extremely tight fit! 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, iands said:

Although the engine and wagons are exiting - apparently - unscathed, it looks an extremely tight fit! 

It is. It's supposed to be that the quarry line was originally built for narrow gauge and the only wagons to go through it are the company's own internal use fleet. Even the small industrials that I use have to be altered to fit that tunnel.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ruston said:

A Peckett bursts into the sunshine from the restricted clearance tunnel on the Harboro Stone Company's quarry line.

DSCF9288sf.jpg.b18b4560c427d03b6bac9e06084d9723.jpg

Briliant ! 

That view really ticks the boxes for this 'ere sheep, Dave. 

Rob.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2