Livery Photoshopping

does anyone else find Flickrs search facility almost entirely useless? I can enter fictitious liveries, nse class 67, user names etc to my heart's content and it can't return what I'm actually looking for. Even Cornish Triang Paul's clickable link returned a 'page not found' error.

It's actually easier to find a flickr image using google image search instead...

does anyone else find Flickrs search facility almost entirely useless? I can enter fictitious liveries, nse class 67, user names etc to my heart's content and it can't return what I'm actually looking for. Even Cornish Triang Paul's clickable link returned a 'page not found' error.

It's actually easier to find a flickr image using google image search instead...

I tried the link, got the page not found error, clicked on the highlighted name - and got here http://www.flickr.com/photos/northernblue109/

Frankly, I reckon that Loadhaul was probably one of the worst liveries ever, gaudy and unrelated to the lines of the locos it adorned. It always reminded me of crudely printed packaging for biscuits or some other product.

Still, life would be boring if we all liked the same things.

Have you ever been to specsavers!! :O

When is was Mainline, Load Haul and the other regional offereings the Black, Orange and Yellow was by far the best livery, suiting the 37's and 60's very well indeed.

But then again i do agree with your last line................

BTC black and silver is a very good livery for those sort of locos. I always liked two-tone green over BR Blue, seemed to work better for some locos, especially the Deltic and that 37 looks good in that (as well as BTC).

Thanks for the interest in my northernblue109 collection. I've read this thread with interest and noted some interesting images. It's great to see other people sharing their work.

For those on the learning curve, you might find a few things of interest in my techniques section (not specifically rail-related but applicable to all kinds of digital editing):

www.flickr.com/photos/northernblue109/sets/72157626293140254/

This link will take you to my railway collection:

www.flickr.co...57626362153038/

GARRY

Edited by northernblue109
  • Like 2

Garry, have you ever done an Irish big GM (071 class) in BR banger blue - I've read somewhere they were under consideration for BR at one point...

BR blue large logo livery here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northernblue109/5602911737/in/set-72157626267865498

Complete collection of fictional railway liveries here: www.flickr.co...57626362153038/

Edited by northernblue109

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's one for you guys with photoshop skills. Towards the end of their days Deltics were more into regional work down to kings cross. What if they'd been kept for that roll once displaced and spread further away? And rather than the standard 'Regional Railways' livery that was pasted onto 31s, 37s, and 47s, they'd had a nice coat of 'EXPRESS' in the style of class 158s? Points for ideas, i'd like to see what my old green lima example could look like!

Also, randomly, how about a RES 91? from both sides.......

• RMweb Gold

I can't remember if it was a 'Railway World' or a 'Railway Magazine' April fool from 30 years ago but it went along the lines of Class 76 locos replacing 33's on the Waterloo Exeter ... now I wonder what a 76 would look like in NSE?

Waterloo-Exeter seems rather unlikely (converted to third rail pick-up presumably). The Great Eastern lines out of Liverpool Street perhaps, prior to their conversion to AC or if the latter had not happended. I don't have a Class 76 to work on but may try NSE on a 77

• RMweb Gold

Waterloo-Exeter seems rather unlikely (converted to third rail pick-up presumably)....

That was the idea... dual voltage with recovered overhead from Battledown onward to Exeter :no:

But it would be nice to see ... in terms of age it would fit nicely with the Island line LT stock :triniti:

Here's a photo of one at Harold Wood on the Liverpool Street (ex. GER mainline) line:

http://en.wikipedia....-Brooksbank.jpg

Best, Pete.

And going slightly off topic - notice the effects of the lighting in daylight? A "G" class Light Engine headcode, with a disc surrounding the lower centre light, but all 4

lights, with I believe white painted "reflectors", all (not) showing at about the same brilliance. Heljan (and all purchasers) take note with your W&M railbus!

Stewart

• Like 1

• 5 months later...