Livery Photoshopping

• RMweb Premium

800px-Cn7402.JPG

Photo released into the public domain

Something like this, the CN North America logo. maybe?

med_gallery_6731_93_133038.jpg

Based on a photograph released by its author into the public domain. Modified image copyright Paul Burkitt-Gray.

How would NSE's class 321s have looked in the Networker-style livery?

Paul

Did they not appear in this livery anyway. http://www.therailwaycentre.com/Pages%20EMU/Recognition%20EMU/IllusEMU_321.html Or am I mis-reading this post?

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That intercity livery looks superb now 30 years old and still current.

The reverse blue and grey livery looks really good to. Some of these TOC's should look to the past for some inspirational liveries, They really dont need neons and swoops and swirls.

To my eyes, the InterCity livery is a development of the reverse blue and grey, adding the warmth that the latter lacked. It is undoubtedly a classic, which looks as good today as it did on the day that it was first unveiled. That said, times change and we live in an era where swoops and swirls seem to be the height of fashion - or so the image consultants would have us to believe. Many thanks to ewsjo for taking on these liveries. Garry

quick adjustment to Jo's pic, hope you dont mind Jo, ive never liked that black plastic around and under the windscreen which give it the look it has, if that where yellow it would change it.

I do like the black surrounds on the APT window that wrapped round to the side window but I havent the tools to do that.

post-27-0-22540000-1348534402.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That intercity livery looks superb now 30 years old and still current.

The reverse blue and grey livery looks really good to. Some of these TOC's should look to the past for some inspirational liveries, They really dont need neons and swoops and swirls.

But what you do need is contrasting colours for the doors to comply with disability regs. Not sure how you would do this for the InterCity livery, however I have allways thought that SNCF had the right idea ages ago (well before the said regs came in I point out) - Paint standard class doors green, first yellow and catering red. The angled design on the TGVs worked particularly well in my view.

In many ways I think it would be better to return to just a few standardised liveries (certanly cheeper when the franchise holder changes - with the franchise owners influence restricted to company name and logo like Scotrail is now.

• Like 3