Livery Photoshopping

Surely, like anything else, it would have looked great in Loadhaul! I'll let the other guys tackle this, as they appear to have files set up for Kestrel already.

A couple of recent additions from me now

gallery_6899_468_37223.jpg

With the ex Fastline 66s currently off lease, what if they were given suitably neutral liveries to allow spot hire work? Here is LNER green 66303

gallery_6899_468_2561.jpg

So what if instead of sectorisation, BR remained one large unit, and as a replacement for blue adopted APT style colours.

gallery_6899_468_227355.jpg

A natural progression really, the APT was a success and put into production, so the livery was adopted on the HST refurbishment program in place of Exec, to give a fleetwide appearance

The APT livery, to my eyes, even makes a 66 look like a thing of the 80s! Reminds me of one of Gene Hunt's ties laugh.gif

cheers

jo

The HST wears the APT livery quite well! I wonder how it would look on a 47 or 87?

Cheers

David

Heres the 47 you've been waiting for. A bit shabby after years hammering away on the cross country services!!

post-6894-011218900 1292714232_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Cav

• 2 weeks later...

RBE, it took me a while to spot the difference between your 47s! I think I perfer the first version, without the extra white band at the top.

INTERCITY Swallow was one of my favorite liveries. Unfortunatly the nationalised East Coast franchise has not brought it back, and it wouldn't work with contrasting door colours. So, I've come up with a livery similar to Swallow that replaces the East Coast logos and stripe on their INTERCITY 225's new silver scheme with other vynals. In my opinion it looks a lot smarter than East Coast's livery, even though I didn't quite match the door colour to the upper bodyside sucessfully in my Photoshops. Also, please imagine the EAST COAST and INTERCITY text to be in the exact font the real Swallow livery (and Great Western Merlin) used.

post-7703-0-53201300-1293642935_thumb.jpg

Original Image released under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Licence by Carl Spencer.

post-7703-0-76845500-1293643139_thumb.jpg

Original Image thanks to ECML180 (posted here).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a couple of ideas recently that I had to see how they look in practise.

gallery_6899_468_61093.jpg

Hmm, instead of the original HST livery (which I'm not a fan of) what if the much tastier Large Logo was appplied

gallery_6899_468_67017.jpg

An alternative take on the Canadian National / DB Schenker 67 with a bit of the CN black and red. A bit less brash than the all over red IMO

cheers

jo

• 6 months later...

More of a future livery than an alternative one...

Croydon%2520Tram%2520Variotram%2520copy.jpg

Image by Paul Burkitt-Gray, based on a photo by Sunil Prasannan, published under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License.

One of the new Stadler Variobahn trams ordered for Tramlink, as it might look on the proposed extension to the system. Crystal Palace hill can be seen in the background.

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have had thoughts to doing either a 31, 33 or 47 in Satlink livery which from what I can work out would be Dutch Civil Engineers livery but with the grey replaced by red.

Great link, Some of my favoriteare the Deltic in large logo, Western in Triple grey and the proto deltic in UP.

I cant beleive a 20 never got Dutch livery it looks so real and fimiliar.

That 40 in Load haul is nice. That livery suits everything

I think DB should rebrand themselves as DB loadhaul in the UK and use the orange and black livery.

• RMweb Gold

Frankly, I reckon that Loadhaul was probably one of the worst liveries ever, gaudy and unrelated to the lines of the locos it adorned. It always reminded me of crudely printed packaging for biscuits or some other product.

Still, life would be boring if we all liked the same things.