billyb_imp

That's true about the work Andy but I wish someone would organise things a bit better at 3 days notice I end up with 2 colleagues going on 2 weeks training & another 2 getting holidays in before end of year, at our busiest time at end of year  :nono:

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you back Billy. Andy and I were so concerned at the lack of posts coming from Lincoln that we exchanged PMs on the matter.

Adding to what Andy said - work funds the hobby, but the hobby keeps you sane!!

Welcome back!

Jeff

Good to see you back Billy. Andy and I were so concerned at the lack of posts coming from Lincoln that we exchanged PMs on the matter.

Adding to what Andy said - work funds the hobby, but the hobby keeps you sane!!

Welcome back!

Jeff

I am not to sure about that O SENIOR LUNESTER, especially NOT with Polly lurking in the wings, hhaheheheeee

Bodgit :O

• RMweb Premium

A bit more work on the AnyRail design, a fix here & a fix there, take a bit of bend out put it back again.  :scratchhead:

I cant see any difference from when I started the changes a couple of hours again  :blind:

Changed it all back again.  :declare:

That sounds awfully familiar.  It's all I've been doing of late.  Now have two copies of the same thing - the one I started with and the copy, saved so I didn't mess up the original, but looking just like it even after several mutations (and reverse).   By same thing, I mean file #27hA and #27hB....and all the previous ones. :jester:

Here's wishing you better luck with it when work eases off.  Or should I just wish you an easing off at work so you can play trains get that layout done?  :senile: :senile:

Polly

Now I'm worried, someone mentioned a sane Lunester :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Duncan

Yes Sorry about that Duncan,

Please don't tell Jeff he will give me the cane, :scratchhead:

I might enjoy that :declare: :declare:

Bodgit :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...

Work-- don't get me started...before the new tax year everyone is booking anual leave. Before the sickness policy is amended everyone is ringing in sick...ohh the model railways keep us sane haha (just about).

Keep up the good work!

All the best,

Jack.

Got a good few lengths of track soldered with droppers another 12 sets of points to solder today  :declare:

After that break it takes a bit to get going, still got to go to work Mon, Tue Wed but then eleven days off  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  to be split between model railways and the garden  :boast:

• RMweb Premium

Got a good few lengths of track soldered with droppers another 12 sets of points to solder today  :declare:

After that break it takes a bit to get going, still got to go to work Mon, Tue Wed but then eleven days off  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  to be split between model railways and the garden  :boast:

Well what better place to make my 4000th post than in Billy's shed!

At least you've got started again - that's the difficult bit. Once you have that time off you'll be flying - especially with all the Lunesters nosing-in!

It'll be good to see progress, so get your camera charged up! 

Jeff

Well what better place to make my 4000th post than in Billy's shed!

At least you've got started again - that's the difficult bit. Once you have that time off you'll be flying - especially with all the Lunesters nosing-in!

It'll be good to see progress, so get your camera charged up! 

Jeff

Wow Jeff 4000 posts well done  :declare:

Yes made a start again, taking some getting into again after the break but I have set myself goals over the next month.......

............So now to move on and achieve them  :boast:

• RMweb Premium

Wow Jeff 4000 posts well done  :declare:

Yes made a start again, taking some getting into again after the break but I have set myself goals over the next month.......

............So now to move on and achieve them  :boast:

There was a bit of a lull for everyone during December and into January. Come the New Year there were a few days where I really couldn't be ar*ed. I remember Jason asking me if I'd lost my modelling mojo. That spurred me into action and within a couple of weeks the Fiddle Yard was finished.

I've never kept modelling for so long. Usually, I manage 4-6 months then get fed up. Haven't stopped since I started the KL thread in March 2012....all down to the Lunesters.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing how/if you incorporate those curved turnouts we discussed a while back - to gain you some space.

Keep it going my dear chap!!

Jeff

Bit more soldering of droppers, hopefully will be in a position to lay some more track down (permanently) in the maintenance yard on Friday / Saturday  :boast:

Also need Margaret to build me an engine shed  :no:

That's just what I have started on so who will finish first? I think it may be yours as mine has a few difficulties to overcome but I will keep an eye on how you both progress with things over the weekend.

Jim

That's just what I have started on so who will finish first? I think it may be yours as mine has a few difficulties to overcome but I will keep an eye on how you both progress with things over the weekend.

Jim

Jim

Back down to Sheddington for more soldering & preparation for laying track over the weekend. :boast:

• RMweb Premium

Morning Billy,

News of the World reporter here. I've heard you have secret information regarding Jeff's "secret plans". Would you care to share them with us - sure to be a best seller - and we'll pay you well?

What was that? You've already sold out to Mirror group?!!!!

Have fun in the Shed, Billy.

Jeff

Morning Billy,

News of the World reporter here. I've heard you have secret information regarding Jeff's "secret plans". Would you care to share them with us - sure to be a best seller - and we'll pay you well?

What was that? You've already sold out to Mirror group?!!!!

Have fun in the Shed, Billy.

Jeff

Morning Jeff

I'm afraid the Mirror Group were not happy with the probity of the secrets I had to tell them  :no:

Mirror Group said they would make there own secrets up about Lunester Fell & publish them anyway  :declare:

I have spent to long away from Sheddington, part of my modelling this week includes fixing rail through my station but I have not fully taken into account the width of my island platform which is also on a curve, so a bit more research & measuring & re-measuring for the rest of the day / evening.  :no:

May need to build platform before I lay the track are other modellers out there building platforms before they fix rail down  :boast:

Very slow progress today after my enforced lay off, struggling to get my head around one of my more difficult multi set of points (well difficult to me) involving 4 sets of points & a crossover in a fairly small space.  :stinker:

Three sets of points & crossover wired & in place, need coffee to recover  :boast:

I may drop back on to doing a bit more soldering for the rest of the day & rest the other half of my brain cell until tomorrow  :scratchhead:

Billy,

Not sure if you remember sending me V4 and V5 of your track plan several weeks ago whilst you were struggling to incorporate curved points.

I have been working away on my plan and this week had a bit of a Eureka moment and have finally got something I am happy with.

Keep plugging away and the days of watching trains on your layout won't be far away.

Cheers,

John

post-14983-0-64518900-1364415622_thumb.jpg

Billy,

Not sure if you remember sending me V4 and V5 of your track plan several weeks ago whilst you were struggling to incorporate curved points.

I have been working away on my plan and this week had a bit of a Eureka moment and have finally got something I am happy with.

Keep plugging away and the days of watching trains on your layout won't be far away.

Cheers,

John

John

I certainly do remember, it looks like you've put them to good use, the plan looks very good.  :locomotive:

My actual design hasn't changed much and the problem with the curved points well, I'm slowly working it out with help from the Lunesters on here. It appears to be easier to work it out by practically laying the design out where its actually going, AnyRail will just not give me the amount of flexibility needed on the boards. :no:  

It's going ok despite my slow progress this last month, hope to get it Kick started again over the Easter period although I thing Margaret is also expecting a miracle in the garden & I also have a couple of web designs to work on.  :scratchhead:

The modelling needs to come first I think  :no:

In case anyone is interested in how I incorporated the curved points whilst bringing the lines back to parallel in the station this is my process:

1. create a partial curve using a particular Tracksetta radius - I chose 48"
  2. add the curved point
  3. add a piece of flex track using the Curved Flex Track option and specify another Tracksetta radius (I chose 30" due to lack of space) and estimate the angle say 45 degrees
  4. if you then attach a full length piece of flex to the end of that curve you can easily spot whether it is parallel to the grid lines or not
  5. if the flex track points below the grid line the curve leading from the point is too great an angle - in which case I repeat steps 3 & 4 with a reduced angle say 40 degrees 
  6. if the flex track points above the grid line the curve leading from the point is too slight an angle - I repeat steps 3 & $ with an increased angle say 50 degrees

This iterative process means I end up with the arrangement shown in the attachment.

John

post-14983-0-91655600-1364467439_thumb.jpg

Archived