Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

A milestone indeed Young Lunster,

NOW you are a mathamatical :O (sod it can't spell it) :no:  genius, so please can you work out for us JUST HOW MANY CUPS OF COFFEE HAVE YOU MADE SINCE YOU STARTED? :stinker:

Nearly 200 pages and as you say 5000 post on KL and I am doing post 800 on here now :locomotive: :locomotive: well done my son :locomotive:

Bodgit :sungum:

###### THE OTHER ANDY POSTED BEFORE ME :O so I am 801

• RMweb Premium

And to think, you were in two minds whether to start a thread or not!

I have been busy posting elsewhere as an old friend set up a Facebook group for my village and it has gone mental. Makes me realise how incredibly lucky I was to grow up where I did. If you are on Facebook, it is called the STORTH AND SANDSIDE group and if you find it then yes, I am Jason Thomas who keeps posting the cheeky and daft comments

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I wasn't sure it was a wise move to start the KL thread - and Jason, you were one of the first to reply.

When we reach post 5000 I'll put the posting figures up for the Lunesters.

As for coffee, Andy... I reckon 8 cups a day for 365 days = roughly 2900, call it 3000 cups. At 250ml percup, that's about 750 litres or around 170 GALLONS of coffee consumed.

Bl**dy hell. No wonder I'm always in need of a Jimmy Riddle!!

Jeff

Looked at another way.... not far short of half a gallon a day!!

Morning Jeff,

With all that caffeine inside you it's a wonder you can ever sleep. :O 

For the Layouts FIRST BIRTHDAY will you be having a party with your Brother and Al over for some cake? you can't beat a nice piece of cake, either Victoria Sponge, Coffee and Walnut or Black Forest Gateau with a great DOLLOP of real Devon Cream. :nono: :nono:

That reminds me of a tale of when Dee and I had a Video  shop in Buckfastleigh in Devon and we used to go out for Sunday Lunch to a little local Tea Rooms. I would always have the Sherry Trifle for desert  and the waitress a lovely rounded soul would come around with a VERY large pink plastic Tuppa Ware bowl under her arm and say "more cream me ansome" and scoop out a big dollop and almost THROW it at the dish from a great height, it always went in. hahaha :locomotive: :locomotive:

I must go and see if my PVA has dried yet, although I wont disturb it until maybe Sunday night when I can move onto phase two and take some pics AND maybe start the Glenfinick thread :no: :no:

BTW

I am on Goggle Chrome and I also the Smiley issue.

I also get the spelling RED LINES but I cant find spell check!  :blum: :blum:

• RMweb Premium

It sounds like you've done a number of widely different jobs, Andy.

Chased around by women offering you more cake - what a life!!

As far as sleep is concerned, you are right. I don't sleep much - wish I could do without it. 

Looking forward to this Glenfinick project of yours!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

What's this Glenfinick?

I have a postcard of Glenfinnan....very nice viaduct....

Needs edicating Lune  :jester:

EDIT Forgot to add some smileys.....write out 100 times.......  :gamer:  :paint:   :help:

I'm still struggling to understand those rather liberal Scottish carnal knowledge laws.

Down here, we'd be locked up for congress with a 12 year old (and even the 15 y/o, if the Bill was out to make an example of you).

I'm sure the 21 year old wearing purple would be a much more mature conquest, anyway...

Bottoms up!

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't struggle too much. It seems that, wherever you are, being in a position of power and influence allows you to do pretty much as you please.

The classic example is Italy where Berlusconi was sentenced to 4 years, only months ago, and is now almost running the country again. 

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Jeff I think you made a typo it should be ruining the country.

Andy when you were in Buckfastleigh did you ever meet Frank Heath of Totnes. A good modeller sadly passed on. 

Don

Andy when you were in Buckfastleigh did you ever meet Frank Heath of Totnes. A good modeller sadly passed on. 

Don

Hi Don, no I was doing HO German but never got around to actually building a layout down there. When I first went there the only other modeller I met was an elderly Gent from the town who had built the layout called "The South Devon Railway", I cant remember his name, but it was Railway Of The Month in the August 87, the Month we moved there.

• RMweb Premium

I take it we have all been looking at the Bachmann announcements today but did anyone follow the link to ModelRail's photos on Facebook? If so, did you see that the Stone Built Signalbox is the one at Arnside? It is very similar (although larger and mirror image) of the one that was at Sandside (which I watched being demolished as a kid), which has set me off thinking about building a model of Sandside box, which has got me craving to model Sandside again.

A Stanier Mogul will definitely be on it's way up the valley to Bacup when they are released :)

Hi Lunesters

My wife went away for the weekend with my 3 year old daughter and her cousins up to Cardiff to see the Ballet and a do some shopping, so I had a nice railway weekend teaching my 11 and 15 year old boys how to build a Slaters pre lettered PO wagon, we all sat around the kitchen table, after covering it with newspaper, and built one each so the layout now has 3 more PO coal wagons.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I take it we have all been looking at the Bachmann announcements today but did anyone follow the link to ModelRail's photos on Facebook? If so, did you see that the Stone Built Signalbox is the one at Arnside? It is very similar (although larger and mirror image) of the one that was at Sandside (which I watched being demolished as a kid), which has set me off thinking about building a model of Sandside box, which has got me craving to model Sandside again.

A Stanier Mogul will definitely be on it's way up the valley to Bacup when they are released :)

Must admit that I quite fancy a Stanier Mogul, too.

Not sure many people will have looked at the announcements. It's been so ridiculously quiet on here that I wondered if they'd all gone on holiday.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Lunesters

My wife went away for the weekend with my 3 year old daughter and her cousins up to Cardiff to see the Ballet and a do some shopping, so I had a nice railway weekend teaching my 11 and 15 year old boys how to build a Slaters pre lettered PO wagon, we all sat around the kitchen table, after covering it with newspaper, and built one each so the layout now has 3 more PO coal wagons.

Ian

Now THAT sounds like an excellent use of time, Ian. Even better if your lads enjoyed the experience! A damn sight better than going shopping....

Jeff

Now THAT sounds like an excellent use of time, Ian. Even better if your lads enjoyed the experience! A damn sight better than going shopping....

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Well they both asked what can they build next, hardest part was trying to explain they needed a bit of patience to allow one part to set before moving on to the next bit., all we need to do now is to touch up the paintwork in a couple of places, add some weight and couplings then I wil take a photo and put it on my layout thread,

Ian

P:S we rounded the evening off watching a bond film and eating chinese!

I've found the Bachmann announcement interesting.

The majority of my diesels are Hornby, but having seen the releases today, it looks like my steam allocation will either be Bachmann or kit built.

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, I must have a look at the Bachhy announcements, but I am still waiting for the WD.

No revamp of the WDs this time, Andy. They've done a good breadth of issues - much better than Hornby's Christmas effort IMO.

But then I've always had a strong Bachmann bias!

Jeff

Archived