Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

Andy,

It was probably Clan Line, Merchant Navy Class.  I still have mine.  Last time I took it out it ran as sweet as when I first had it and it had been in the loft for 15 years.

I think I prefer TT but you have to scratch build everything, including the locos, which is why I went to 009!  When I changed there were hardly any 3mm kits although that has changed but I do not think I will change scale again.

Having said that, as you change scale on a frequent basis, I would love to see a 3mm offering from you!  :yes:

Sorry, not really trying to cause trouble. :no:

Hi Chris, Strangely enough I had  a long chat with a guy with a 3mm layout at a show last year, but it was the silly things like cars, people, Buildings etc that would drive me mad as you just can't get them at shows, One of our club members has a load of TT for sale inc the MN so WATCH THIS SPACE, but don't tell Jeff, hahahee

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris, Strangely enough I had  a long chat with a guy with a 3mm layout at a show last year, but it was the silly things like cars, people, Buildings etc that would drive me mad as you just can't get them at shows, One of our club members has a load of TT for sale inc the MN so WATCH THIS SPACE, but don't tell Jeff, hahahee

Bodgit

:O  :O  OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :O  :O

NOT another scale for him to get involved in! At the zoo they say "don't feed the animals". On here it's "don't mention different scales/gauges, or Bodgit will be on the case!!"

Jeff

:O  :O  OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :O  :O

NOT another scale for him to get involved in! At the zoo they say "don't feed the animals". On here it's "don't mention different scales/gauges, or Bodgit will be on the case!!"

Jeff

I see Michael does Narrow Gauge :no:  

Anyway who said I was a little Monkey?

If I were a Camel I would get the HUMP with that remark.

If I were a Giraffe I would look down on people like you

If I were a Snake you couldn't get much lower

If I were a Lion I would look around with Pride

AND if I were a Bee I would sting you for a laugh, heheheeee

Bodgit the Laughing Hyena :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Polly - as CRAZY as ever. You've certainly found your niche here among the other lunatics. Even Sir Bodgit has been TOTALLY unintelligible this evening....

Jeff

Just goin' crazy wild with excitement :yahoo: waitin' to see developments, Jeff....

Polly

• RMweb Gold

Bodgit

That is the issue.  There is a lot more stuff out there than there used to be but it is all mail order.  Making your own chassis is what really puts me off.  At least with 009 you can use N guage ones.

• RMweb Gold

Have heard within the last hour that we have finally exchanged contracts and will be moving next Thursday, 14th March.  If I don't post any comments for a month it is not because I have the hump but because I have no internet.  :O

Now one of the strengths of this group is that everyone looks at everyone else's layouts etc and post helpful/encouraging comments.  The only problem is that is is becoming a full time job just to keep up with it all so could everyone go easy for the next month or I'll never catch up!  ;)

• RMweb Premium

Before Jason says it, using his favourite term, can you imagine the "gobshites" on KL shutting up for a month? No, neither can I. It would be easier to stop the Earth turning on its axis!!

Sorry Chris - in a months time there'll be another 800ish posts on KL, going by the average (come on, that's only another 32 pages!!).

Something to look forward to, along with all the other Lunester activities!!!!!!  :jester:

Jeff

I was beginning to wonder where you'd got to, Andy. Hardly a whisper from you all week - on shifts, I guess...

And Duncan - are you feeling ok? When I looked earlier you weren't on the Top 20 posters list.....

Polly - as CRAZY as ever. You've certainly found your niche here among the other lunatics. Even Sir Bodgit has been TOTALLY unintelligible this evening....

Jeff

I've been a little bit busy. Now trying to catch up and there's a lot of it

Have heard within the last hour that we have finally exchanged contracts and will be moving next Thursday, 14th March.  If I don't post any comments for a month it is not because I have the hump but because I have no internet.  :O

Now one of the strengths of this group is that everyone looks at everyone else's layouts etc and post helpful/encouraging comments.  The only problem is that is is becoming a full time job just to keep up with it all so could everyone go easy for the next month or I'll never catch up!  ;)

Not a hope. I'm looking at hopefuly doing a LOT once Monday is out of the way.

Duncan

Good to hear that you are on the move Chris, best wishes for the day and I hope it all goes smoothly.

As for me I will probably be a bit quieter over the next month as gardening takes priority, I'll save things up for your return.....unless I get tempted by something unusual then....

All the best

Jim

Have heard within the last hour that we have finally exchanged contracts and will be moving next Thursday, 14th March.  I

That's great news, our place has been on the market for over 9 Months now and not a sniff, :no:   (apart from my cold :O  sniff sniff ahhhhh choooo :nono: )

Bodgit a cho chooo :sungum: :senile: :senile:

• RMweb Premium

I'm always amazed that the system for selling houses EVER works - it seems a recipe for chaos with people depending on others....

The last 2 houses I've bought were new, so no chain. Even then, it was still a bit of a pain.

Well done Chris. I hope it all goes well and you get settled soon. Andy - hopefully you'll also be sorted in the near future. I look forward to visiting your millionaire's mansion...  :O  :O

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

My ex (girlfriend - not wife) and I looked around quite a lot of houses in Croydon when we were buying, ranging from very nice to 'Is this a squat?'

My favourite was a house that in the photos looked ok but was an utter dump, but we thought we would have a full look round anyway out of politeness. When we got to the kitchen, we asked if we could have a look at the downstairs bathroom and were told that we would have to wait as Grandma was in there. A minute later, Grandma came out, followed by a smell that would make Satan wince. The guy said 'It's free now if you want a look', followed by me saying, 'I think we'll give it a miss mate' :D

• RMweb Premium

My ex (girlfriend - not wife) and I looked around quite a lot of houses in Croydon when we were buying, ranging from very nice to 'Is this a squat?'

My favourite was a house that in the photos looked ok but was an utter dump, but we thought we would have a full look round anyway out of politeness. When we got to the kitchen, we asked if we could have a look at the downstairs bathroom and were told that we would have to wait as Grandma was in there. A minute later, Grandma came out, followed by a smell that would make Satan wince. The guy said 'It's free now if you want a look', followed by me saying, 'I think we'll give it a miss mate' :D

That last post was EXACTLY the reason I set up the lounge. Otherwise it'd have ended up on KL!!  :laugh:  :D

Yes, house-hunting certainly has its moments!!  :stinker:  :stinker:

Jeff

Dee and I looked at a property in Devon many moons ago and when we walked into the bedroom there was a pile of dirty washing in the corner with the girls blood stained nickers sitting PROUDLY ON TOP :no: AGHAAAAAAAA :O

Went to do second viewing on another property in Devon and the bloke had a picture of himself and the Cray Twins on the mantlepiece, he said help yourselves and have a look around again, we walked into one bedroom and there was his teenage son in bed :O WITH HIS FRIEND :O :o YES male :no:

DON'T THINK I WILL MOVE AFTER ALL :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Here's a bit of fun for the lounge, embarrassing old photos of yourself from the past. I'll go first with this beauty of me aged 19, sat in my girlfriend at the time's bedroom. She very 'kindly' posted it on my Facebook page recently, for everyone to laugh at. Not surprisingly, I don't use this piccy as my avatar either on FB or here:

embarrassingphoto1_zps09c7274b.jpg

Most of the houses I've looked at have all been old ones usually in need of renovation so they have mostly been tatty, but I can't say I've had any experiences like Jason and Andy.

As for selling the longest it has taken is 11 weeks and the quickest less than 24 hours, I think I have just been lucky.

" embarrassing old photos of yourself from the past ". Hmm I'll have to see what I can dig out.

I see Alvin Lee of Ten Years After died today, I remember he was in Cottingham near Hull only a year or two back, I did think about going and getting all my albums signed, wish I had now.

• RMweb Premium

Sober I think, followed by Kerry (for that is her name) thinking it would be really funny if she put eye makeup on me which, being young and in love, I agreed to. We later went down the pub and at one point, I scratched my eye and a mate said 'what's that black near your eye?' I had forgotten to wash it off!

Sober I think, followed by Kerry (for that is her name) thinking it would be really funny if she put eye makeup on me which, being young and in love, I agreed to. We later went down the pub and at one point, I scratched my eye and a mate said 'what's that black ###### near your eye?' I had forgotten to wash it off!

And that was on a GOOD DAY?

pages & pages & pages to catch up on after a far to busy period at work which just wont stop  :no:

I'm afraid not much time available for modelling until the end of March but will make the effort to get through all the Lunester pages on Saturday, looking at all your progress & thinking about my lack off  :boast:

Archived