Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I've just had a quick look at the Bachmann list.

As usual, another nice new item (64xx) not at my location, that I know of, but I should be able to add a couple of 57xxs to Great West Road even if they do need renumbering. :yes:

Also due in is Swithland Hall for transformation into Willesley Hall - hoping it comes with the 'right' tender so I won't have go hunting for a 'swap'.  In the meantime, it's back to AnyRail and tweaking the layout plan....

Well, if anyone else is on the lookout for new stock, hope you find what you're looking for.

Wishing Well Lune.

My wallet is having palpatations after I saw the list. There's so much that would fit the era and area of the next planned layout (which is becoming even closer to reality if I could find the ideal location).

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

I'm quite lucky in the wallet stakes, as, yet again, Scottish steamers aren't on the list ;-{

Well at least I haven't wasted my time scratchbuilding so far.

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

Modelling in 0 gauge I haven't rushed to look at the lists. Actually having quite a few kits awaiting assembly I ought to hold back from buying more stock. However my other interest is 2mm and you cannot rely on things being available when you want them so I have a few locos put by awaiting conversion. However I am trying to work out how to justify a 28xx on a branch terminus. I used to see them regularly on 70 wagons freights heading to London.

Don

• RMweb Premium

I am just glad that the 25 is being done for Glenfinick,

Now should I order a Garrett in OO? :nono: :nono:

Bodgit :sungum:

Have you actually done some work on Glenfinick or are you just planning? Come to think of it, how much planning do you actually do? I was fiddling with the trackplan for KL for well over a year before anything was built.

If you have commenced building....when do we get to see some opening shots? I'm assuming this is your N gauge masterpiece...

Jeff 

Lunesters

Due to a fundemental change in personal circumstances over the last week or so. I wish to use the combined knowledge of the Lunester collective.

By the end of the summer I will have a workable space as shown in the picture for a new layout project. Each square is 12 inches and the white area is the useable part.

post-6953-0-33289600-1363024011.jpg

The part that the Lunesters may be able to assist me with is helping me to identify a southern region small station with goods yard and possibly a depot in the late 1950's early 1960's that I can build into this space idealy without compression.

So far I have completely failed to find anywhere suitable.

Unfortunately due to financial constraints I will end up using Peco 75.

I want to be able to run steam, diesel and possibly some EMU's.

Duncan - Hopeful, thinking, planning Lunester

Forgot to add, it will be 00

Have you actually done some work on Glenfinick or are you just planning? Come to think of it, how much planning do you actually do? I was fiddling with the trackplan for KL for well over a year before anything was built.

If you have commenced building....when do we get to see some opening shots? I'm assuming this is your N gauge masterpiece...

Jeff 

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I have started work on Glenfinick but I have only got as far as a few pics of anything heavy i.e. boxes etc, holding down the polestyreen to the PVA.  for the sub base. :O

Now that is dried I need to figure out what I will do next :no: :no: :no: :no:

I have some track in some sort of position but I have run out of BIG NAILS,

N gauge will not take the 6 inchers, so I need some more 5 and 3/4 ones. :stinker:

and I need a bigger mallett, the sort that Scotsmen use to hit the Bell at the top of a tower :boast:

Other that that it's been a quiet day :stinker: :stinker:

Jeff 

Opening shots, there's not even a new thread link in the signature yet :beee:  :beee:  :jester:

Duncan

Lunesters

Due to a fundemental change in personal circumstances over the last week or so. I wish to use the combined knowledge of the Lunester collective.

By the end of the summer I will have a workable space as shown in the picture for a new layout project. Each square is 12 inches and the white area is the useable part.

attachicon.gifNew Room Layout.jpg

The part that the Lunesters may be able to assist me with is helping me to identify a southern region small station with goods yard and possibly a depot in the late 1950's early 1960's that I can build into this space idealy without compression.

So far I have completely failed to find anywhere suitable.

Unfortunately due to financial constraints I will end up using Peco 75.

I want to be able to run steam, diesel and possibly some EMU's.

Duncan - Hopeful, thinking, planning Lunester

Forgot to add, it will be 00

Hi Duncan, This is worst than the Crypton Factor, :O 

Not a lot to go on in such a small space, I don't wish to be negative but this is going to be a tricky one to solve. :scared:

It is going to be hard to get a terminus into the 8ft along the top as the curve will take 2 ft 6 inches at least. You could possible model a Depot and Yard, don't forget you will need 1 foot per coach and another foot for the loco for Steam Hauled stock. You will get away with a 2 Car Hampshire Unit or Thumper, but not a 4TC or 4 car Electric unit.

If I can think of any more ideas I will post on your site,

All the best mate.

Hi Duncan, This is worst than the Crypton Factor, :O

Andy

I know. That's why I've been having problems with it.

I've been having a re-think tonight and I may have the possibility if I re-arrange things to end up with 10 x 3 feet. Still very tight unless I go modular - now there's a thought.

Duncan

Andy

I know. That's why I've been having problems with it.

I've been having a re-think tonight and I may have the possibility if I re-arrange things to end up with 10 x 3 feet. Still very tight unless I go modular - now there's a thought.

Duncan

I can see 10 x 3 working with a fiddle Yard and a small terminus, A kick back from the terminus to a stabeling  point in fornt of the fiddle yard and that lovely Hornby Art Deco Signal Cabin.

Look at the layout, I think it is called Bradfield Square, it was in BRM a few issues ago, you will see what I mean.

Good Luck

Bodgit

Andy

Thanks for that.

Just had a look at the thread. Based on Bradford Forster Square, a little bit north me thinks.

I would prefer to model an actual location and challenge my modelling skills as a long term project.

Duncan

Andy

Thanks for that.

Just had a look at the thread. Based on Bradford Forster Square, a little bit north me thinks.

I would prefer to model an actual location and challenge my modelling skills as a long term project.

Duncan

10 x 3 try Bognor Regis for size :O  that is a lovelly little terminus. :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Duncan

I think the words ideally without compression are rather hopeful. As Andy says by the time you have a curve at the end there is not a lot of space left. I think the station will need to be partly on the curve. I cannot think of a curved SR terminus off hand. Lymington Harbour would be a possible but there is no depot and it is a bit restricted.

Don

HAS ANYONE SEEN JEFF? :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

He is probably buried under the mound of plaster in the Dungen whoops sorry Bunker, hahhheeeeee :scared: :scared: :scared:

Send in a search party :nono:

Edit = or maybe NOT, hahahhee

• RMweb Premium

10 x 3 try Bognor Regis for size :O  that is a lovelly little terminus. :locomotive: :locomotive:

If you've not been to this website try the links below.

Signal box diagrams:

Bognor Regis http://www.signalbox.org/diagrams.php?id=533

Littlehampton http://www.signalbox.org/diagrams.php?id=108

Polly

Can-be-serious Lune

• RMweb Premium

That's because I don't know WOT I AM DOING :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

I will just

Bodgit, :triniti:

Umm.... I think you have a fair idea! Looking forward to the new thread and seeing what you are doing. N gauge is alien to me, so your new project will enlighten me!

HAS ANYONE SEEN JEFF? :no: :no:

He is probably buried under the mound of plaster in the Dungen whoops sorry Bunker, hahhheeeeee

Send in a search party :nono:

Edit = or maybe NOT, hahahhee

Sorry Andy. I had an early night. It was so quiet on here that I gave up and went to bed. Plenty of plaster-mixing to be done today.....in the Dungeon Bunker...

Jeff

EDIT: I've just seen the most ludicrous thing when I posted this - quoting 2 of Andy's posts. I was made aware there was a limit to the number of emoticons in a post, so had to edit out some of his, in his quotes.... I knew the country was hard-up, but running short of Smileys!! OH NO!!

• RMweb Gold

Duncan are you looking for somewhere served mainly by electrics or looking for a mix of steam and electric. I am having problems thinking of somewhere where both would feature in a smallish terminus. We had both at Reading but I wouldn't describe it as small. Actually the passenger terminus was quite compact for a four platform one but the shed and goods yard were accross the road.

Don

Duncan are you looking for somewhere served mainly by electrics or looking for a mix of steam and electric. I am having problems thinking of somewhere where both would feature in a smallish terminus. We had both at Reading but I wouldn't describe it as small. Actually the passenger terminus was quite compact for a four platform one but the shed and goods yard were accross the road.

Don

Another good one would be the old line into Gosport, or Lymington Pier in the New Forest,

Bodgit

Archived