Pen y Bryn

phil.c

Andy, the Vox is an AC30H2 which is the handwired 50th anniversary model.

Guitars:) 1963 Strat, owned since 1966, 1964 Burns Marvin, Eric Clapton USA Custom Shop, Cheapy Strat for midi work, Fender Jazz Bass, Les Paul, 1970's Yamaha acoustic and Taylor acoustic.

Phil

Edited by phil.c
  • Like 3

I told you I was hooked

Again just for fun. We all try to make our layouts as near to real as possible, hence sound etc, and we all wonder what they would look like with the real stuff coming out of the chimneys, well, this is just another step just for the owner

Before and after shots.

EngineampGuardsVan800_zps20c3d80a.jpg

EngineampGuardsVanSteam800_zps18a5b11d.j

EngineampGuardsVan2Original800_zpse27656

EngineampGuardsVan2-800_zpsd5837e34.jpg

• Like 13

Guest jonte

Hi Phil C.,

Love the layout. Bags of atmosphere.

Interesting to note you scratchbuilt your points to 'OO' gauge.

May I ask which standards you built them to e.g. DOGA fine, DOGA intermediate, OO-SF?

Did you use track gauges, including check rail gauges, to build them and if so where did you find them?

Perhaps you used home made gauges or spark plug gauges to set the flangeway?

Have you had to reset the BTB of any RTR wheelsets?

Sorry if this comes across as an interrogation but just a keen admirer of your track wanting to know more!!!

Jonte

The smoke was done in Photoshop with layers and paths. The main smoke areas were taken from pictures of real loco's, the residual work was done with brushes and clone tools.

The track is SMP flexible and the points from SMP and copper clad sleepers, gauges are bought but I can't remember from where as it's about twenty years ago. BTB etc didn't need adjusting.

Phil

• Like 3

Guest jonte

The smoke was done in Photoshop with layers and paths. The main smoke areas were taken from pictures of real loco's, the residual work was done with brushes and clone tools.

The track is SMP flexible and the points from SMP and copper clad sleepers, gauges are bought but I can't remember from where as it's about twenty years ago. BTB etc didn't need adjusting.

Phil

Many thanks, Phil.

Jonte

• RMweb Gold

Phil, think I must have used up my "Like" quota for the day. As many have already pointed out, the atmosphere here is amazing.

I was interested in the distance shots of the layout, which show just how well you have blended colours and texture together. We tend to do a lot of close-up photos these days (myself included), which can conceal that things don't actually look god from a distance. But your layouts looks real both at a distance and in close-up. Superb.

And that pic of the 61xx above is just fantastic. Gives me strength to face another long day of work, thanks :-)

• Like 1

Phil, think I must have used up my "Like" quota for the day. 

As with 'A Nod to Brent', this topic is seriously in danger of causing Repetitive Strain Injury! Maybe I also should set a quota on  pushing the 'like' button.  :no:

(but keep those fantastic pictures coming!)

Sierd Jan

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

The photo of the loco leaving the colliery does it for me, the top of the rails look rusty ? Is that another photoshop touch up or just a trick of the light.

ATB,

Martyn.

No Photoshop Martyn, the rails are phosphor bronze so they are always brown.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Phil

• Like 1

Apart from the great photography, I really like the rail colour, so where do we get phosphor bronze rail from? Sounds like the answer to a few prayers - always look prototypical and conducts electricity!