RMweb

Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

I like it Andy and the sharp curves look to work ok in the scottish setting. Looking forward to seeing some greenery on this.

Cav

Hi Cav, thanks, yes once it has foliage around it it SHOULD look better. well that's the plan, anyway.

I have not seen Neil, (Mason) on here of late, is he O.K.?

Andy

like it, its already got the West highland look. Are you going to equip it with Stevens lattice post signals?

Hi Gary, I think not, :no:  my stupid fingers won't let me, :O  I was going to go for the LMS Dapol ones and then I thought  that the trains would be working with block tokens so I need to do some research and find out if they still used signals.

Andy :sungum:

Very nice Andy.

Don

Thanks Don

Andy

Morning Baron Bodgit,  l like it a lot, cant believe its got a DCC chip in and lights and so small, you have captured the scottish feel already, well done buddy another great video to add to the collection

Sir Nowall..

Hi Sir Knowall, firstly you have lost your  K at the begining of Knowall, have you reported this to the Knowall Police?

And Secondly when did you get upgraded from Cap't to Sir?

Thanks for you comments on the video, the run from Tunnel to Tunnel looks longer than I thought it would. I will post some stills later.

Sir Bodgit Flockgrass McAndrew the 3rd :sungum: :sungum:

:sungum: :sungum:

:sungum: :sungum:

Hi Andy

The semaphores disappeared from the West Highland, in 1985, the exception been around the immediate Fort William area. Radio signalling became active on the Mallaig section in late 87,and the rest followed the year after, sorry!

The Dapol LMS ones would be ok, but throw in a Reading western region tubular post, with UQ arm, most of Mallaig was signalled with these, so they were possibly the furthest west, western type signals in the UK!

It will look better mate, cracking stuff so far. I have a 47 and some mk 1s that would look nice on there  :sungum: if not a bit out of its way!

I think that Neil is concentrating on other things at the moment but he's certainly still around. I have no reason to think that he is not OK.

Cav

N is the future certainly. I have embraced it big time, my last N layout was a good 20 years ago and the quality of rtr now available is incredible. I have also honed my skills somewhat since then and modifying the stock is much more doable. I cant see me going back to 4mm any time soon. Dont worry I will start Millers Dale as soon as Outon Road leaves me room to build it.

Cav

Phew at least you did not cross to the dark side(P4)

Layout looking good Andrew just something about N gauge Scottish layouts.

Hugh

Hi Andy

The semaphores disappeared from the West Highland, in 1985, the exception been around the immediate Fort William area. Radio signalling became active on the Mallaig section in late 87,and the rest followed the year after, sorry!

The Dapol LMS ones would be ok, but throw in a Reading western region tubular post, with UQ arm, most of Mallaig was signalled with these, so they were possibly the furthest west, western type signals in the UK!

Cheers Gary, now totally confused.

Andy

• Like 1

It will look better mate, cracking stuff so far. I have a 47 and some mk 1s that would look nice on there  :sungum: if not a bit out of its way!

I think that Neil is concentrating on other things at the moment but he's certainly still around. I have no reason to think that he is not OK.

Cav

Hi Cav if we are at the same show we have to have a stock swap, hahhaaa

Andy

Phew at least you did not cross to the dark side(P4)

Layout looking good Andrew just something about N gauge Scottish layouts.

Hugh

Hi Hugh, thanks for that,

Andy

Hi all, here are some pics from today, now the wiring is finished and tidied up along with the plug and socket, and Programing Track, also the fiddle yard is almost complete and tested.

post-9335-0-00240800-1363990312_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66022500-1363990348_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75248300-1363990377_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58751300-1363990441_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-15366800-1363990505_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26232900-1363990709_thumb.jpg

More testing to come

Andy

• Like 4

Morning Bodgit,  l can't see any bodging at the moment ?    looking very good buddy, keep the pics coming, (Anymore videos in the pipeline ?)

Nowall..

Morning Sir Knowall Nowall

I have hidden the BODGING :nono:  and as for another Video, well I am seeking funding from MGM but it appears that YOU HAVE HAD IT ALL :O :no: , hhahaaaa

Bodgless :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Hi Andy

You have been busy while i have been hiding away.

But dont worry i havent been out the game, iv been sorting my stock out and pretty much all my 4mm stuff has gone.....why i here you scream??

I couldnt let you and Cav got to N gauge and not follow suit hahahaha

love your project and its very close to what i want to do and flow like yours....so watch this space hahaha

• RMweb Premium

Andy - what I'd like to know is, when did you start collecting N gauge rolling stock? Is this a very recent thing, or were you accumulating parallel to O Trebudoc and all the 00 layouts you've made?

You already have a decent enough collection of motive power in that fiddle yard.

Jeff

ps. Like Duncan - wondering where you've got to today...

Edited by Physicsman

Hi Andy

You have been busy while i have been hiding away.

But dont worry i havent been out the game, iv been sorting my stock out and pretty much all my 4mm stuff has gone.....why i here you scream??

I couldnt let you and Cav got to N gauge and not follow suit hahahaha

love your project and its very close to what i want to do and flow like yours....so watch this space hahaha

Hi Neil, good to hear from you, I will have more pics later, did you see the Video, only 2 mins, on page 7?

Bodgit. :senile: :senile:

Andy - what I'd like to know is, when did you start collecting N gauge rolling stock? Is this a very recent thing, or were you accumulating parallel to O Trebudoc and all the 00 layouts you've made?

you already have a decent enough collection of motive power in that fiddle yard.

Jeff

ps. Like Duncan - wondering where you've got to today...

Hi Jeff, I started to collect N about 4 to 5 Months ago, just in bits and pieces as and when I saw what I would need, Most is s/ hand including the fiddle yard points.

See comments above as to where I have been lurking, hhhaaaaa :blum: :blum: :blum: :blum: :no2:

O.K. so I have a day SNOWBOUND, and have managed to get quite a bit done between Coffee Breaks, Lunch and Tea.

Firstly I have experimented with another Ballast idea given to me at the Nottingham show. It involves mixing the Ballast with the PVA into a paste and then spread into the sleepers with your finger and it looks quite good.

post-9335-0-79569300-1364073927_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39101000-1364074067_thumb.jpg

Secondly the Fiddle yard is now finished and the two kick back sidings are in place.

I have also fitted the back scene board

post-9335-0-67533700-1364073569_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05762200-1364073602_thumb.jpg

Next I have built the other platform and painted the edging and rail sides.

post-9335-0-86259600-1364073745_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60713800-1364073814_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Excellent work, Andy. Snow or no snow - there' S NOW stopping you!! (sorry)

Very neat fiddle yard. Looking forward to watching the backscene develop - as I'll have to do some, eventually.

Jeff

I have to agree that that fiddle yard looks good. Need something similar for MD albeit much longer. The kick backs are good, I wondered how the very short back road was going to develop.

Cav

O.K. so I have a day SNOWBOUND, and have managed to get quite a bit done between Coffee Breaks, Lunch and Tea.

Firstly I have experimented with another Ballast idea given to me at the Nottingham show. It involves mixing the Ballast with the PVA into a paste and then spread into the sleepers with your finger and it looks quite good.

Secondly the Fiddle yard is now finished and the two kick back sidings are in place.

I have also fitted the back scene board

Next I have built the other platform and painted the edging and rail sides.

Bodgit

Andy

Please tell me that was not the big reveal.

Excellent work though. I do think that the fiddle yard looks a bit too neat though.

Duncan

I have to agree that that fiddle yard looks good. Need something similar for MD albeit much longer. The kick backs are good, I wondered how the very short back road was going to develop.

Cav

Hi Cav, There is room to come in and back a train into each side without poking its nose out the other end of the layout, :unsure: each is about 18 inches, that is the beauty of the West Highland Line, nice short trains :D :D .

So I have ended up with five through lines and the two kick backs FOR NOW, :clapping: hahhaee.

Andy :taunt: :taunt: