Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Evening DS! Many thanks for your very comprehensive reply - you certainly know your Hornby models I have to say. I'm in two minds now - going to a toy/train fair next month so I will be looking out for both a D49 and "Edward" and see what's available. Thanks once again. Regards malcolm PS What are the song lyrics from at the bottom of your moniker - been wracking my brains but can't solve it.!

If DS239 will forgive me for answering, the lyrics are from "Train" (and indeed "Long Train") by The Sisters of Mercy, back in the days when Andrew Eldritch did really novel and weird things like recording songs and putting out records. He seems to have kicked that habit.

I trust they do the T9, as I would want a couple too! 45s as well (as long as she's not Lima based - there'd be no point in replacing a Lima body with an inferior copy!). Unfortunately I missed the 4MT through being away. (Still I don't really need yet another one). I already have too many blue/grey HST power cars - a different livery might have made another sale. (IC 'Swallow' or GWT 'Merlin' definitely.)

Guest spet0114

I trust they do the T9, as I would want a couple too! 45s as well (as long as she's not Lima based - there'd be no point in replacing a Lima body with an inferior copy!). Unfortunately I missed the 4MT through being away. (Still I don't really need yet another one). I already have too many blue/grey HST power cars - a different livery might have made another sale. (IC 'Swallow' or GWT 'Merlin' definitely.)

Don't think Lima did a 45?  A 40 yes, but not a 45. Are you thinking of Mainline?

"Take a hammer to the ledge of the very last window" or something like that.  Eldridge claims to make more money from tours than making records.  Seen them a few times but not since 2006, too much of the same old thing and far too short a set,

You know how GBL models are inferior copies of Hornby and Bachmann?  Well, the same could be said about their former "person of questionable parentage" guitarist who tries to copy all Sisters (and Dead Or Alive) tunes and passes them off as his own, you know what I mean...

Back to GBL stuff, the duplicate mags that I have are free to a good home, a SAE is all I want to send them to whoever wants them (apart from the trolls I encountered on another thread and the tossers from atos and the like).  I don't have an extra copy of Deltic though, I'm afraid.

"Take a hammer to the ledge of the very last window" or something like that.  Eldridge claims to make more money from tours than making records.  Seen them a few times but not since 2006, too much of the same old thing and far too short a set,

You know how GBL models are inferior copies of Hornby and Bachmann?  Well, the same could be said about their former "person of questionable parentage" guitarist who tries to copy all Sisters (and Dead Or Alive) tunes and passes them off as his own, you know what I mean...

Back to GBL stuff, the duplicate mags that I have are free to a good home, a SAE is all I want to send them to whoever wants them (apart from the trolls I encountered on another thread and the tossers from atos and the like).  I don't have an extra copy of Deltic though, I'm afraid.

Thanks for this; 

Thanks for the very helpful response nd not to worry about the Deltic edition; related, please could you e-mail me with an address to which I can send you a large SAE?  My e-mail address and mags wish-list in on Post 2865 above.

Much appreciation,

John

The model looks very Lima* to me. Not unexpected, but disappointing.

*The coupled wheelbase looks equal and the tanks look too deep.

4561 is in scruffy lined green I'm afraid. I'd hesitate to state categorically that they did not appear in unlined black, but there was a rush to paint anything possible in the 'right' colour at the time.

• RMweb Gold

I managed to get Butler-Henderson in Cromer, I hope you don't mind me asking as they're probably like hen's teeth now, but would anyone know of any others between Heanor and Nottingham?

I managed to get Butler-Henderson in Cromer, I hope you don't mind me asking as they're probably like hen's teeth now, but would anyone know of any others between Heanor and Nottingham?

I was looking around  Norfolk at local places ,even to Lathams but no luck .i cant be bothered to go to Norwich which is six miles away so will almost certainly miss one.I dont get all of them but a Butler Henderson would be nice .I use them as God intended ,as ornaments .

Edited by alfsboy

• RMweb Premium

I was looking around  Norfolk at local places ,even to Lathams but no luck .i cant be bothered to go to Norwich which is six miles away so will almost certainly miss one.I dont get all of them but a Butler Henderson would be nice .I use them as God intended ,as ornaments .

Saves me going down to lathams! I'll try stalham news agents tomorrow they've Had them before.

Afraid not, but there was one in Smith's in Wallington yesterday.