Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Normally the GBL website would be updated today to show the next model in the series. So far no update.

1. Maybe due to the delay to the class 47 the announcement has been delayed.

2. Maybe it's too early and it will be updated later today.

3. Maybe locomotion really is the last.

4. Maybe they are just slow in updating, it's happened in the past.

Answers on a postcard or a sealed down ten pound note.

They've told us several times that Locomotion is the last.

Obviously cutting the garden hedge in the fine weather springs to mind! Not one of the bettter locomotive names was it, but provides us with a chuckle whilst we wait (patiently?!!) for the class 47. Presumably Locomotion would now be due c.23 September. Would like to know the truth behind the delay in the Class 47, as opposed to any official statement from Amercom....................

What you've got there are the Grapes of Hroth.

does Hroth live at 41C then...............it now would be very noisy at that site now - with part of the Dearne Valley Link road going through. In fact apart from Wath Central Station building (as a private dwelling) it's hard to to tell that there was ever a railway there, sadly..

Obviously cutting the garden hedge in the fine weather springs to mind! Not one of the bettter locomotive names was it, but provides us with a chuckle whilst we wait (patiently?!!) for the class 47. Presumably Locomotion would now be due c.23 September. Would like to know the truth behind the delay in the Class 47, as opposed to any official statement from Amercom....................

I very much doubt there will be any statement that explains the delay in any detail. Why would there be? And if there was, why would you automatically assume that Amercom are lying?

does Hroth live at 41C then...............it now would be very noisy at that site now - with part of the Dearne Valley Link road going through. In fact apart from Wath Central Station building (as a private dwelling) it's hard to to tell that there was ever a railway there, sadly..

Up to '63, I suppose I'd consider myself 6F or 6C finallyy 6A before TOPing myself to BD.... 

Hmmmm...  Almost time to start preparation, oiling around the motion, etc before booking off shed for Sainsbugs!

• Like 1

I have just rung the main wh smiths here in the dudley area...at merry hill the very helpful man...and I mean that, as he has dealt with these enquiries from me a number of times now...anyway none today...he has contacted the wholesalers who state its will be sent out on 31 St August. He quite rightly spotted this is the bank holiday so he expects his copies to arrive Tuesday 1st. This situation obviously may not be the same in other parts of the country, but for what it's worth...

Just picked mine up from WHS in Ashby. They only have the order issues, none for stock. 

The manager told me the next issue, no 41, is down as coming in next Wednesday.

post-19988-0-11100400-1440840774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Midland_Red
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Collected my regular order of two copies from the Newsagent this morning, it seems their info about delivery today had been correct, but no mention of a due date for Locomotion (post #5944 noted).

My sympathy to those who can't yet find a copy of Issue 40, I hope they do turn up next week.

Regards,

John

D1562 - which met a fiery grave in either '67 or '68 as I recall - you have been warned lol!

I dunno what it is about the cloned looks of the 47, but having seen the photos I think I'll be giving that a miss. I'd struggle to make anything out of it.

Let's see what Little Eva Locomotion looks like next week. It would be hilarious trying to make a runner out of that one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotion_No_1#/media/File:Locomotion_Tyseley.jpg

4ft diameter wrought-iron wheels with a highly complex pattern, a laugh a minute.

Edited by Horsetan

I dunno what it is about the cloned looks of the 47, ...

Likewise, that's soft and 'blobby', I wouldn't have guessed that came from the same shop that produced the Pepp A2. Considering the mountain of s/h class 47 bodyshells out there already, of limited modelling value; now we wait for a hero/expert of the 'silk purse from sow's ear' school.

If Locomotion really does emerge as 1:76, we should have a go at making it work, just for the s***s and giggles.

Probably be best to stick a Black Beetle motor bogie in the chaldron wagon and wheel the rest for "push along", making a working motion for Locomotion would be fun!

Many years ago, I remember a Stockton and Darlington layout in Railway Modeller (early 70s it would be and on the front cover too), with approximations of Locomotion and Black Diamond.  Perhaps that could be revisited...

No 47s locally, I'll just have to check my usual suspects with fingers crossed through the next few days!

Edited by Hroth