Great British Locomotives

EddieB

• RMweb Premium

Nothing in Wigan today, despite trying both Asda & WH Smith.

I appreciate this is already a day late, but does anyone know what time magazines are usually delivered?  I'm just wondering whether it's worth trying the supermarkets early tomorrow before I go to work.  i can't be bothered with WH Smith again during lunch hour, that will have to wait until weekend before I get back there.

I checked in the Boston WH Smiths, and couldn't see them - "no problem" thinks me, I've got three on order at Grantham.

I called into the Grantham WH Smiths at 16:30ish, to be told they are a week late, but I've got two on order - "I was hoping for three!" says I, the assistant (Manager?) says she'll sort it out.

By the way, WH Smiths Boston has always seemed to have copies on the shelf when I've looked before.

I have yet to be let down by WH Smiths in Grantham, they seem to be a god crew there.

I checked in the Boston WH Smiths, and couldn't see them - "no problem" thinks me, I've got three on order at Grantham.

I called into the Grantham WH Smiths at 16:30ish, to be told they are a week late, but I've got two on order - "I was hoping for three!" says I, the assistant (Manager?) says she'll sort it out.

By the way, WH Smiths Boston has always seemed to have copies on the shelf when I've looked before.

I have yet to be let down by WH Smiths in Grantham, they seem to be a good crew there.

(Last line edited, thanks to gr.king & Smiffy2 - the original is below)

I have yet to be let down by WH Smiths in Grantham, they seem to be a god crew there.

:no:

Edited by Catkins

• RMweb Premium

I resisted the Western, but might be tempted by the 47, if its half decent - anyone know where I might find one (when they appear) in Aberdeen/shire?  I never see any in WHS or Asda, and don't fancy spending the cost of a new loco in diesel randomly trying every supermarket!  Thanks!

I have yet to be let down by WH Smiths in Grantham, they seem to be a good crew there.

(Last line edited, thanks to gr.king & Smiffy2 - the original is below)

:no:

We seem to be in some sort of time-loop here - this is turning into an episode of Dr Who. We seem to be in sort of time-loop here etc! etc!!

We seem to be in some sort of time-loop here - this is turning into an episode of Dr Who. We seem to be in sort of time-loop here etc! etc!!

Its the Lord Nelson effect.....

They're probably getting end-of-term-itis at the publishers!

• Like 1

Just checked at smiths merry hill, the very helpful man there...assisted in similar circs when Lord Nelson was late,has just told me the 47 is expected on 26th August...the next one 9th sept......

Perhaps the staff member responsible for carefully incorporating the white cat hairs with the two A2's I purchased is having a week off? As a neophyte purchaser of the product at issue no 39, has this been a standard feature of this product line? (I only learned they are cat hairs yesterday from the person I purchased the second of the two for, the female side of his family are cattists, much to his despair.) The Hutler Benderson 4-4-0 body I have was bought for me by the same friend and came to my hands already dismantled.

• Like 3