C&M Models commission Scotrail Mark 3s

Mike at C&M

Is it not simply that the coaches weren't actually in this livery for a great period of time before the scotrail livery was applied?

Cheers,

Alan

From what I can find out these four coaches were in Blue/Grey for about 5 years at least from 1979ish to 1984/5ish. Does anyone have exact dates?

I received mine at the weekend and it's a very nice set.

One minor issue I have with mine that's worth pointing out so others can check theirs - one of the wheels on one coach is very odd and appears to have been manufactured incorrectly - it's thin! 2mmFS folks would be very happy, but not quite N gauge standards! Worth a check on your set - I've dropped C&M an email, so hopefully they can just send me a single wheelset or a bogie to save me the hassle of sending the whole lot back.

post-7627-0-73989900-1394491006.jpg

Cheers,
Alan

Hi Gang,

Just seen an online auction for the Blue/ Grey versions......can confirm the wording is 'InterCity'.....but to me the running numbers look too big.

I think this means that I will go for previously owned Blue/Grey from the stock box (remember the cheap wrongly positioned logo versions from Hattons)....and I can remove the logos and numbers for ScotRail logos and ScR numbering of the correct size....

Later,

Stu in OAKN.

Hi Gang,

the running numbers look too big.

All the raspberry ripple livery versions (InterCity, INTERCITY, and ScotRail) have these larger numbers and in what appear to be an incorrect font

The same issue exists on their Class 156 in the original Sprinter / SuperSprinter livery

I dont remember if the blue grey mk3s were branded inter city or scotrail......

The initial batch were delivered with SC prefixes and Inter-City logos

They next batch were delivered with M prefixes and Inter-City logos, and later replaced with SC prefixes

The final batch were delivered with M prefixes and Inter-City logos, and then transferred away

These were the first coaches painted into the new ScotRail livery, so the logos were not changed

It was only the Mark 3A sleepers that had their Inter-City logos either removed, painted over or adjusted

For some reason they were all amended differently

Equally, one of the sleepers 10680 was painted along with the TSO in the trial livery, but was not transferred out of West Coast duties as it was not a SLEP (no Pantry) and was subsequently repainted

That just leaves the final phase of Mark 3A use, which was a variety of INTERCITY and those which had their logos painted over (along with some Mark 2F FO and Mark 2E TSO)

Edited by mjkerr

Crumbs....I think I might have got the Friday afternoon production - after having had the problem with the coach wheel rectified very speedily by C&M, I merrily fitted all the brake disks and only when placing the coaches into the box after this did I notice something odd with coach 12004 - the glazing rim is only painted on one half of the coach :blink: . Same on both sides.

Can anyone confirm if this is prototypically correct (I'm guessing it's not and is a mistake) before I contact CM again? Photo (middle coach):

post-7627-0-51208700-1394739702.jpg

If this is a mistake it's again worth checking on yours!

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Al,

We have found one other coach with a half painted glazing rim, and it is a production fault.

You can return it to us, and we shall replace it with a correct version.

There has been the occasional fault with the coaches, but no more than might be expected with a production run of any model. Unfortunately, you are the 2nd person to have had 2 problems, but I can 'assure' you that just about everybody else seems to have received a perfect set.

Al,

We have found one other coach with a half painted glazing rim, and it is a production fault.

You can return it to us, and we shall replace it with a correct version.

There has been the occasional fault with the coaches, but no more than might be expected with a production run of any model. Unfortunately, you are the 2nd person to have had 2 problems, but I can 'assure' you that just about everybody else seems to have received a perfect set.

Thanks, PM sent.

Regards,

Alan

All the raspberry ripple livery versions (InterCity, INTERCITY, and ScotRail) have these larger numbers and in what appear to be an incorrect font

The same issue exists on their Class 156 in the original Sprinter / SuperSprinter livery

The initial batch were delivered with SC prefixes and Inter-City logos

They next batch were delivered with M prefixes and Inter-City logos, and later replaced with SC prefixes

The final batch were delivered with M prefixes and Inter-City logos, and then transferred away

These were the first coaches painted into the new ScotRail livery, so the logos were not changed

It was only the Mark 3A sleepers that had their Inter-City logos either removed, painted over or adjusted

For some reason they were all amended differently

Equally, one of the sleepers 10680 was painted along with the TSO in the trial livery, but was not transferred out of West Coast duties as it was not a SLEP (no Pantry) and was subsequently repainted

That just leaves the final phase of Mark 3A use, which was a variety of INTERCITY and those which had their logos painted over (along with some Mark 2F FO and Mark 2E TSO)

I'm sure some of the blue and grey coaches were branded 'Intercity Scotrail'. The photos from the Polmont crash spring to mind as being an example of that branding

Just received my set this morning and I have to say I'm delighted, Takes me back to my childhood, well it will when I get the outside ends to finish the formation  :)

If anyone reading this thread hasn't ordered yet I would well recommend it, not just for the product you are getting but to support another retailers efforts to do something different and not just sit back and stock boxes.

Well done  Mike and C&M

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang , Just to add Railtec advise that a white version of the ScotRail sheet now available , I had suggested doing some as Scotrail with R in lowercase and Steve has done just that so for coaches in blue grey  choice of Large R or small r available.

My sets look fine and run fine sorry to read of rimless painting....

cheers

Robert

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang,

Blue grey set came today - lovely looking running numbers might be a fraction oversize but the "Inter-city" logo like other coaches sits on the tumblehome curve a little and to my eye is a little low as a result. Not a problem as along with the CDL bump are coming off. 

At Ally Pally saw some for as low as £72.

Robert

Hi gang,

Blue grey set came today - lovely looking running numbers might be a fraction oversize but the "Inter-city" logo like other coaches sits on the tumblehome curve a little and to my eye is a little low as a result. Not a problem as along with the CDL bump are coming off. 

At Ally Pally saw some for as low as £72.

Robert

Yeah, that was the first thing that struck me when my set arrived. If you look at photos the Intercity wording should be just under the grey window band not halfway down the blue band! After the recent balls up with the loco hauled Executive liveried versions I am beginning to wonder if anyone at Dapol actually checks the liveries of the MK3s?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered this set from Hattons. From the photos it looks very nice. Looking forward to Graham Farish releasing the BR Blue 47/7 and DBSO to finish off the set.

Now, did someone mention Trans-Pennine MK2s earlier in the thread ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang,

Saw the Blue/Grey set in a local shop the other day....

Decision made.....sorry Dapol...your printing is awful on this one....might look ok next to 56070.

Memo to Dapol management...please seek a modern livery expert...there are many within the hobby/industry who would be willing to help for very little recognition or recompense....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.