C&M Models commission Scotrail Mark 3s

Mike at C&M

Easiest way to order is to phone us with your address and payment details during shop hours, Tuesday to Saturday 10a.m. to 5p.m.

Phone number is 01228 514689

Similarly, if you have a pre-order that has yet to be paid, then please phone us with your details.

There are still plenty of sets left.

Back to frantically packing parcels.... and erasing the Royal Mail pension scheme deficit, single-handed.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hattons weekly email this week lists as a new announcement, a box set of 4 MkIIIs in blue/grey livery, 1x1st class and 3x2nd class, product code is CM002 .

Would this be C&Ms cancelled set coming out after all, but as a general release I wonder?

Would this be C&Ms cancelled set coming out after all, but as a general release I wonder?

You would be correct. I had assumed that production had simply been cancelled, as no mention was ever made of these following our cancellation, and I never saw any livery samples.. However, I got a phone call from Dapol last week just to make sure that I no longer wanted them, and if that was the case, they would put them on general release.

Considering we dropped these due to low numbers of pre-orders, coupled with the then proposed release of individual blue/grey loco hauled Mark 3s, admittedly with an 'M' prefix., I cannot see them flying off the shelves.

Just ordered a set.  Definitely my period but no where near the geographical area I'm interested in, but I've always had a soft spot for Scotrail livery.  Roll on the DBSO and 47...

What's next?

Farish Transpennine MK2a's & BG ? 

You know it makes sense... :wink_mini:  

And the artwork should have already been done for the OO Model Rail Ltd Editions  (for the Mk2s anyway)

Don't mention them coaches too.. The credit card just ran off and hid! :O

Cheers

Mark

You would be correct. I had assumed that production had simply been cancelled, as no mention was ever made of these following our cancellation, and I never saw any livery samples.. However, I got a phone call from Dapol last week just to make sure that I no longer wanted them, and if that was the case, they would put them on general release.

Considering we dropped these due to low numbers of pre-orders, coupled with the then proposed release of individual blue/grey loco hauled Mark 3s, admittedly with an 'M' prefix., I cannot see them flying off the shelves.

I wasn't aware that you were considering them until after you had cancelled them.

Can anybody confirm if the Mk3 set used to Oban behind a Deltic has 'SC' prefixes?

I wasn't aware that you were considering them until after you had cancelled them.

Can anybody confirm if the Mk3 set used to Oban behind a Deltic has 'SC' prefixes?

Hi There,

I'm out of the country so cannot refer to the issue of Rail Enthusiast that this was described in, but as it was a ScR push pull set used (inc DBSO), then I think it safe to assume Sc-prefixed coaches...

Later,

Stu in OAKN.

Hattons weekly email this week lists as a new announcement, a box set of 4 MkIIIs in blue/grey livery, 1x1st class and 3x2nd class, product code is CM002 .

Hi Gang,

Interesting development......may have to invest in a set!!!

Stu in OAKN.

Well I suppose apart from the Sc prefix which will go unnoticed by my eyes the livery on my 4 WCML coaches is fine for b/g period on the push pulls because they started out as Inter City branded. Still I would have bought the bookset had I known that Dapol were still planning the release despite C&M abandoning the run due to poor take up on the pre orders.

Collected my four Dapol Mark 3A ScotRail coach sets today, increased from the original three
Amended my outstanding items  with one additional Farish DBSO

That just leaves me requiring the Farish 47/7 locos, which Mike advised should be available by the end of this year
I can then use my current Electra modified DBSO, until the Farish DBSO arrive in early 2015

Roll on the autumn when I can start finishing off the layout...
Too much to do between now, the summer and autumn

During the summer I can then send 10 of the 47/4 locos for repainting, as I am out of the country for 3 months, so should all be completed when I get back
As discussed with Mike, with only two Farish 47/4 locos and no new liveries on the horizon this is my only other option
The only other item missing is the new Farish 37/4, which in effect completes the rolling stock

Edited by mjkerr

The following is a direct copy of the what I originally submitted to Dapol as the specification for the Blue/Grey Set.

The set is to consist of 1 x 1st Class coach and 3 x 2nd Class coaches.

Coach interiors to be the relevant 1st or 2nd Class configurations, as previously modelled by Dapol

Coaches are to wear the standard BR Blue/grey livery, as previously modelled by Dapol. The 1st Class coach wears a yellow line above window level to signify the 1st Class seating.

The carriage numbers to be used are:

1st Class:                     SC11008

2nd Class:                    SC12007

2nd Class                     SC12015

2nd Class                     SC12025

I would assume the set will have been produced to these specifications.

Edited by 87029

Mike i'm surprised these had poor pre-orders.........wonder why the scotrail liveried ones have been more successful on the pre-order front?  maybe folk thought about just buying cheaper second hand blue and greys and adding their own transfers........ 

Mike i'm surprised these had poor pre-orders.......

Is it not simply that the coaches weren't actually in this livery for a great period of time before the scotrail livery was applied?

Cheers,

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Postie has just delivered my sets - and a fine work of art, running numbers of ScotRail SC12004/14/30 and CO 11905.

lovely models. Came with my extra seat bit and currently 11905 in several bits- pics to follow of conversion and fitting light bars. 

A big thankyou to Mike and C&M models for this project.

Robert

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang , Well by popping off roof, sawing though cross glazing bars, removing glazing, unclipping underframe along with desoldering cables, extracting seating, sawing in half and adding half length of Second seating with a reversal to rebuild, touch of glue on glazing cross pieces and fitting a light bar -used tacky wax to retain as it saves having to use the modellers third hand- we will mutate eventually of course!  The CO internals created - worth it ? Yes becasue I know its there does it show? Only if you look hard!

Just need now to resize photos and I will try to upload later .

Robert