C&M Models commission Scotrail Mark 3s

Mike at C&M

With regard to modifying the interior of the CO so that it has half first and half standard class seating, has anyone actually managed to dismantle a Dapol Mk3 down to the level of removing the seating without damaging anything? I've just tried and haven't managed it! The roof comes off without problem, but I couldn't get the glazing out - it's in several sections with bars across the top (and part of the same moulding as the windows) holding it in place, and the sections seem to be so tightly wedged in that they wouldn't come out without using a lot of force - I gave up because any more force than I tried would probably have broken them.

Admittedly I'm hardly the most skilled at this sort of thing, but has anyone else managed it successfully?

In word no.see the othe Dapol mk3 thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news is that the coach sets are due to arrive with us around the middle of March.

So whilst you are waiting, have another picture of one of the coaches. This is the centrepiece of our advert in the exhibition guide for the Model Rail Scotland show at the SEC in Glasgow this coming weekend.

Advert_SEC_140131A.jpg

• Like 3

Hi

You could make a fortune here. In more ways than one:-X

How to make a small item, look huge in a good looking young ladies hands. ;-)Please explain.

You could have found a niche market here and not just in the model rail world. This could change things for all of mankind.

Stephen

Ps I now see you've used photoshop. How do I know? There is no way that split headcode peak in the background is only £77. You're good, you are!:-D

Edited by ayrmrg

For those of you heading to Model Rail Scotland at Glasgow SEC this weekend, the two livery sample Mark 3 coaches are being displayed on the BRM stand. My thanks to Andy Y for arranging this.

The only difference between these samples and the actual coaches is the thin orange cantrail stripe above the windows, which does not appear on the samples being displayed.

• RMweb Gold

Hi , I have just got hold of some Mxxxxx Dapol LH to renumber. good news? is that compared to HST blue grey the number is in right place but Inter-city is too low , but is right on HST , a small mod to correct the logo has seen number now wrong ! Hopefully an easy fix for next batch !

The result is all numbers and logo to come off . Railtec transfers are doing a white version of black sheet which should make change a doddle.  coaches will run with an early DBSO Taylor models conversion.  and early farish 47/7 conversion from the collection..

Looking forward to next month, I should be able to get Warley club layout Broadwater into ScR mode easily..

Robert.    

• RMweb Gold

Oh Goodie !!

The wallet now hding under sofa !! Done the Mk3a buffet white windows and about to start on Mk3a in blue grey after fun day at work.

The Mk2 P/P set 2013 version now has correct numbers and Inter-city legends applied, 27104 done and Dapol say April for 27/2.

Should then be able to run a crossover period, but how long was it ?  

Some where in the stash  is a very poor early MTK and minitrix version and a later taylor inlay/ farish conversion mk2 along with two Mk3s - remember the Farish 47 712...How the hobby has come along.. At least the commssion will look like the real thing and when Bachmann supply it will run like it on a good day.  

Found on flicker but cannot find link now for 12009 at Montrose with a Dark "railblue" stripe  vice the light blue any body idea what it said on other - Intercity , Scotrail or ScotRail? might be fun to do. 

Robert

Oh Goodie !!

The wallet now hding under sofa !! Done the Mk3a buffet white windows and about to start on Mk3a in blue grey after fun day at work.

The Mk2 P/P set 2013 version now has correct numbers and Inter-city legends applied, 27104 done and Dapol say April for 27/2.

Should then be able to run a crossover period, but how long was it ?  

Some where in the stash  is a very poor early MTK and minitrix version and a later taylor inlay/ farish conversion mk2 along with two Mk3s - remember the Farish 47 712...How the hobby has come along.. At least the commssion will look like the real thing and when Bachmann supply it will run like it on a good day.  

Found on flicker but cannot find link now for 12009 at Montrose with a Dark "railblue" stripe  vice the light blue any body idea what it said on other - Intercity , Scotrail or ScotRail? might be fun to do. 

Robert

Hi,

The photo is on this page

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/429-scottish-region-photos-1980s/page-16

My eyes are not good enough to see what the logo says, looks like Scotail?

es grüßt

PC

The ScotRail coach sets and the additional seat inserts are now with us, so despatching should start this coming week.

Please note, that we are not the size of other shops, so it will take time to get all the orders in the post. The number of advance orders has been very encouraging.

My thanks go to those at Dapol for delivering this project on time. When we first opened discussions with Dave Jones in early February 2013, the target date was February 2014.

Special thanks go to Dave Jones for driving this project up to a point where the livery samples were produced whilst he was still at Dapol, and further credit to him for assistance given after he left the company, at a time when he could have washed his hands of any involvement. Dave, it has been a pleasure working with you on this project.

So to whet your appetite, some photos of the finished coaches.

ScotRailMark3s_Box_A.jpg

P1320230.JPG

P1320234.JPG

• Like 10

Still plenty left.

We are back in the shop on Tuesday. Phone number is 01228 514689, after 10a.m. please.

Or online, go to http://www.candmmodels.co.uk/ScotRailMark3s.html and click on the link towards the bottom of this page.

(I believe our online shop host has some maintenance in progress, so the link may not work immediately)

Edited by 87029

Oh didnt realise they were coming in a nice box set.thats great stuff.......

I cant make it out on my mobile but does the composite have the "1" numbers on the doors at the 1st class end?

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Gold

I really hope this sells well as it and along with the boxed freight train pack soon to be listed should prompt Dapol futher down the complete train pack idea, Wallet now shaking with fright ! - post CNY traumic stress !!

Thanks to all at C&M for this leap of faith.

Robert

What's the procedure with pre-order/pre-interest - I registered via email desire for a pre-order set, but haven't paid or supplied payment details yet - will you contact those in this position or should I just order a set via the website?

Don't want to miss out!

Cheers,

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered a set.  Definitely my period but no where near the geographical area I'm interested in, but I've always had a soft spot for Scotrail livery.  Roll on the DBSO and 47...

What's next?

Farish Transpennine MK2a's & BG ? 

You know it makes sense... :wink_mini:  

And the artwork should have already been done for the OO Model Rail Ltd Editions  (for the Mk2s anyway)

Edited by Stuey