RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Do they wear blue ones?

No idea! However I'm going to check on a blue birdy friend of mine in just a few minutes (up the road at Sutton Xing) ....good grief, it has just been mentioned on BBC R4.

"When you have a King ,you can stick those streaks where the sun don't shine"

That will be Gateshead then......... :mosking: 

Actually that King has quite a nice used look, rather like the Grange.

Photo 2 is interesting!

Was the tender photoshopped to confuse the sisters?

Of course it could be my 'pooter, but it looks blue to me.

Jeff

I saw that.......... must be spooky influence of the Gods at Swindon!

Very good King pics Rob.

Any news from Dawlish?

Quit

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob, can't help but think that the king would look better with an air-smoothed casing. (ducks for cover)

If this thread was a football match you would be in the away end or ejected by the old bill. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Right ,do you want more of the summer of '47 or '57 or preferably both but not at the same time obviously. ;)

Ah, but at least I'd be supporting the winning side!

Ho, ho, ho.....

You only sing when you're winning.

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

I think I'm 'allowed' (for reasons undisclosed) to suggest that the SEF chimney is a tad too tall having seen those lovely pics (the last set are really great).

P

I'm inclined to agree on that point having spent part of this evening going through my various 'King' postcards/photos collection (and 'Stars, 'Saints', 'Castles', 'Halls','Bulldogs', 'Dukes' 'Earls', 28XX, 93XX, and even RODs).

• RMweb Gold

I think I'm 'allowed' (for reasons undisclosed) to suggest that the SEF chimney is a tad too tall having seen those lovely pics (the last set are really great).

P

I'm not a big fan of the double chimney myself but anyway a few more before we go back in time again to '47.

post-126-0-80415500-1372581318_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-12915300-1372581339_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-11604800-1372581353_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hey Rob, LOOK, I'm back building WR stuff again....

I'm glad you've seen the light and I'm sure you'll make a top notch job of it too.Nice variation on the colouring of the brickwork.

• RMweb Gold

Back to GWR days and a 45xx leisurely shunts the yard before departing with its single coach.

A farmer awaits his brand new Fordson Major to be delivered which is sitting on a nice Hydra alongside the rebranded beetle.4547 shunts the wagons before he removes the toad from the previous trip,puts it in the siding and run rounds to rejoin its coach for another trip down the branch....

Another brown vehicle of mine although credit here is to its builder Mozzer Models of this parish from the Connoisseur kit.The tractor is from the Springside kit built by me.These were brand new tractors in 1945.

post-126-0-51751400-1372602177_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-19264800-1372602188_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-83106800-1372602200_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-42563200-1372602216_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-56622300-1372602272_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-77443200-1372602284_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-56273200-1372602299_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-03563800-1372602312_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-90146500-1372602323_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-34012400-1372602336_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-15666400-1372602348_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

My grandad had two of those Fordson Majors of that vintage but they were a darker blue than that Rob (the blue on yours is like the colour Ford used for later models).  And just for the record the first thing I ever drove was one of those tractors although'steered' would be more accurate as my legs were strong enough to work the clutch - well it was over 50 years ago!

• RMweb Gold

I haven't got the destructions but Springside give the correct Humbrol number to used if I remember.Glad to change it if given the new shade to do it.Nice memory Mike. ;) Plenty of images on Google by the way.

Just checked the Humbrol chart and I'm pretty sure I've painted it No 14 French Blue.At least its not LNER garter blue !

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I haven't got the destructions but Springside give the correct Humbrol number to used if I remember.Glad to change it if given the new shade to do it.Nice memory Mike. ;) Plenty of images on Google by the way.

Here you go Rob - loads of restored E27 Fordson Majors in original colours including a couple of views with later ones in the background in the paler blue

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fordson+major+tractor+e27n&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vWLQUfO8M8rmPPy3gNgJ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1424&bih=970

• RMweb Premium

I'm not a big fan of the double chimney myself but anyway a few more before we go back in time again to '47.

Have you thought about fitting a Lemaître chimney? - Worked very well on the Schools class.....

• RMweb Gold

MISSING PERSONS.

Two ladies from South Brent going by the names of Flora and Minnie Finching.Possibly early 50s and slightly batty and definitely easily led possibly to men of eastern leanings who don't drive engines on their proper side of footplate.Flora is known to love wearing a pearl necklace.

Please feel free to enter your own caption and there isn't a reward for their return.

post-126-0-24210600-1372621895_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

MISSING PERSONS.

Two ladies from South Brent going by the names of Flora and Minnie Finching.Possibly early 50s and slightly batty and definitely easily led possibly to men of eastern leanings who don't drive engines on their proper side of footplate.Flora is known to love wearing a pearl necklace.

Please feel free to enter your own caption and there isn't a reward for their return.

Here's mine:

"Flora and Minnie turn their backs on the GWR"

• RMweb Premium

King with Lamaitra or Kylchap style chimney - WOW.

Flora and Minnie missing. Who'd have thought it. Where could they be?

Re lamps: could you 'create' an icon (photoshop type) lamp to cut and paste on your pics? I know that's cheating but it would save a lot of p*****g about on the real thing. 

Oh yes, nice coach.

Qakk