A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

At foster Streets exhibition debut, there was a scruffy, smelly, bloke who kept hanging around the layout all day

Hang on a minute that was me...................

Is there anybody out there who would like Foster Street and me to attend their exhibitions?

• RMweb Premium

Exhibitions are cool................................

Not always in the summer, or at Easter at York!!

However, as Rob is fighting off the masses at the NEC and accidentally going into the Comic convention because the doorpeople mistook his request for a decent Transformer, we can post pictures of unusual things.

Go on, you know you want to......

.post-2326-0-16838100-1416747214_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-14451000-1416747501_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-98606100-1416747635.jpg

post-2326-0-10921900-1416747798_thumb.jpg

There you go.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That's what I'm hoping now. As far as I can see, No 61 was one of the O diagrams (almost identical to diagram R I understand, not sure how they differed actually) which was made in 1906. It would look superb if they really intend to do it with the entwined GWR letters.

I wonder if no 85, billed as crimson, is then intended to be in the 1912 lined lake livery. If so, another one hard to resist.

DJM Dave will be checking up on the livery details from Kernow: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92927-kernow-gwr-steam-rail-motor/

I have now posted a link to the Kernow announcement in that thread and listed what I think should be the liveries, which includes No.85 in lined lake (which is slightly different from the lining on the preserved car).  

All the cars listed are from either Diagram O or Diagram R as they were basically the same although there were very minor detail differences (all of which are known by Kernow I believe) between the various cars and appropriate to the livery they are wearing - some details having changed over the years so detail in some cases is very much related to the livery the car is wearing.

• Like 1

Not always in the summer, or at Easter at York!!

However, as Rob is fighting off the masses at the NEC and accidentally going into the Comic convention because the doorpeople mistook his request for a decent Transformer, we can post pictures of unusual things.

Go on, you know you want to......

The "Exeter" Goods Receiving Bay at Hornby's new distribution centre.

post-9751-0-84086300-1416761251.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening. I thought you might like to see the tash I've grown during my confinement. I shall be wearing this in town to frighten the local hoodies.

Stubby (stop for a moment and admire that name.........) started me thinking how good it might be to have one for movember and so here she blowspost-2326-0-99383100-1416769235.jpg

May I suggest we all adopt one and post a pic to annoy Rob.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

Sorry to put a bit of a dampener on this otherwise jolly 'you'll never guess which GW loco has been announced at Warley in the last 5 minutes fest', but whilst I was busy not being at Warley this morning, I had occasion to go into the village to post some letters, and took a look at the site of the former signal box. Here are some photos of the sad and desolate scene:

At least the old London-end up platform retaining wall is still there:

attachicon.gifIMG_4709.JPG

At least you can see the car park now and they could have trimmed the shrubbery!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Today I kissed the feet of Kernow as requested by our Danish friend, Mikkel.Got some strange looks mind.

It's a Scandivavian tradition. First you kiss their feet, then you give them your money (no wonder we've ended up a very small country!).

Seriously though, hope you had a good trip to Warley, Rob. See anything interesting?

• RMweb Gold

Talking of Danish friends.Heljan said it's too early to ask what liveries and numbers on the 47xx.

It's a Scandivavian tradition. First you kiss their feet, then you give them your money (no wonder we've ended up a very small country!).

Seriously though, hope you had a good trip to Warley, Rob. See anything interesting?

A Bachmann 64xx and a few Southern railway's products.Poor photos sorry.Bachmann and Hornby stands.I think the 64xx looks superb and is due out Easter time according to the rep.I also like the Railway Children set but no Ms Agutter included for you know who.

post-126-0-87107800-1416774112_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-07364300-1416774130_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-93222400-1416774146_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-80661700-1416774193_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-14292200-1416774208_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-04597100-1416774225_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-36338900-1416774244_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That's the norm for any exhibition these day's, I was at Tolworth show a few weeks ago there were two really scruffy unshaved guys wandering around together in stained clothing, one stunk of pee and the other poo, a woman who thought it OK for her brat to scream in peoples ears, so whats new.

I was with Bob at Tolworth and in case there is any doubt I can confirm that we had both had a shave..................

• RMweb Gold

OK, so what did you buy... Out with it!

'Takes a big gulp'

Brassmasters detailing kit for the Hornby 72xx.You do get a lot for your money.A winter project perhaps.I also bought another coach but that's a present off swmbo and had to be given up.

• Like 3