RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Please excuse me for spluttering earlier, I had meant to say Arkansas, but it came out wrong.

Uranus.

Rab.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry - wrong thread, I was going to post something in the railmotor thread. Apologies Rob.

A pair of those figures will look nice sat on the platform with a railmotor in 1927.Minnie and Flora in their 40s.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Will the rhinos also be younger?

This must be the craziest thread on RMweb. 

And do you realize, I can never look at people on station benches anymore without getting all sorts of weird associations? 

• RMweb Gold

A double like for those Edwardian photos.

Yes the Dean singles do look nice. Unfortunately I don't think one would have got to Dolgelley. Railmotors did though.

As for Brent did the Dean Singles work west of Newton Abbot?  I would have thought not a usual working if they did.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A double like for those Edwardian photos.

Yes the Dean singles do look nice. Unfortunately I don't think one would have got to Dolgelley. Railmotors did though.

As for Brent did the Dean Singles work west of Newton Abbot?  I would have thought not a usual working if they did.

Don

The Dean Singles didn't normally work west of Newton, to the west the principal class was at one time the 'Dukes' then 'Bulldogs'  (vide RCTS)

• RMweb Gold

Of course you do realise I have no rolling stock for either Edwardian or 1927 periods.Most of my coaches are for 30 years later now. :O

We could be hoping you rectify that oversight :jester:

Don

• Like 2