RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

A guy who contributes to this thread but would like to remain anonymous has sent me an early Christmas present.

post-9751-0-76632900-1419371451.jpg

Quite surprised he decided to let you have one, as he clearly worships Castle Class locomotives, but I understand he is selectively downsizing parts of his collection, as he recently mysteriously "acquired" 1,710 Hornby "Exeters" as a long term investment and is currently struggling for storage space.

• RMweb Gold

Although we are currently having a mild spell this winter, the winter of '47 was very different.

Here we see 7804 Baydon Manor leaving with one of the last services of the day.

post-126-0-13206800-1419430331_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

If this thread was a Christmas carol which one would it be ?

Merry Christmas Everyone !

we three kings

the holly and the Ivybridge

Deck the halls

God rest ye merry Hemerden

Oh come all ye Finchings

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Modern Image...I Saw Three Warships Come Sailing By......?

With ref to the coming demise of the Big Four....What Kind of Greatness?

Tigley Shed visit...24th December around 11.59p.m., Branch tank approaches the shed......It Came Upon the Midnight Clear? 

Signal Box...... Ding D*ng (Merrily on High)?

December 1947.....In the Bleak Midwinter?  (The duck's fave carol)

Filthy numberplate, so spotters sing....I cannot tell?

Finching's fave......Come watch With Us?

Hornby announcements........  Oh What a Gift? or  Come and Join the Celebration?

Boxing Day.  Approaching first train, double headed Castles, racing towards the west.....Hark, the Glad Sound?

Then, in the opposite direction, a strange loco from ooop north approaches and the Signalman exclaims...........O What a Mystery I see? 

Lamp Man's song....Like a Candle Flame?

Ticket Collector to First Class passenger alighting at Brent on Christmas eve and explaining he has lost his ticket.....Thou who wast rich?

Think that's enough for now don't you?

Ducky

(P.S. all titles nicked from Complete Mission Praise)

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In Dulci Jubilo - one of the extra jolly versions.

Also found the Hornby Christmas Carol cunningly disguised in German "Es Kommt ein Schiff, geladen ....(hoffentlich)" - A ship is coming, laden.......(hopefully)

Yes I've heard the much anticipated 2015 wagon is imminent as well as the highly sought after graffiti coach.Bah Humbug !

I can't even test run 5075 due to my extension lead going missing.

• RMweb Gold

Anyone catching the Queens Christmas speech may have noticed the same blue outfit and set of pearls as worn by this threads favourite 'lady'.I didn't know her maj shopped in Plymouth !!

post-126-0-54714800-1419520610.jpeg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

What a lovely image, Rob. Just right.

I know what you mean though....Thought her Maj looked lovely. Made one proud to ensure British.

With regard to suitable Christmas carols.....

Specially for Ducky...In the beak midwinter...

Hope you all are having a lovely Christmas.

Well who had what then?

I managed a three pack ( steady !! ) of Maunsell coaches. The S&D triple pack set 390. Long out of stock, the Memsahib found one......

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Batten down the hatches - only two more sleeps and we get to see what Rob got for Christmas!

Last shopping done, I'm now not setting foot anywhere near a shopping centre until June. January sale anyone. Bah humbug.

I can just see the headine in the Kingsbridge Gazette.

ANTB sees an end to its coach famine with five more added to its roster .

Don't you just love getting presents for yourself with other people's money.Maunsells in malachite.

post-126-0-33074100-1419590085_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

post-9751-0-04329300-1419590381.jpg

Some confusion now, as I've just realised from a recent posting above that SPG* could also stand for the "Southern" Presents Group or the Sausage Proliferation Group.... that's the trouble with TLAs....

*Pretty sure that it's not that slightly unpleasant Met lot, as they would have no business on ANTB.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifSULB&W.jpg

Some confusion now, as I've just realised from a recent posting above that SPG* could also stand for the "Southern" Presents Group or the Sausage Proliferation Group.... that's the trouble with TLAs....

*Pretty sure that it's not that slightly unpleasant Met lot, as they would have no business on ANTB.

Sensible Posters Group? Bus must be empty...

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting very worried about Rob - I mean Southern engines is one thing and acceptable in very small doses but Southern coaches, that really is starting to get a bit serious. Next thing we know there will be new buildings and it will be a nod to Bere Alston :O   Are there pills for this sort of affliction does anyone know?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

An authentic rake to go behind my N class.I won't be buying anymore, very nice coaches, well detailed and a good price.Its a shame there's not an equivalent quality GWR coach.

The only pills I need Mike are from Holstein and come in a bottle.

• Like 1