RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

The horse I backed was winning the national today when it fell.As someone once said ' ifs and buts don't win championships'.

You should have backed "Rhino Boy". He didn't fall as he charged most of the later fences, but he tired towards the end of the race.

How about 6814 Enborne Grange getting attached at Newton Abbot.

Sounds excellent! It will help celebrate me finally getting around to fixing a markits door dart to one of my Grange's that had been without one since purchase over 18 months ago. The smokebox certainly is the 'face' of any loco, and a loco without a door dart is akin to a person without a nose in my opinion - the eye is drawn to the vacant space!

Cheers, 

CoY

Edited by County of Yorkshire

• RMweb Gold

The horse I backed was winning the national today when it fell.As someone once said ' ifs and buts don't win championships'.

Or as somebody slightly more poetic than me said  "If My Auntie had bollok5 she'd be my Uncle"

• RMweb Gold

Lovely photos, Rob

Nice to see that you have also captured Albert Phister, porter. He was also known variously as 'Lucky' and also 'H. M', on account that during a royal visit, one of the royal corgis urinated over his shoes as he stood to be presented to the King.

Rob

post-14122-0-34253000-1428832043.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Is Quakers OK? JA was on the radio this morning talking dirty.

Don

ps the chat was about dog pooh although she was really there to plug a film

Edited by Donw

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant shots Rob.......love the doubleheader.  Its something I was just about to set up on Granby.  What were the GWR rules regarding doubleheading........was there some limited distance before the assisting loco had to be coupled behind the train engine?

Second question if I may......I have been admiring your coach boards for some time......if home made, what font should one use?

Kind Regards from Vancouver

John 

• RMweb Gold

http://www.precisionlabels.com/sl3.html

John.The ones on my Bachmann coaches come from the range of CPL of Newbury.My CRE set on the centenaries were done by John at Precision Labels as were the Royal Duchy ones on my mark 1s.He can advise you if you're not sure.They are self adhesive and stick to plasticard.I use white tac to fix to the coach roof.

• RMweb Premium

Is Quakers OK? JA was on the radio this morning talking dirty.

Don

ps the chat was about dog pooh although she was really there to plug a film

Yes I am OK. However I couldn't stay at home to listen to all of Jenny's comments about doggydo  as I was doing a gig, but I hope her new film includes nudism or at least some pasty eating.

Loverly coaches Rob, very inspirational.

Quackers.