A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Yea. I shall be wearing a silly label or look for the bloke with loads of SR stuff draped around his person.

P

Silly label ....."Tingling Fresh modeller!"

With a string of tubes dangling from your person ? Hmmmm

post-20303-0-24416800-1441643474.jpg

:)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robin,

Must say they do look well sculptured .

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the heads up Mark.A very promising range.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

I can remember when LC's L (the book) was banned and if anyone at school was found with a copy then they were in serious s**t. However, the Staffroom copy was well thumbed if you will excuse the expression.

I have always tried to avoid carrying a large bunch of keys in my side pockets since reading it 

Ar8e

Thanks for the heads up Mark.A very promising range.

Thanks for the plug Mark and the compliments folks.  These were an initial attempt at a range of 3D scanned figures created in conjunction with lads from the Severn Valley and Llangollen.  I'll be expanding the range over the coming months, initially redeveloping and adding to the selection of loco crew to include seated drivers, diesel crew, shed staff and relaxed/off duty crews.  It's also quite easy to provide region specific items such as the lamps that Iain is holding in the picture above.  Cheers Alan

• Like 2

I can remember when LC's L (the book) was banned and if anyone at school was found with a copy then they were in serious s**t. However, the Staffroom copy was well thumbed if you will excuse the expression.

I have always tried to avoid carrying a large bunch of keys in my side pockets since reading it 

Ar8e

I preferred this myself, mind you, I usually got into trouble reading it at school too !

post-20303-0-82613600-1441644644_thumb.jpg

I can see me getting a 'Mellors' type figure with shirt off for the swmbo, modelled by me of course !

Go ALL OUT Rob, you never know, Prieser or Noch might get you on their books !

Speaking of reading material it's strange what you find when you're not looking for it ......

post-20303-0-50576000-1441646541.jpg

post-20303-0-67763400-1441646554_thumb.jpg

And honing in on one particular area ....

post-20303-0-09187900-1441646569_thumb.jpg

And if you need any consignment notes for Brent I've got a few left in the book Rob

post-20303-0-65519500-1441646581.jpg

post-20303-0-74245400-1441646593.jpg

post-20303-0-61208000-1441646606.jpg

I saved these and quite a few other items from being thrown out many years ago when I worked up country.

I'm pleased I did now :)

• Like 9

These are the figures you get which are actually real people, including yourself if you wish. Thus Mr .Curly will be an actual person.

P

Isn't he Harpo Marx? Appropriate for the period.

But, more importantly, they look excellent figures - I'm glad they are to appear in 3mm scale especially, a scale a bit short of good quality figures.

Edited by johnarcher
  • Like 1

If my brain serves me correct the Eagle annuals used to have some model railway articles in them barrels made out of cotton reels and the like. :scratchhead:

The exploded views and descriptions of how things worked intrigued me (jet Rover car for instance), plus I remember Winston Churchill's serialised life story. 

Edited by coachmann

Hope you don't mind me posting my "finds" on here Rob ?

Three more I've found this evening.......

An original ticket from just outside your area

post-20303-0-13757700-1441657138_thumb.jpg

Then this postcard......

Seems the GWR might have had ideas above their station ! Crossed out "Post Card" and stamped GWR.

post-20303-0-44615600-1441657184_thumb.jpg

And on the reverse......

post-20303-0-69806400-1441657221_thumb.jpg

And finally one with their own issue stamp......

post-20303-0-44169000-1441657590_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Comics.....I think it was the Wizard that I got for a while. Used to have a spotters story (was it The Little Red Book?) and two lots of pics of loco's like fag cards to stick in a  book. Think I've still got the remains of one of those books in the loft somewhere! I also loved the Beano and Dandy; had to save up to get them....those were the days.

P

Oh yes, new picture is to do with a humourous other thread.....it won't last!

• RMweb Premium

The exploded views and descriptions of how things worked intrigued me (jet Rover car for instance), plus I remember Winston Churchill's serialised life story. 

The Churchill strips were published in 1958 in a hardback volume called The Happy Warrior. I still have my battered but much-treasured copy.

Jammy sod that I am, I kept winning first price in Uncle Peter's childrens page in the Oldham Chronicle, which was usually a book token for the Lexicon Book Store. Someone mentioned the 'Eagle Book of Trains', one in my collection in 1952. The one time I slipped up was in a colouring competition that would win us free tickets to the new Robin Hood movie. I didn't know our hero wore tights and so I coloured his whole legs flesh! Wot an idiot...!   :mosking:

Edited by coachmann