A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Double headed 45XX. Double headed Panniers. (then those two again but smokebox to smokebox). Large and Small Prairie. Prairie and Pannier. Hall or Grange and large Prairie. Saltash Stinker set borrowed from Laira. 82xxx but with Maunsells.

The list is endless.

Santa.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

Just wondering hypothetically today, in imagining you're stood on the down platform waiting to catch a Santa Special to Loddiswell. Of all of this thread's motive power, which would you be most happy to see at the front of your train.I usually have a Manor at the SVR but what about in make believe land...

A West Country in its full SR malachite glory hauling some GWR Chocolate and Cream stock reminiscent of those inter-regional trains over both routes between Exeter and Plymouth.

21C145 Ottery 'Santa' Mary, perhaps?

I'll get my coat (again)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't think my idea of an apple green pacific hauling a rake of teak coaches is what you had in mind so, as an aside, are we going to see the Captain on TV tonight?  ITV 20:00 Emergency!  Trains v. Weather.

• RMweb Gold

I don't think my idea of an apple green pacific hauling a rake of teak coaches is what you had in mind so, as an aside, are we going to see the Captain on TV tonight?  ITV 20:00 Emergency!  Trains v. Weather.

Fortunately not, I wasn't aware of this programme until I read it in the Radio Times (our one concession to poshness), so it presumably follows that I wasn't involved in the filming. However, they may have used footage of Dawlish, so who can tell. If anyone is that worried, I'd suggest recording it first, then asking a close friend, neighbour or family member who is sufficiently brave, to review it, and then tell you if it's safe to watch.

Either that, or hide behind the sofa if you think I'm going to appear.

• RMweb Premium

The blurb in Metro makes jibes about leaves etc.........................................

I shall watch as I like cheating when spotting Class 66s on TV and not in real life. I even 'cop' diesels on Rail Cams. Am I a fudger and do I need treatment?

P

• Like 1