A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A few quick shots from trainspotting on Brent yesterday.

These are great!  Almost feel I'm there.

John C.

​(My layout: STOKE COURTENAY, 1930s GWR junction station.  See layout topic.) 

• RMweb Gold

I'd say it had more to do with the AC supply you were trying to mimic with that point! ;)

I know you've done 'modern stuff' on ANTB, such as running the APT, but erecting catenary just for a photo-shoot might be considered by some to be going a bit far?

Does Robin have some secret hankering to run EM1s and EM2s on the layout, on the basis of the pre-war GWR proposals to electrify west of Taunton? (hang on, that would have been DC, now I'm confused).

Nice footbridge, lovely footbridge but needs enhancing/weathering and then it will be a stupendous footbridge!

Stu Penders

The painters hadn't quite finished the job when I turned up but they did shift their ladders and paint pots out of our way.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice footbridge, lovely footbridge but needs enhancing/weathering and then it will be a stupendous footbridge!

Stu Penders

Are you offering Mr Stupendous Weatherer.

A few packets of Wills Wiffs smoked underneath will sort out that weathering ! :))

Yours

F.A.G. Packit

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

A few packets of Wills Wiffs smoked underneath will sort out that weathering ! :))

Yours

F.A.G. Packit

Did you notice the lych gate amongst the trees on Andy's shot.Made easier with the use of Photoshop to hide background clutter I can't manage.Happy days.

• Like 1

Did you notice the lych gate amongst the trees on Andy's shot.Made easier with the use of Photoshop to hide background clutter I can't manage.Happy days.

Thanks for pointing it out mate, looking good, as do the other photos. Proper job !

I would like to have described Andy's photos as 'awesome' as well, but as I've now banned the use of this expression world-wide, I'll just say that they're very, very, very nice.

Then here's another  -  "absolutely!"  The pictures are indeed, very, very nice.

Brian.

Fabulous pics- but I was a bit worried that all that smoke would make your newly painted footbridge dirty.

Mike

Who has not lit a candle under a bridge for the sooty effect

Brian.