Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Rob impresses bystanders with his ability to pi55 high up a wall. Doctors were concerned with the colour though...

As you've a SR modeller who dabbles in God's Wonderful you need to pass the initiation test and correctly name all five tunnels in order from where I stood on the footbridge.

Surveying the scene from Kennaway Tunnel on the footbridge.I assume the metal plates stop the ballast washing away.

attachicon.gifSnapchat-7282390956285017644.jpg

attachicon.gifSnapchat-3234944325855353352.jpg

Actually they're a left over from WW2.  In the event of invasion, sharpshooters would pop up and surprise the unsuspecting enemy.  Perfect cover all along the sea front!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"Hey Andy, I knew your photos were good but am pretty impressed to be mianiaturised and put by the sea wall!"

Quality modelling captured to perfection by Andy York.

post-126-0-04594400-1472670564.jpeg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

As you've a SR modeller who dabbles in God's Wonderful you need to pass the initiation test and correctly name all five tunnels in order from where I stood on the footbridge.

Kennaway, Coryton, Phillot, Clerk's, Parson's and for an extra bonus the now opened out East Cliff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob - that's a great photo. Rolling stock looks fantastic

David

Hang on a minute, its the sea wall section at Pendon and nothing of my creation.Fantastic modelling and photography though.

post-22698-0-99318700-1472677265_thumb.jpeg

A less good photo of the sea wall albeit the blurriness gives a sense of speed plus whoever took it has managed to catch the full train. Found it in an album inherited from my grandparents so presumably taken on an annual holiday. Any views on date / location gratefully received! (Appreciate not much to go on)

David

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

A less good photo of the sea wall albeit the blurriness gives a sense of speed plus whoever took it has managed to catch the full train. Found it in an album inherited from my grandparents so presumably taken on an annual holiday. Any views on date / location gratefully received! (Appreciate not much to go on)

David

East Cliff just east of Teignmouth station?

post-6675-0-83955800-1472678672.jpg

Looking towards the station.

post-6675-0-59665100-1472679967_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I'm quite surprised that Robin failed to mention that he had seen the Finchings further along the beach. With one of them still in character, they are returning from the inaugural Edinburgh Festival Fringe after a triumphant appearance as The Brent Bearded Ladies.

post-9751-0-74852400-1472733017.jpg

Photo: Andy York

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

When's the layout due in BRM? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photo shoot!

Keep it to yourselves but it's looking like the January 2017 issue available just before Christmas.

• Like 1