Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Dear Sir,

I am happy to inform you that I am a miserable old git.

Yours faithlessly,

Duck Dipstick

This miserable old git is currently happy as he is on holiday and Toronto is having an unseasonable heatwave, which has brought out the toti in droves, wearing skimpy summer atire.

This state of happiness may abate as I will be travelling by train to Montreal tomorrow, I don't know what the weather is like there, so I am unsure what sights I am likely to behold there. What will definately make me grumpy is my need to rember my school boy french.

Can I have some therapy please, in the form of a nice mogul, thanks.

Edited by Siberian Snooper
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

CK, Can you give us a tutorial on how you built this beauty of yours from Bleakhouse Road.

attachicon.gifrsz_jpg512.jpeg

Rather spooky posting this Rob as I was reading CK's article in the mag last night ( which I found in a pile of others under my bed ! Don't ask ).

Now then, unless I missed it I was trying to find a description of the lovely track work but couldn't find anything.

Would the good Captain be able to advise please.

S.Pecsaver

Er, OK, happy to oblige and many thanks for the kind comments, but I have one or two other tasks to complete first, including completing the redecoration of the model railway construction dining room.

Shall I do this on Robin's thread, or should I start a new one?

I've never had a layout thread as such, having previously done it on my blog, but that's mostly been about 'Callow Lane'.

There's no realistic prospect of me putting BHR up at home in the near future, so I'd have to rely on existing photos.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

I can't think of any circumstances where that is appropriate on a civilised thread like this!

Where's Grayson when you need him?

Did someone call ?

post-20303-0-94959200-1473406200.jpeg

I'm free !

• RMweb Premium

Blogs are for clever people that know where to look for stuff CK. Does that help your decision?

By the way, I'm sorry to tell you I have finished my bit of decorating. However, I need not have rushed, as the floor installation in the same department has been postponed until the weather is cooler.

R. Ollertray.

• Like 1

Er, OK, happy to oblige and many thanks for the kind comments, but I have one or two other tasks to complete first, including completing the redecoration of the model railway construction dining room.

Shall I do this on Robin's thread, or should I start a new one?

I've never had a layout thread as such, having previously done it on my blog, but that's mostly been about 'Callow Lane'.

There's no realistic prospect of me putting BHR up at home in the near future, so I'd have to rely on existing photos.

I find blogs confusing and seldom see anything on them.  Most blog content never comes to my attention/I cannot find or navigate it/I have never seen it. This is, of course, because I am a techno-dunce.

Topics are easy to find and keep up with and I can manage to follow them! 

Poor justification, though this all might be, but I would love to see a layout topic for this layout.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'mean now relaxing after a painting session in the dining room. Using acrylic/water-based paints for the doors and skirting boards this time. Would normally have stuck with traditional solvent-based white paint, but CTMK doesn't like the smell and it's admittedly easier to clean one's hands afterwards. Haven't tried washing the brushes and rollers up yet, they're all wrapped up in cling film until the job's done.

43xx,93xx or N class.Take your pick.Photo shoot to the highest bidder.

Deffo one ov they 43xx thiggy steamers please and i'll pull the shunting arm down on me signal  :locomotive:

post-20303-0-36528900-1473436323_thumb.jpg

Yours

Y.E.O.Ford

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

43xx,93xx or N class.Take your pick.Photo shoot to the highest bidder.

The N class being 18 49

JUXTAPOSITION meaning stick it next to one of your GWR ones mate.

(I think you knew all this :) )

P. E. Dantic

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This miserable old git is currently happy as he is on holiday and Toronto is having an unseasonable heatwave, which has brought out the toti in droves, wearing skimpy summer atire.

This state of happiness may abate as I will be travelling by train to Montreal tomorrow, I don't know what the weather is like there, so I am unsure what sights I am likely to behold there. What will definately make me grumpy is my need to rember my school boy french.

Can I have some therapy please, in the form of a nice mogul, thanks.

Could you please arrange for the Toronto situation to re-emerge next year should what is a possibility turn out to be a definite and I have to make my way there for a few days.

• RMweb Gold

The N class being 18 49

JUXTAPOSITION meaning stick it next to one of your GWR ones mate.

(I think you knew all this :) )

P. E. Dantic

Dear Mr Dantic.I went to a comprehensive not a grammar school.

• RMweb Gold

18 49 - hmm, nearly time for 'The Archers'

Is that still going, it use to bore the wotsits off me then mother would go into the front room to watch the soaps the layout could then be plonked on the dining room table. :senile:

• RMweb Premium

Who mentioned media?

A real mogul has a 2-6-0 wheel arangement and has a 4 digit number starting 43, 53, 63, 73, 83, or 93 for the uninitiated.

You've forgotten the best ones have a 5 digit number beginning with 314 or 318.