RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Depends who you believe, my source was the Ian Allan book Locomotives Illustrated No 60. All the 58xx were not auto-fitted some of the 14xx had it removed in BR days, hence the need for a photo. The Airfix model did not have any auto-train gear fitted.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

Was renumbering straightforward in 1946? 1430 was allocated to Bath Road, Bristol in 1948, and I have found an image of 4830 in 1937 : could this be the same engine?

It's a bit weird here, SWMBO has been playing the mournful sounds of Leonard Cohen continually!

Edited by Limpley Stoker

Was renumbering straightforward in 1946? 1430 was allocated to Bath Road, Bristol in 1948, and I have found an image of 4830 in 1937 : could this be the same engine?

It's a bit weird here, SWMBO has been playing the mournful sounds of Leonard Cohen continually!

Yes by  1957 at Gloucester

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

Could it masquerade as 1401, en-route to or from stardom in 'The Titfield Thunderbolt' in 1952?

• Like 2

I hope you don't mind Rob, but I would like to thank all the ANTB crew for their kind comments in my "What's on your mind" post regarding the news that I am to become a Grandad next year. So very pleased for my daughter. Maybe I'll have to get that proposed layout started ! Oops, did I say layout ? What layout ? Hmm...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I hope you don't mind Rob, but I would like to thank all the ANTB crew for their kind comments in my "What's on your mind" post regarding the news that I am to become a Grandad next year. So very pleased for my daughter. Maybe I'll have to get that proposed layout started ! Oops, did I say layout ? What layout ? Hmm...

I didn't see the other post so I will congratulate you here. All the best Grahame.

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

Well done - clever fellah.  And all the best to the offspring and offspring-inlaw (or whatever the'yre called nowadays).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mr York is a magician - that's an excellent photo/ composition. I look forward to more next month

David

If you're going to the Warley show ,the January issue will be available to buy from noon [bRM stand] I'm told.

• Like 1

If you're going to the Warley show ,the January issue will be available to buy from noon [bRM stand] I'm told.

Thanks for the tip.

On BRM, I'm an e-subscriber to my iPad so unlikely I'll buy a hard copy. We will be at Warley on the Saturday though despite any carefully planned itinerary I have, it will end up as a random walk as chosen by junior. My plan is to steer him to Copenhagen Fields and Grantham. I'm also very keen to see Clarendon Road and Birmingham Moor Street.

David

• RMweb Gold

I see the grove around the number plate on the 14xx are still very noticeable and will it have the same problems of stalling on dead frogs like many of the DJM models @ £99 a pop I think I'll let others find that out.  :dontknow:

N. O. Tinpressed

Oh dear now you have me worried. I haven't been following the threads on any of the released DJM models so I was unaware of this problem.......which thread should I be checking?

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear now you have me worried. I haven't been following the threads on any of the released DJM models so I was unaware of this problem.......which thread should I be checking?

Regards

John

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92852-hattons-announce-14xx-48xx-58xx/page-29

• RMweb Gold

Naughty naughty Rob the real engines go on the inside on a double header with an oiler unless it was towing that diesel thingy out of the way. :tease:

Not always Robert as I have a photo of 6837 piloting D817 Foxhound in 1960 on an up holiday service.Also 6849 pilots D824 Highflyer near Tigley the same year.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Robin......I follow this thread and know about the number plate issue....I can live with that although it does seem a bit obvious............it was the suggestion that DJM models are prone to stalling that had me worried........

Regards

John