A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I came across this site whilst looking for something else which might of interest as a variation to the standard shed allocation listing sites as quite a few of the shed listings are for Sunday and show "visiting" engines as well as the home allocations:

Newton Abbot as an example:

http://shedbashuk.blogspot.com/2016/10/

The site seems easy to navigate and is good for other railways/regions too.

Apologies if this site has already featured on ANTB but the thread is quite long now

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I came across this site whilst looking for something else which might of interest as a variation to the standard shed allocation listing sites as quite a few of the shed listings are for Sunday and show "visiting" engines as well as the home allocations:

Newton Abbot as an example:

http://shedbashuk.blogspot.com/2016/10/

The site seems easy to navigate and is good for other railways/regions too.

Apologies if this site has already featured on ANTB but the thread is quite long now

Very interesting site, although I could only get the Newton Abbot page to work (Laira / Kingsbridge both refused to open) 

Very interesting site, although I could only get the Newton Abbot page to work (Laira / Kingsbridge both refused to open) 

You have to go to the Index of Shed Visits on right hand side of the page first, select that to get the drop list of shed visits, navigate to Devon or wherever and note the date that a shed was added to the archive,say Laira on 30 Jun 2017 and then select the month and year from blog archive on the right hand side to access the detailed listings e.g. Laira

http://shedbashuk.blogspot.com/2017/06/

• RMweb Gold

You have to go to the Index of Shed Visits on right hand side of the page first, select that to get the drop list of shed visits, navigate to Devon or wherever and note the date that a shed was added to the archive,say Laira on 30 Jun 2017 and then select the month and year from blog archive on the right hand side to access the detailed listings e.g. Laira

And register for the site, seemingly

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, that has worked for me. Will be a good reference for future loco purchases. Just a shame they don’t have the data for 47

And register for the site, seemingly

i didn't register am I just lucky?

Edit : just gone back onto the site via search bar using "Shed Bash UK" and navigated to the Penzance shed bash listings with no sign of a registration requirement

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Seemingly David. I could look at the linked entry (Newton Abbot) but when I click on any other link I get a registration page rather than the result.

I didn’t have to register in the end, but had to navigate by clicking on the appropriate date then the link

• RMweb Gold

I had a better look over the more interesting sheds last night, a handful of 8Fs at Laira and one at Newton would make an interesting addition to the heavy freight services through Brent,

4870 in Newton Abbot works in 1946 (presumably this is when it gained its 1470 plates whilst still in Black)

Lots of good stuff on Bulldogs, if only Bachmann would get round to back dating the Earl….. 

An Aberdare at NA also sounds pretty tempting (all be it in 1945)

Separately while looking for photos of another loco, I have also came across a photo of a Manor at Newton Abbot dated 1947 (7813).  So looks like this winter I finally have a good reason to get on and finish building the Mitchell Manor body I started a couple of years ago.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of info and I've come across the workings of the exchange trials of 1948.

attachicon.gifLE1948.jpg

Wanted to press both the "Thanks" button and "Like" button.   

This will have to do instead.

• RMweb Gold

Talking of info and I've come across the workings of the exchange trials of 1948.

attachicon.gifLE1948.jpg

One day I will get round to adding a couple of these to my fleet, about the only time I could justify running in BR days.  I really want to model Mallard as I understand it did a trial run down to Plymouth before the failure that saw it replaced with Seagull.  Given how nice the new Hornby model is, renumbering to get City of Bradford is also rather tempting (though they could have used one with a better name!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think it's Mr. Why - estranged cousin of Dr. Who. Capable of time travel back to the 1970s but somehow always ends up in the black country.

Terry Nation

Andy Y? I have no idea.

Who looks after RMWeb? Andy, Y? Because he does a great job....

The possibilities are endless

Justin Warmup

Tomorrow I am going to meet Andy. Y? Because he's going to share his knowledge of photography with a gang of us at Pendon :)

See, endless possibilities

D Bailey

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Tomorrow I am going to meet Andy. Y? Because he's going to share his knowledge of photography with a gang of us at Pendon :)

D Bailey

If that wasn't a weekday I'd have joined you there too. Enjoy.

D Bailey

Hope it proves useful.

I picked up a few tricks when he did Little Muddle

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've already had the introductory session and tomorrow is the advanced. Andy is not only very talented, he's also a good trainer. Add to that the unique access to Pendon, and I recommend the courses unreservedly.

• Like 2

Given how nice the new Hornby model is, renumbering to get City of Bradford is also rather tempting (though they could have used one with a better name!)

46236 City of Bradford during the Locomotive Exchange Trials 1948 at Vauxhall  looking very odd paired with an ugly high capacity tender (due to no water troughs on the SR) and towing the dyno car and an SR van(?) at the head of the ACE.

post-9751-0-38588800-1529596432.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

46236 City of Bradford during the Locomotive Exchange Trials 1948 at Vauxhall  looking very odd paired with an ugly high capacity tender (due to no water troughs on the SR) and towing the dyno car and an SR van(?) at the head of the ACE.

attachicon.gif46236.jpg

Is there a photo of 6018 King Henry VI anywhere on the Kings Cross - Leeds service.

• RMweb Gold

Is there a photo of 6018 King Henry VI anywhere on the Kings Cross - Leeds service.

Bottom of Page 15 of The Power of the Kings - preparing to leave Kings Cross on the May 18th 1:10 pm service to Leeds ;)

And 3 photo's on page 59 of Great Western Kings

Edited by toboldlygo