Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

Don't let that Spams lead you astray, Mr Sheep - he's said he's buying all weekend!

I believe he's after a few Panniers. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Having lunch.

770F993D-F83F-41DB-847D-52767CA13AB2.jpeg.ffdb78721c65baf92c11d750c7a6d0b7.jpeg

6F808831-E9E5-4183-8B09-0CA5517A557E.jpeg.899e09c7ce12e7334390224fca1628a2.jpeg

Manor's as we know maketh man...

You certainly won't be disappointed when your's arrive Robin.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, 46444 said:

Think he's been on them there Ginster's again...

Sadly yes. Two this week. However they are not real Pasties as Argyle is not a real Championship side...yet!

It would be Brandy and not that Gin stuff.

To save me some time trawling through the pages of often weird, differing opinions on other amateur threads, what do I need to be aware of on the Rapido 16XX that has just arrived and looks superb as well as being a really smooth runner on DC.

Many thanks. It's a Taunton one; 1668 I think? Got Borrowed at Chard and ended up at Exmouth Junction one day.

Philth. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

To save me some time trawling through the pages of often weird, differing opinions on other amateur threads, what do I need to be aware of on the Rapido 16XX that has just arrived and looks superb as well as being a really smooth runner on DC.

How's the bunker join on yours @Mallard60022 Here's 1608 after weathering and extra work by @toboldlygo to make a decent model that runs well. I should be getting my 15xx early next week.

1608.jpg.9d36f848cb29629929170de412a9eb36.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

How's the bunker join on yours @Mallard60022 Here's 1608 after weathering and extra work by @toboldlygo to make a decent model that runs well. I should be getting my 15xx early next week.

1608.jpg.9d36f848cb29629929170de412a9eb36.jpg

Thanks. I think it's fine Rob, but I'll check again a bit later. It is fantastic model as far as I can tell. Looks Like Kernow has rather a lot in stock!

Phil

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Thanks. I think it's fine Rob, but I'll check again a bit later. It is fantastic model as far as I can tell. Looks Like Kernow has rather a lot in stock!

Phil

As I posted on the Rapido thread,it deserves a wider appreciation. IMHO,currently the best Pannier available of the 4mm r-t-r market….both Bachmann models notwithstanding.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

As I posted on the Rapido thread,it deserves a wider appreciation. IMHO,currently the best Pannier available of the 4mm r-t-r market….both Bachmann models notwithstanding.

Well, you know my views on this loco.

However, I'm almost on the point of being prepared to give it another chance, provided I can be assured that:

- the flange profile will be compatible with my OO-SF crossover on Bethesda

and

- I can get one that runs flawlessly on ordinary DC, including slow speed crawling.

The problem is, in order to arrive at the ideal loco, I may strike it lucky or have to go through Kernow MC's entire stock first...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well, yes, but £149 for a coach?

The Bachmann LMS one is a lot less than that, I think?

I’m afraid once again it’s wake up & smell the coffee.And I’m sorry too.But it’s a model of an unique vehicle….a “special “limited release  if you like….all bells & whistles,interior detail,lighting etc.and in the same category as Revolution Trains Inspection Saloon recently released .This comes in toe to toe in price bracket with the Dapol as a comparative price guide.

However,maybe to sweeten the pill,I’ve just been over to the Stafford Show and viewed Dapol’s new Toplights,an unpainted Auto Coach sample and new Prairies. A stunning ensemble I assure you. 

For something truly momentous though for GW there is a golden horizon.   Amen.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

viewed Dapol’s new Toplights,an unpainted Auto Coach sample and new Prairies. A stunning ensemble I assure you. 

I'm hoping to get some photos if they let me tomorrow.

• Like 5