A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Is there no end to the lengths you will go to, to disrespect the GWR?

192 miles. Going through Oxford and Didcot on the return leg. 

Here's something to cheer you up:

IMG_20231015_152802.jpg.026b8b5943bec4bdf63fe7197043714a.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, gwrrob said:

You’re not wrong, ran 35 minutes late and then was routed via Northampton !

What a load of Cobblers...

Cheers,

Mark *

Coming from the Rose of The Shires...

Edited by 46444
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

KR Models had their stand at GETS but no sign of any samples to handle of their MICA B although I did pick up a leaflet that states 'CADs are completed and we are going straight into tooling' Six different numbers and two different packs of three.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

No sign of 6695 at Swanage today, not even sure if it still lives here. 

IIRC, 6695 was severely damaged when it was dislodged from a low-loader a few years back, either en-route to or returning from a visit to another railway.

Last I heard was that it had been sent to the West Somerset Railway for assessment and repairs. Unless anyone knows better, I think that may still be ongoing.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

IIRC, 6695 was severely damaged when it was dislodged from a low-loader a few years back, either en-route to or returning from a visit to another railway.

Last I heard was that it had been sent to the West Somerset Railway for assessment and repairs. Unless anyone knows better, I think that may still be ongoing.

John

Looks like it moved on from the WSR after their 'difficulties'... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.railadvent.co.uk/2019/12/steam-locomotive-6695-set-for-move-to-swindon-cricklade-railway.html/amp

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Oh my dear pals. I am so sorry to hear  this. Bless you both; such hard times for you.

John I have a stack of Bradfords and I do see your late Dad's pictures in them that kept me sane in the 70s. That photo is also wonderful; so full of interest. I can remember seeing those Big Tanks waiting at Totnes and must have been banked a few times going West, but more often just flew through there.

Rob, such stories are precious mate. Take care.

Sincerely,

Phil 

• Like 15
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, John, Rob.

So sorry to read of your respective losses. My thoughts are with you both . 

John, I'll dig out the Bradford Bartons and look for some of your fathers images, accompanied by a small glass of Port, which I'll certainly raise to your dear Mother, Rob. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon, John, Rob.

So sorry to read of your respective losses. My thoughts are with you both . 

John, I'll dig out the Bradford Bartons and look for some of your fathers images, accompanied by a small glass of Port, which I'll certainly raise to your dear Mother, Rob. 

Rob

Many thanks Rob... My dear old Mum passed away 3 years ago... but she always liked a glass of port

• Friendly/supportive 7

On 15/10/2023 at 17:08, gwrrob said:

KR Models had their stand at GETS but no sign of any samples to handle of their MICA B although I did pick up a leaflet that states 'CADs are completed and we are going straight into tooling' Six different numbers and two different packs of three.

Whilst I'm still hoping that this will end in a good result and deliver us a much needed as well iconic GWR wagon, their drama/antics when it comes to alternate liveries for models such as Big Bertha is not giving me much confidence at the moment...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/10/2023 at 13:53, Garethp8873 said:

Whilst I'm still hoping that this will end in a good result and deliver us a much needed as well iconic GWR wagon, their drama/antics when it comes to alternate liveries for models such as Big Bertha is not giving me much confidence at the moment...

Are you holding out for the yellow polka dot Mica?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6